RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Other games 1/16 - 1/19
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/19/20 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yotes on a bunny hunt leading by 30 at the end of 3.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/19/20 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched Clemson beat Duke for the first time in 20 years. Duke only managed to score 14 in the first half but almost came all of the way back to win with a 27-point 4Q. Clemson hung on 62-58.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/19/20 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gophers taking down Purdue in West Lafayette.

Destiny Pitts who?

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/19/20 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#22 Iowa trails Badgers by 15 at the half. Do the Hawkeyes have another big second half road run in their tank.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/19/20 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LSU downs #15 Kentucky in Baton Rouge.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/19/20 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa come back to lead Wisconsin 62-61 heading into the fourth quarter.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/19/20 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Destiny Pitts who?

NoDakSt wrote:
LSU downs #15 Kentucky in Baton Rouge.

NoDakSt wrote:
#22 Iowa trails Badgers by 15 at the half. Do the Hawkeyes have another big second half road run in their tank.

Topsy-Turvy Day....even out west, the (ranked!) AZ schools are trailing their respective WA schools as I write this. Razz Laughing

PostPosted: 01/19/20 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really good game with Stanford/Oregon State right now.

58-55 Stanford with 2:30 left.

Though I think Haley Jones went out with an injury and I don't see her on the bench anymore. So fingers crossed for her.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/19/20 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ashten Prechtal is winning the battle of the Baby Posts over Brown and Jones.

osubeavers

PostPosted: 01/19/20 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford wins 61-58.

That was a drag but all credit to Tara and Stanford for bringing it when it counted.

PostPosted: 01/19/20 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Destiny Pitts who?

Not-very-good Minnesota creams Purdue on our home court. At least with every loss I can dream of getting closer to a new coach.

If Versyp is retained for next year, I might be done.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/19/20 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan leads Nebraska 34-28 at halftime. Kayla Robbins had a knee give out (no contact) early in the game, and she went straight to the locker room. Akrienreh Johnson, her fellow senior, has picked up with 11 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists.

ucbart

PostPosted: 01/19/20 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

Though I think Haley Jones went out with an injury and I don't see her on the bench anymore. So fingers crossed for her.

Any word on Haley Jones? Twitter is saying she came back to the bench on crutches with her knee wrapped in ice.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/19/20 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan’s lead has reduced to 1 point at the end of 3Q, 49-48. Whitish Leads all with 17.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/19/20 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU took out their assorted frustrations (Kayla Cooper-Williams' injury, the stinging loss to Towson, etc) on College of Charleston this afternoon by beating the cellar dwellers 87-53. Freshman G Kiki Jefferson had double double with 21 points and 12 rebounds, and the team shot a season-high 16 3-pointers. Freshman Rayne Tucker, who comes off the bench, had a personal best 5 blocks. That kid is shaping up to be something.

PostPosted: 01/19/20 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thoughts on OrSU v Stanford

The refs definitely 'let them play'. Cheryl Flores one of my least favorite refs for her inconsistency and together with Pantoja meant pretty much lack of control. OrSU fans thought that favored Stanford but I think there were some pretty rough calls/non-calls both ways. Pivec is used to getting more calls but she actually fouls quite a lot herself.

Losing Haley Jones is huge... knee injury but we won't know for a few days how serious. There goes our guard rotation. It already took a hit with the absence of Carrington but this is pretty much a killer.

Kiana Williams finally starting to play like the stud she was last year.
Slocum has also come nicely alive as the season progresses.

Scottie needs to get Kennedy Brown under control in terms of shot selection. A post shooting at volume under 25% from three is just 'no'! It generally means there's less chance for a rebound so is the same as a TO. Same reason I cringe when Fingall is out there hoisting but she at least doesn't shoot as many of them.

Mixed feelings on Prechtal. She did some nice things but down the stretch seemed to be short arming everything, even the bunnies under the basket. I would have preferred a little more seniority on the floor at the end of the game, especially since she's hopeless from the FT line. Fortunately OrSU didn't take advantage of that.

We fouled a three shooter. Not once, but twice. Aargh. One of the most basic no-nos!

So we survived a trip to Oregon 1-1. Phew! About as good as we could hope for really. Unfortunately we have to play both of them again. When Oregon is 'on' I think they're pretty much unbeatable. But as we have seen they can screw up on the road.

At least we get the 'bottom' teams the next couple of weeks so if Jones' injury isn't too bad maybe she can get back before we hit more meat in the schedule.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/19/20 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Any word on Haley Jones? Twitter is saying she came back to the bench on crutches with her knee wrapped in ice.

correct. all I hear is tests when they get back to the Bay. It wasn't obvious from the way she fell. You know sometimes with the three letter thing you can see in the fall the leg shoot out sideways. This was more of a crumpling after contact with Pivec. So there is hope it's not too serious. We desperately need her contribution on this team.

- Amanda Gorman
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 01/19/20 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ucbart wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

correct. all I hear is tests when they get back to the Bay. It wasn't obvious from the way she fell. You know sometimes with the three letter thing you can see in the fall the leg shoot out sideways. This was more of a crumpling after contact with Pivec. So there is hope it's not too serious. We desperately need her contribution on this team.

I hope it's nothing too serious. She's been one of my favorite freshman to watch.

Any news on why Belibi didn't play?

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/19/20 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:

Good question. She's not been playing a lot of minutes, but has actually started quite a few games lately...so I'm assuming a little flu or perhaps slight injury but I don't know anything and haven't heard anything.

- Amanda Gorman
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/19/20 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nebraska ended up beating Michigan in the final seconds.

NDSU, after a mid week shellacking by the Yotes picked up their first conference win of the season beating the F'Hawkers from und.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/19/20 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette bounced back from their close loss at Butler Friday to easily win at Xavier today 80-60 in a game they led 23-4 after the first quarter. And might I add Xavier was picked to finish 8th and MU 9th in the BE preseason coaches poll - I'm still a little mad about that but I guess MU showed what they thought of that in today's game Smile.

The middle of the BE is bunched up as I thought it would be - DePaul is alone in first at 7-0 with Xavier and Georgetown in 8th and 9th at 1-6 and Providence 10th at 0-7. The fun is the teams 2nd-7th - Villanova is 2nd for now at 5-2, then St. John's and Seton Hall at 5-3 and Marquette, Butler and Creighton at 4-3. Seton Hall and St. John's face each other this upcoming weekend and will be the last two teams to have the first round of the one game weekend versus their travel partner.

Big stretch coming up for Marquette as they need to take advantage of 4 straight home games - Villanova, Georgetown, Providence and Creighton.

Richard 77

PostPosted: 01/19/20 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa defeated Wisconsin 85-78. Though I try to keep up as much as possible, the last three coaches really haven't inspired me to continue following the program. They just don't seem to get the recruits necessary to compete at the upper level of the Big Ten Conference. I really don't know what Wisconsin has to do to improve.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
CompSci87

PostPosted: 01/20/20 2:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Good question. She's not been playing a lot of minutes, but has actually started quite a few games lately...so I'm assuming a little flu or perhaps slight injury but I don't know anything and haven't heard anything.

A paragraph in the middle of ESPN's game story says sprained ankle.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 01/20/20 4:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ND shocks Miami by not only beating them, but beating them by 23 points! ND won 76-53. Brunelle was 3-5 from 3 point range and Walker was 4-5 from behind the arc. ND could definitely have used that outside shooting in various other games this year, but at least they seem to have found their shot in this game. Hopefully Brunelle has figured out her timing issues for her shooting (She admitted a week or so ago that she had been rushing her shot and was working on correcting that).

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/20/20 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CompSci87 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

A paragraph in the middle of ESPN's game story says sprained ankle.

Have you heard anything about Di or Dodson?

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: