RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Undefeated & Winless
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taropatch

PostPosted: 01/05/20 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm impressed with UCLA's speed and am a believer now. Let's see how they do against Oregon. Scratch Arizona from the undefeated list.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 01/05/20 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hartford nearly got off the winless list, but lost on a bucket with 4 seconds remaining to New Hampshire. The search continues for the elusive win.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 01/05/20 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Weekend Update #notSNL

Removed undefeateds -
Arizona - lost to UCLA
Kansas - lost to Oklahoma State

Removed winless vs DI -
Arkansas-Pine Bluff - defeated Mississippi Valley State
Grambling - defeated Alabama A&M

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 01/05/20 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
I'm impressed with UCLA's speed and am a believer now. Let's see how they do against Oregon. Scratch Arizona from the undefeated list.

UCLA's opponents are seemingly making the strategic choice to just let the Bruins crank wide open jacks from the arc basically whenever they want to, as often as they want to. And the Bruins have a lottttt of players who are willing to accept that invitation. When those shots don't fall, it can be hard for UCLA to adjust and not simply take what they're being offered. But when those shots ARE falling-- in conjunction with UCLA's transition prowess and defensive speed-- the Bruins can make their opponents look stupid.

Phil

PostPosted: 01/09/20 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hardly a surprise that UConn bit the dust, but a little more surprising that unrhymed North Carolina took down previously undefeated NC State.

Has anyone kept track of how many of the undefeated lost that status to an unranked team?

taropatch

PostPosted: 01/10/20 1:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So we have two remaining undefeated teams, both from the #1 conference in the land. Oregon State begins a brutal stretch of games beginning with a trip to the Arizona Wildcats tomorrow. Bruins finish January against the "lower half" of the PAC-12 and their tougher slate of games doesn't begin until January 31. With that said, UCLA should more likely be the last to fall from the undefeated's

Shades

PostPosted: 01/10/20 8:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They’re falling so fast, dinkytown can’t keep up.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 01/10/20 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
Has anyone kept track of how many of the undefeated lost that status to an unranked team?

This sounded like a fun research project. I went in guessing about 90% of teams took their first loss to an unranked opponent. Turns out I overestimated...

There are 351 teams in D-I. Two are still undefeated. I found 67 whose first loss was to a ranked (at the time) opponent. That leaves 282 teams who lost their undefeated status to an unranked team, slightly over 80% of D-I.

The ones that lost to a ranked opponent first:

PostPosted: 01/10/20 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pilight = Mind Boggled. Shocked

( I take it you ARE doing fine these days! Very Happy )

PostPosted: 01/10/20 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Removed undefeateds -
Connecticut - lost to Baylor
NC State - lost to North Carolina

Removed winless vs DI -
Southern - defeated Prairie View

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/10/20 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would have given you money odds against OrSU and UCLA being the last two undefeateds...even just a month ago.

- Amanda Gorman
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 01/10/20 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I would have given you money odds against OrSU and UCLA being the last two undefeateds...even just a month ago.

Crazy world.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 01/12/20 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon State lost at Arizona State. UCLA is the last undefeated!

Sacramento State defeated Weber State for their first D-I win.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 01/13/20 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Florida A&M defeated winless Coppin State for their first DI win.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/14/20 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. Just looked at their schedule. UCLA really benefits from its P12 schedule. They could stay undefeated for three more weeks! Then the shit hits the fan with at Arizona schools, Oregon schools, and at Bay Area schools for three weeks in a row. Still they only play Ore, OrSU, and Stanford once! Fabulous schedule.

- Amanda Gorman
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 01/14/20 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Wow. Just looked at their schedule. UCLA really benefits from its P12 schedule. They could stay undefeated for three more weeks! Then the shit hits the fan with at Arizona schools, Oregon schools, and at Bay Area schools for three weeks in a row. Still they only play Ore, OrSU, and Stanford once! Fabulous schedule.

The P12 schedule rotation has jobbed the Bruins over plenty in previous years, but this season's schedule definitely plays to UCLA's benefit (relatively-speaking). They've got an excellent opportunity in front of them.

Also, I wanna say-- as one of the very-few Bruin honks on this board-- that I'm very much enjoying the ride, and I look forward to my team continuing to just plug away at this. And whenever it is that my Bruins do lose (because, no, they're of course not gonna be running the table), please consider this my pre-emptive request that RebKell posters refrain from spiking the ball on UCLA (a la, "ha ha Bruins, where's your big talk now, you've been expozzzzzzzed!!!"), 'cause after all, we Bruin fans aren't out there doing tons of ball-spiking right now. We're just being quietly happy and taking what we can get.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/14/20 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
myrtle wrote:

The P12 schedule rotation has jobbed the Bruins over plenty in previous years, but this season's schedule definitely plays to UCLA's benefit (relatively-speaking). They've got an excellent opportunity in front of them.

Also, I wanna say-- as one of the very-few Bruin honks on this board-- that I'm very much enjoying the ride, and I look forward to my team continuing to just plug away at this. And whenever it is that my Bruins do lose (because, no, they're of course not gonna be running the table), please consider this my pre-emptive request that RebKell posters refrain from spiking the ball on UCLA (a la, "ha ha Bruins, where's your big talk now, you've been expozzzzzzzed!!!"), 'cause after all, we Bruin fans aren't out there doing tons of ball-spiking right now. We're just being quietly happy and taking what we can get.

and you deserve it too! Enjoy the ride and make us proud in the NCAAs too.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 01/14/20 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
....'cause after all, we Bruin fans aren't out there doing tons of ball-spiking right now. We're just being quietly happy and taking what we can get.

....now if ONLY those obstreperous STANFORD fanz would be as mannerly as the UCLA folks!

By the way, where ARE all the Stanford fans??? There usta be a good handful of 'em..... Shocked

PostPosted: 01/14/20 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charleston Southern knocked UNC Asheville out of a first place tie in the Big South for their first DI win!

taropatch

PostPosted: 01/18/20 1:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And down goes UCLA. Thought they would outquick Southern Cal, but no.
70 - 68 double OT. USC had 22 turnovers to the Bruins 9, but the Bruins missed 61 shots from the field.

Phil

PostPosted: 01/18/20 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I'll take "predictions that didn't stand up well for $600, Alex"

(Sorry Myrtle, couldn't resist - it really did look like a valid prediction.)

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/18/20 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I'll take "predictions that didn't stand up well for $600, Alex"

(Sorry Myrtle, couldn't resist - it really did look like a valid prediction.)

UCLA didn't have their best player available to play. When that happens, all bets are off. Very Happy

- Amanda Gorman
Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 01/18/20 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So are their no more undefeated teams? Maybe this thread should be re-named to "One And Wons and Winless".....otherwise its a dead thread, Fred....

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 02/10/20 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coppin State finally got a W - they beat Maryland Eastern Shore 66-63.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 02/10/20 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
Coppin State finally got a W - they beat Maryland Eastern Shore 66-63.

Tennessee State beat Murray State this weekend too for their first D-I win.

Hartford is all that is left!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: