RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Abby Huntsman Leaving 'The View' to run father's Campaign

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 01/13/20 11:36 am    ::: Abby Huntsman Leaving 'The View' to run father's Campaign Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Abby Huntsman announced that she's leaving "The View" to help run her father Jon Huntsman Jr.'s campaign for governor of Utah.

The 33 year-old daughter of the former U.S. Ambassador to Russia and former governor of Utah shared the news Monday morning.

Along with spending more time with her family, Huntsman will be the senior advisor to her father's campaign. With her father's run for governor already in full swing, Huntsman's final appearance co-hosting "The View" is Friday, Jan. 17.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/abby-huntsman-departing-view-run-fathers-utah-governor/story?id=68245832

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G-RKRRslvGg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/G-RKRRslvGg

Last edited by Genero36 on 01/13/20 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 01/13/20 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Please let them make Ana Navarro a full-time cohost!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Genero36

PostPosted: 01/13/20 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Please let them make Ana Navarro a full-time cohost!

...And get rid of that other one.

PostPosted: 01/14/20 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
[This is] the most iconic show I think on television and the smartest women that I've ever worked with. But today I'm saying goodbye," she told viewers, explaining that she's joining father Jon Huntsman's Utah gubernatorial campaign in a senior role.

But helping her dad isn't the real reason she's leaving "The View," alleges a new report from Page Six. "It's an unhealthy environment -- just the way that things are handled during shows and how people deal with each other. It's intense," a source told Page Six.

Quote:
Abby talked to execs about what was going on, Page Six reports. "Abby made an issue [to executives] about the overall environment. She's felt for a while that things had to change," the first source said, adding that co-host Whoopi Goldberg has also complained about the situation.

Ongoing tensions with panelist Meghan McCain are said to be a reason behind Abby's exit too, though the network's behavior is also to blame, the first source told Page Six. "ABC treated Abby like s---, but everyone on the show gets treated like s---," the first source said. "She was smart enough to do something about it."

Quote:
According to a source who spoke to CNN Business, "Abby was sick of being berated by Meghan for perceived slights. She ultimately decided she didn't need this job and it wasn't worth it."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/toxic-environment-is-real-reason-abby-huntsman-is-leaving-the-view-report/ar-BBYX7sa?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

PostPosted: 01/14/20 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/toxic-environment-is-real-reason-abby-huntsman-is-leaving-the-view-report/ar-BBYX7sa?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

Honestly none of the content in this article is particularly surprising; I can absolutely believe there’s a toxic work environment and McCain is a heavy contributor to it. But imo she can’t possibly be that good for ratings... why on earth do the producers keep her around?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/14/20 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess we can rule Yvette Nicole Brown out with regards to who might get that open spot Sad https://twitter.com/YNB/status/1216830229672366081

toad455

PostPosted: 01/14/20 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

Honestly none of the content in this article is particularly surprising; I can absolutely believe there’s a toxic work environment and McCain is a heavy contributor to it. But imo she can’t possibly be that good for ratings... why on earth do the producers keep her around?

that also means she won't return after the election. The likely choice would be Navarro and make her full-time. McCain would hate this, but it is what it is.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/15/20 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

that also means she won't return after the election. The likely choice would be Navarro and make her full-time. McCain would hate this but it is what it is.

I'm skeptical Navarro would ever be on there full-time, since she's still mostly based in, and professes her love for her hometown of, Miami. Tara Setmayer would be my next choice but I believe she's based in DC. I'm lukewarm about Bari Weiss, plus she probably wouldn't have time to do both The View and be with the New York Times. So my guess is they pick someone else who has never been even a guest cohost.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/15/20 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Abby was a surprise hiring, not having co-hosted previously on the show. They'll probably look for another conservative, though probably not another Meghan type, someone who's closer to being a moderate conservative instead.

Genero36

PostPosted: 01/16/20 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7qZBC1dExzQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qZBC1dExzQ

PostPosted: 01/19/20 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

S. E. Cupp is reportedly in talks to be Abby's replacement. Let's see how frequently she guest co-host in the next few weeks.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/19/20 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That kid is one of my FAVE gifs to use in texts.

PostPosted: 01/20/20 1:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
S. E. Cupp is reportedly in talks to be Abby's replacement. Let's see how frequently she guest co-host in the next few weeks.

Oh f*** that, why does it need to be another Meghan McCain ally? Any good point Cupp makes about anything (and I have seen her make good arguments about things before; I'll give her that) always gets overshadowed by her need to feel like a know-it-all within her pretentious tone of voice and her faux-nerd get-up with that ridiculous hair & glasses combination. Imagining her on The View is cringe-worthy in & of itself, and her regular presence would absolutely guarantee that any behind-the-scenes turmoil that's going on now is only going to get worse. Evil or Very Mad

I still miss the cast when Jedediah Bila and Sara Haines were both there. There was a true balance between good, smart, dumb, and ugly segments, and most importantly no one kept giving out the same stupid opinions or throwing the same goddamn temper tantrum every other topic. Rolling Eyes

toad455

PostPosted: 01/20/20 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Oh f*** that, why does it need to be another Meghan McCain ally? Any good point Cupp makes about anything (and I have seen her make good arguments about things before; I'll give her that) always gets overshadowed by her need to feel like a know-it-all within her pretentious tone of voice and her faux-nerd get-up with that ridiculous hair & glasses combination. Imagining her on The View is cringe-worthy in & of itself, and her regular presence would absolutely guarantee that any behind-the-scenes turmoil that's going on now is only going to get worse. Evil or Very Mad

I still miss the cast when Jedediah Bila and Sara Haines were both there. There was a true balance between good, smart, dumb, and ugly segments, and most importantly no one kept giving out the same stupid opinions or throwing the same goddamn temper tantrum every other topic. Rolling Eyes

yeah, it's odd that at the time I wasn't a big fan of hers, but the fact they fired her when McCain became available is unsettling.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: