RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Other games 1/9-1/12
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/12/20 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Andy Landers calls Ruthie Hebard "Ruthie Bolten"
Slight regress.

- Amanda Gorman
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/12/20 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

St. John’s leads DePaul in Chicago 61-59 with just under 5 minutes to go in the game. It’s on FS1.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/12/20 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Texas leading WVU by one after 3, but Mountaineers come out with 5 quick pts in Q4.

PostPosted: 01/12/20 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tarheels giving FL-St. all it can handle: 42-42 in the 3rd.

PostPosted: 01/12/20 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU loses on the road at Towson, 76-75. Started out behind, which seems to be becoming a bad habit for this outfit. Don't have a stat sheet yet.

PostPosted: 01/12/20 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
In the first half
Maryland shredding Michigan

Past tense: Maryland shredded Michigan, mainly by finally figuring out how to put the ball in the basket. Went 10-21 on three-pointers led by Blair Watson’s 6-10.

S. Austin a non-factor: played only 9 minutes or so, and still managed to foul out in the 4th Q.

Surprisingly enough, K. Charles also a non-factor: held to 4 pts.

Owusu and Diamond Miller provided significant spark early on.

Maybe it’s time for the Terps to go small for a while: more passing, way less dribbling, more movement off the ball, etc.

taropatch

PostPosted: 01/12/20 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A brutal pounding for Muffet, 90-56 as the NC-State romps over ND.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 01/12/20 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

South Carolina playing at Vanderbilt. The Commodores closed to 27-24 Gamecocks midway through the 2nd Period, but USC went on a 11-0 run to end the half up 38-24, and are out-scoring Vandy 27-6 with 3 minutes left to play in the 3rd Period.....

43-8 South Carolina now since the score was 27-24......

I was thinking that this game was going to break USC's streak of opening the SEC schedule scoring 90+ pts in each game to 3 games, but Gamecocks want to keep it going. USC has never opened SEC play before scoring 90+ pts/gm for 2 gms in a row, so they are in unprecedented territory. I don't know if ANY SEC team has ever opened SEC play scoring 90+ pts/gm in its first 3 games....

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/12/20 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Muffet McGraw cries during press conference after NC State loss:

https://twitter.com/AdamDerWSBT/status/1216508520532672514
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 01/12/20 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Yikes Shocked

Watching that made me a little uncomfortable

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 01/12/20 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Wow, and she looked like she was about to burst out or had been crying just before, in her post-game presser after the Clemson loss. Its been a very rough season for Muffet, but its just one season. Use it as a stepping stone, not as a burden on your back. The worse this season gets, just makes the prospects for the future that much better!

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 01/12/20 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
South Carolina playing at Vanderbilt. The Commodores closed to 27-24 Gamecocks midway through the 2nd Period, but USC went on a 11-0 run to end the half up 38-24, and are out-scoring Vandy 27-6 with 3 minutes left to play in the 3rd Period.....

43-8 South Carolina now since the score was 27-24......

I was thinking that this game was going to break USC's streak of opening the SEC schedule scoring 90+ pts in each game to 3 games, but Gamecocks want to keep it going. USC has never opened SEC play before scoring 90+ pts/gm for 2 gms in a row, so they are in unprecedented territory. I don't know if ANY SEC team has ever opened SEC play scoring 90+ pts/gm in its first 3 games....

South Carolina wins at Vanderbilt 93-57, and keep their run of 90+ games to start SEC play alive, now at 4 and counting......

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/12/20 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Wow, and she looked like she was about to burst out or had been crying just before, in her post-game presser after the Clemson loss. Its been a very rough season for Muffet, but its just one season. Use it as a stepping stone, not as a burden on your back. The worse this season gets, just makes the prospects for the future that much better!

You're right. She's got to man up.
CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 01/12/20 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal doing much better today. Stanford up 36-29 at half.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/12/20 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice weekend for Marquette as they sweep at home beating Seton Hall 81-60. Marquette Freshman post player Camryn Taylor had her first career double-double with a career high 23 points and added 11 rebounds. I'd like to see her playing time continue to increase - lover her potential...

osubeavers

PostPosted: 01/12/20 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

osubeavers wrote:
I think uo will reboot their OS and crush UA today. Simple as that.

OSU and ASU will be a dogfight. OSU has extra motivation (aside from potential #1 ranking) having lost 3 straight to Charli’s Devils. OSU will get the road W and Destiny will get her first W vs ASU as a Beav.

Good thing I never bet on sports. Hats off to CTT and her team. Heck of a weekend for them.

PostPosted: 01/12/20 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

You're right. She's got to man up.

BadbadBAD! Razz

I'd hope she'd find a way to not take it quite so personally. She's certainly couldn't have expected to beat NC-state....she's had 'down' years before, and should remember: A. It really IS just a game, and B. it'll get better.

Maybe the coaches from Coppin State and Chicago State could take her out for lunch.... Shocked

PostPosted: 01/13/20 3:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

it made me sad......as much as I thought somebody was underhanded about that senior transfer a couple of yrs ago, I would never wish this terrible season on ND....never.....I hope they respond in a good way with some good wins....

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/13/20 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
it made me sad......as much as I thought somebody was underhanded about that senior transfer a couple of yrs ago, I would never wish this terrible season on ND....never.....I hope they respond in a good way with some good wins....

agree. It's like the roof just fell in. I have no doubt they will be back. Likely not so much this year but within the next couple. We all know she's a very good coach. The fall has been drastic but when you lose that much, everyone would have expected it if it had happened to a 'lesser' program.

- Amanda Gorman
root_thing

PostPosted: 01/13/20 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm generally a Muffet fan, and I'm sympathetic to her situation. However, she's in a leadership position. How are her players supposed to feel when they see their coach crying and telling the press that their prospects for the season are dim (which she stated after a previous loss)? She needs to compose herself and be more positive in public for the sake of her players.

PostPosted: 01/13/20 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
I'm generally a Muffet fan, and I'm sympathetic to her situation. However, she's in a leadership position. How are her players supposed to feel when they see their coach crying and telling the press that their prospects for the season are dim (which she stated after a previous loss)? She needs to compose herself and be more positive in public for the sake of her players.

Valid point; I'm thinking it also may translate to the kids as "You've really let me down."

PostPosted: 01/14/20 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
root_thing wrote:

Valid point; I'm thinking it also may translate to the kids as "You've really let me down."

Pretty sure that's how I would have taken it. But what will be the response. I know in the past she's said things that sounded like 'they won't listen to me...or do what I tell them to do' But maybe they're just not capable of doing what she tells them to do.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: