RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2020 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/05/20 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey I’m not sure if we’re that sold on #2 neither. I’d hope it’s the 2nd 1st rd pick but crazier things have happened . I do agree with shades or w/e about Thornton. She’s on track to be the next Alana Beard in my eyes. Future DPOY . I’ve been saying all along Gray , Diggins , Davis are all expendable. If it is Diggins and it’s starting to seem more likely than not I’d assume it’s to a Big city or possibly Indiana.

PostPosted: 01/05/20 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thibault got stuck covering the South Carolina game.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
UK1996

PostPosted: 01/05/20 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has anyone watched Taylor Koenen from North Carolina? I havent but I was looking at her stats. On paper she seems like she might be a decent 2nd or 3rd round pick for a team needing a SF. I’m

PostPosted: 01/05/20 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
No way Storm are giving up Howard. They don’t want to win anymore? Did they hire Reeve as GM?

For the record, I agree it'd be a foolish move, but at least we wouldn't only be getting back a 2nd-round pick. Only a rebuilding team that wants to sell high on its assets for young pieces would willingly trade away its best player, which is a risky strategy on its own. No, the only reason this front office would trade Howard is if Valavanis is convinced Howard will be prone to more PR nightmares in the future (whether it’s actually Howard’s fault or not) & becomes obsessed with avoiding any more scandals. Again, not saying it’d be a good idea, but I wouldn't blame her a whole lot (it'd be within my risk-averse nature to understand that point of view), and stranger/more lopsided deals in this league have happened...

...and like I said, I’d be curious about what such a deal would look like. Howard for #2 + Stevens & Gray. We can do a complementary deal of KML (and her guaranteed contract) for Kaela Davis (and her waive-able rookie contract). I'm only half-trolling Wink

Switching gears completely by going back to draft prospects, I talked a bit earlier about the Big Two from Wazzu (WSU), Hristova & Molina. Well they both had big weekends individually in the Bay Area, despite going 1-1. Hristova went 8-16 (1-3 3PT) for 21 points at Stanford, and then 10-16 (1-2 3PT) for 27 points at Cal, in which this happened. Molina went 11-16 (5-8 3PT) for 27 points at Stanford, and then 12-16 (2-4 3PT) for 28 points at Cal. With their numbers and having seen them play, I really think Molina in particular would be a 2nd-round steal for any team (I could even see Miller with his affinity for Pac-12 players grabbing her at #11 since he also has #10, or Thibault working his magic at #12 since he has drafted a WSU player before), but both should absolutely be on people's radars as legit prospects. If their team were better, they would be.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/07/20 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="J-Spoon"]That is why it is a hard trade to figure out

combining need, the fact that Dallas is kind of deep and will already have the #2 pick to add and figuring out what the #9 pick in a meh draft is worth (assuming it is #9 that gets traded) it is hard to see the right trade and trade partner

#9 for Stokes?
#9 and Harris or Anigwe for K. Brown?[/quote

WOW, you think Kalani Brown is worth that much???

Shades

PostPosted: 01/07/20 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
Has anyone watched Taylor Koenen from North Carolina? I havent but I was looking at her stats. On paper she seems like she might be a decent 2nd or 3rd round pick for a team needing a SF.

This isn’t 2007 anymore where any college player has a shot. I say this as a Minnesota homer, no way is Koenen a prospect.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/07/20 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
That is why it is a hard trade to figure out

combining need, the fact that Dallas is kind of deep and will already have the #2 pick to add and figuring out what the #9 pick in a meh draft is worth (assuming it is #9 that gets traded) it is hard to see the right trade and trade partner

#9 for Stokes?
#9 and Harris or Anigwe for K. Brown?

They could have drafted Brown and probably should have done so, especially if they’re staying with Diggins. Like I keep reiterating, physical 6’7 talent doesn’t come around very often. Guards are always abundant.

I’m lost on why Spooner is hellbent on trading #9. Dallas might as well keep it and hope for a magic bullet.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/07/20 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

#9 for Stokes?

They could have drafted Brown and probably should have done so, especially if they’re staying with Diggins. Like I keep reiterating, physical 6’7 talent doesn’t come around very often. Guards are always abundant.

I’m lost on why Spooner is hellbent on trading #9. Dallas might as well keep it and hope for a magic bullet.

I agree with the following statements ☝️

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/07/20 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Shades wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

#9 for Stokes?

I agree with the following statements ☝️

It is based on the teaser someone threw out that Dallas might only have one first round pick. Implying that Dallas was going to trade one of it's picks. I am simply trying to figure out the clue, or continuing the discussion created on a discussion board.

Last edited by J-Spoon on 01/07/20 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/07/20 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Something seems to be cooking in Dallas and it doesn't smell like Texas BBQ.

****Spicy spicyyyyyyyy Laughing Laughing ***

WNBA 09 wrote:
So we may only end up
With 1 first rd pick and I’m for it!! Go Bibby work your magic!!

Surprised I love it when The First Teaser Of Real News begins and begins early like this - that means offseason moves are upon us!! And you support this potential one? Interesting... annnnnnything else you or anyone else can tell those of us outside the circle such as, idk, specifying which pick? Twisted Evil

this

toad455

PostPosted: 01/07/20 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I only see them giving up the #2 is if Diggins does leave/get traded and they know Chennedy Carter is entering. Though taking Carter over Cox & Sabally is a major risk.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 01/07/20 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arike is a much more proven player than Carter, and they need help up front so I don't see why Carter would be of that much interest to them. It does look like Diggins bought herself a ticket out of town with her recent tweet. She may not have meant to do that but it looks like that is where things are headed.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 01/07/20 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Arike is a much more proven player than Carter, and they need help up front so I don't see why Carter would be of that much interest to them. It does look like Diggins bought herself a ticket out of town with her recent tweet. She may not have meant to do that but it looks like that is where things are headed.

I must’ve missed it. What did she tweet?

Randy

PostPosted: 01/07/20 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Randy wrote:

It was something like this: "It is unfortunate when your organization does not support you." This was after they paid her full salary (2x what is required by the CBA for pregnancy leave) last season while she sat on the bench. This started it all. I think if you look in the Dallas thread you can get more discussion, reaction about it.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 01/07/20 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Randy wrote:

It was something like this: "It is unfortunate when your organization does not support you." This was after they paid her full salary (2x what is required by the CBA for pregnancy leave) last season while she sat on the bench. This started it all. I think if you look in the Dallas thread you can get more discussion, reaction about it.

Oh I remember this! I was thinking she said something in addition to that Laughing Either way, it wouldn’t shock me if she played elsewhere next year. If Dallas can swing a good return for her, it might not be the worst idea.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/07/20 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

WNBA 09 wrote:
So we may only end up

Surprised I love it when The First Teaser Of Real News begins and begins early like this - that means offseason moves are upon us!! And you support this potential one? Interesting... annnnnnything else you or anyone else can tell those of us outside the circle such as, idk, specifying which pick? Twisted Evil

this

Spooner, we don’t even have a CBA yet. We don’t know who will be a true free agent or not. Any “real news” at this point is nothing more than speculation.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/07/20 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Randy wrote:

Yep, she tweeted that back in mid-October, and that's mostly where the presumptive speculation about Diggins-Smith leaving Dallas originated from. Hasn't really addressed her quips with the Wings organization since. Here are the tweets:

https://twitter.com/SkyDigg4/status/1185339648748470273
https://twitter.com/SkyDigg4/status/1185597286589575169
https://twitter.com/SkyDigg4/status/1185598787177373697

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/07/20 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

WNBA 09 wrote:
So we may only end up

this

Spooner, we don’t even have a CBA yet. We don’t know who will be a true free agent or not. Any “real news” at this point is nothing more than speculation.

It doesn't mean I can't pass the time by playing what was supposed to be a fun guessing game. (the hints are coming from sources that seem to know what's up so there must be some chatter).

ClayK

PostPosted: 01/08/20 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Based on rumors, etc., there's a feeling that Ogunbowale and Carter are both not particularly popular, and it may be people don't want to play with either one.

Which makes it interesting that they might be paired in the Dallas backcourt.

I have no sources, really, just idle conversation and jumping to conclusions, so feel free to discount this. But it's possible that personalities are affecting roster makeup.

PostPosted: 01/08/20 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Based on rumors, etc., there's a feeling that Ogunbowale and Carter are both not particularly popular, and it may be people don't want to play with either one.

Which makes it interesting that they might be paired in the Dallas backcourt.

I have no sources, really, just idle conversation and jumping to conclusions, so feel free to discount this. But it's possible that personalities are affecting roster makeup.

So will the mix like water and acid or acid and water? Could be an "explosive" combo for Dallas were to come to pass.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/08/20 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With or without Diggins-Smith on the roster, having both Carter and Ogunbowale on it makes little sense. Personalities aside, they now have similar games, with Ogunbowale's pro game of being a shoot-first-shoot-often CG now mirroring that of Carter's college game. They'd both just be too ball-dominant, undersized, and defensively deficient for it to work on the court. Add in the likeliness of them not getting along, and you'd basically have a rehashing of Diggins/Sims ("This town ain't big enough for the both of us"). The Dallas front office should have learned from that, if nothing else. No, I doubt they're dumb enough to take Carter at #2, or anywhere else.

willtalk

PostPosted: 01/09/20 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
With or without Diggins-Smith on the roster, having both Carter and Ogunbowale on it makes little sense. Personalities aside, they now have similar games, with Ogunbowale's pro game of being a shoot-first-shoot-often CG now mirroring that of Carter's college game. They'd both just be too ball-dominant, undersized, and defensively deficient for it to work on the court. Add in the likeliness of them not getting along, and you'd basically have a rehashing of Diggins/Sims ("This town ain't big enough for the both of us"). The Dallas front office should have learned from that, if nothing else. No, I doubt they're dumb enough to take Carter at #2, or anywhere else.

Still it would make for interesting games, watching two players on the same team attempting to steal the ball from each other during their offensive posssesions.

PostPosted: 01/09/20 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I’m a WNBA Gm I’m watching cooper outplay dangerfield at the moment. Tea Coopers game is made for the WNBA. Sort of like that Cubic Girl y’all remember?

PostPosted: 01/09/20 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
If I’m a WNBA Gm I’m watching cooper outplay dangerfield at the moment. Tea Coopers game is made for the WNBA. Sort of like that Cubic Girl y’all remember?

Dangerfield is very overrated, IMO.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/09/20 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Dangerfield is very overrated, IMO.

I actually thought she was pretty darn good. I still think she is , but I now believe Tea Cooper will be better at the next level.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 18 of 59

Jump to: