RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2020 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
root_thing

PostPosted: 12/31/19 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The problem with Johannes is that she probably won't show up on a consistent basis. France has been reliably a top European team, and most foreign players feel greater allegiance to their national team than to their WNBA team. At best, Marine will probably be here for most of the season every other year.

As far as Sabally/Ionescu goes, I can definitely see the argument. With Sabally, you can check all the boxes. With Ionescu, you can question her quickness while hoping she offsets it with smarts and skill. But my experience is that when you have a player that the whole world loves, you should just make the pick and not overthink it. You're probably not smarter than everyone else. I remember thinking Shaquille O'Neal was just a big lug and LeBron James was too much of a tweener. Very, very wrong! Laughing So, unless Sabrina expresses a desire to not play in NY AND Sabally comes out, I would still take Ionescu.

PostPosted: 12/31/19 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Poor Feinberg is getting attacked on Twitter by the duo of Barcoff and Payne. Neither idiot read the entire article to know this was a coaches poll and that Feinberg didn't do the mock.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 12/31/19 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
As a Lib fan, that Durr pick last year really messed with my head. She wasnt player I thought she would be.

That trust makes me concern of what Ionsescu will do in the W. Hopefully I'm wrong tho...

I’m not sure why. What does Ionescu have to do with Durr? Ionescu is the overwhelming consensus #1 pick, while Durr was anything but a consensus at #2. Who do you think should have been #2 last year, not using hindsight?

LibFan25 wrote:
Durr
Nurse
Sabally
Charles
Zahui b

Durr hasn’t been a PG and a conversion project likely wouldn’t be smooth.

LibFan25 wrote:

KiKi from USC I've been tryin to tell ya, she's good. I could definitely see Washington scooping her up

Not feeling it. Who’s spot would she take?

After the issues last season, I think Thibault will deepen the PG position. Whether he does it though free agency or the draft is hard to say at moment.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/31/19 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta or Seattle should give Kaila Charles a look in the 1st rd. Poor mans Swin Cash . Both teams could use more depth at the 3 as well .

PostPosted: 01/02/20 3:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Atlanta or Seattle should give Kaila Charles a look in the 1st rd. Poor mans Swin Cash . Both teams could use more depth at the 3 as well .

This year I'd honestly be happy with anyone, but I agree that Charles might be a good match for us at #7. Atlanta could do worse with Charles at #4, but I think their best hope is Chennedy Carter early-declaring and being available for them. Seems like a good fit imo...

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/02/20 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Atlanta could do worse with Charles at #4, but I think their best hope is Chennedy Carter early-declaring and being available for them. Seems like a good fit imo...

A 5-7 guard who is undersized for shooting guard, not a good enough ballhandler to play the point but also trigger happy with mixed results from three? Does Atlanta not have enough of those?

stever

PostPosted: 01/02/20 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.swishappeal.com/ncaa/2020/1/2/21039801/wnba-draft-2020-prospect-watch-beatrice-mompremier-miami-hurricanes

Quote:
It’s that first step, along with her length and persistence on the glass, that will be Mompremier’s calling card as a WNBA prospect. She’s currently posting a usage rate of 31.7 percent — which, on its own, should convey her value to the Hurricanes. However, it is unlikely that whichever team drafts Mompremier will run that much offense through her, at least initially.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/02/20 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
A 5-7 guard who is undersized for shooting guard, not a good enough ballhandler to play the point but also trigger happy with mixed results from three? Does Atlanta not have enough of those?

Well, Bentley's now off the books, and I highly doubt she gets brought back given how bad her numbers ended up being (though stranger things have happened). This is the last year of Montgomery's contract, and she certainly looked old last year, so her future to me is up in the air. And no matter how any of us sees how Carter's ballhandling is now (I don't find it to be a weakness of her game in & of itself, but we can agree to disagree), in all likelihood it'll improve over time. I have a hunch Carter will be developed more as a lead guard in the PG spot than just a pure SG. Their roster could use upgrades everywhere, but ultimately I think Dream fans would agree that they need more pure scoring talent. The offense was pitiful last year, and as we've seen at Texas A&M, Carter's talented enough to where a coach can really re-structure an entire offense around her (and at least Carter in theory would have more talent around her in the pros to work with).

If McCoughtry comes back, then maybe the conversation changes. Idk I can't describe it very well, but I just have a feeling the Dream would be making a mistake if they took one of the post players at #4.

Randy

PostPosted: 01/03/20 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just FYI - FSU v. Miami Sunday at 2 pm. It is on FSSO (or something like that), for anybody who might have that channel. Gillespie and Mompremier.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/03/20 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carter scored 28 pts, 7 reb, 3 ast against Arkansas last night under the watchful eye of Tamika Catchings, who was doing color commentary.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/03/20 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Carter scored 28 pts, 7 reb, 3 ast against Arkansas last night under the watchful eye of Tamika Catchings, who was doing color commentary.

Only if Cox and Sabally are both gone.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/03/20 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2020 Mock Draft: Big Board 4.0, coming into focus
Howard Megdal (High Post Hoops)

https://highposthoops.com/2020/01/03/2020-mock-draft-big-board-4-0-coming-into-focus/

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/03/20 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It really does look bleak.

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 01/03/20 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
It really does look bleak.

Only if no one declares early. Otherwise, someone like Dangerfield or Charles might be a lottery pick.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/04/20 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So we may only end up
With 1 first rd pick and I’m for it!! Go Bibby work your magic!!

PostPosted: 01/04/20 2:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Something seems to be cooking in Dallas and it doesn't smell like Texas BBQ.

****Spicy spicyyyyyyyy Laughing Laughing ***

WNBA 09 wrote:
So we may only end up

Surprised I love it when The First Teaser Of Real News begins and begins early like this - that means offseason moves are upon us!! And you support this potential one? Interesting... annnnnnything else you or anyone else can tell those of us outside the circle such as, idk, specifying which pick? Twisted Evil

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/04/20 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unfortunately No , the tad bit I got was a 1st rd pick was in the works. I’m guessing most likely our 2nd 1st rounder , but I cannot confirm. Hopefully more spills during the week!

PostPosted: 01/04/20 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The golden touch seems to be still working.
Te’a Cooper looking like Carter tonight against Oklahoma.
32 pts (14-22, 4-7 3P), 6 reb, 4 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk
... under the watchful eye of Dan Hughes.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/05/20 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
The golden touch seems to be still working.
Te’a Cooper looking like Carter tonight against Oklahoma.
32 pts (14-22, 4-7 3P), 6 reb, 4 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk
... under the watchful eye of Dan Hughes.

Cooper or even Landrum on the Storm? I'm not crazy about it, and I for one don't see much of a fit as it pertains to a CG with a baggage-filled history or an undersized streaky-shooting SG - although I'll keep an eye on how good their numbers are in conference play + beyond, since they've both started out pretty strong.

Or maybe he's doing some early scouting on Didi Richards for 2021, which I'd be down for.

Though here's a crazy thought: what if he was there scouting Cox? Shocked But the only way we'd be able to get her would be by trading something substantial for the #2 Pick... so I'm just gonna wonder out loud... how much would a Dallas team with a plethora of interesting pieces give up for a Natasha Howard that I'm skeptical will duplicate her MVP-type numbers next season with Stewart back in the fold? Though I'm certainly not saying it would be a good idea for Seattle to do that kind of deal, but because my team has three titles to its name, I suppose I'm afforded the privilege to feel morbidly curious about what that kind of deal would look like Cool Laughing
Cue the "this dumb idea is absolutely preposterous and never gonna happen" reactions lol I don't even care. Mr. Green

WNBA 09 wrote:
So we may only end up With 1 first rd pick

I mean, we don't even know what this means yet Twisted Evil
(why yes, I am bored and quite ready for the offseason to end, thank u for noticing)

Last edited by Stormeo on 01/05/20 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/05/20 1:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

WNBA 09 wrote:
So we may only end up

Surprised I love it when The First Teaser Of Real News begins and begins early like this - that means offseason moves are upon us!! And you support this potential one? Interesting... annnnnnything else you or anyone else can tell those of us outside the circle such as, idk, specifying which pick? Twisted Evil

Yeah trying to figure out this trade

I thought my idea of
Diggins-Smith and #9 (or maybe even #2 instead of #9) for N. Ogwumike
(includes Chiney retiring and Nneka secretly asking to be traded) was out there

but Stormeo's
#2 (and let's say Stevens and I don't know Gustafson?) for N. Howard puts mine to shame

trying to come up with something realistic and simple I got
#9 for Copper
(Chicago has big money on Sloot, Quigley. Lavender, Dolson and C. Parker and has N'Dour, Faulkner and Copper all coming up for raises, so maybe swapping Copper for a pick makes sense for Chicago, after that they have 10 players Sloot, Quigley, Faulkner, Deshields, KLS, Gabby, Lavender, N'Dour, Dolson and C. Parker and can round out there roster with picks 8 and 9. Copper could probably start at the 3 next to Diggins-Smith and Ogunbowale or come off the bench as a heavy rotation steadying presence with A. Gray and probably fits with what Agler likes to do).

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 01/05/20 1:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

WNBA 09 wrote:
So we may only end up

Yeah trying to figure out this trade

I thought my idea of

but Stormeo's
#2 (and let's say Stevens and I don't know Gustafson?) for N. Howard puts mine to shame

#9 for Copper
(Chicago has big money on Sloot, Quigley. Lavender, Dolson and C. Parker and has N'Dour, Faulkner and Copper all coming up for raises, so maybe swapping Copper for a pick makes sense for Chicago, after that they have 10 players Sloot, Quigley, Faulkner, Deshields, KLS, Gabby, Lavender, N'Dour, Dolson and C. Parker and can round out there roster with picks 8 and 9. Copper could probably start at the 3 next to Diggins-Smith and Ogunbowale or come off the bench as a heavy rotation steadying presence with A. Gray and probably fits with what Agler likes to do).

I'm not going to discourage your trade ideas but I believe Dallas already has plenty of players on their team that can do the same thing that Copper does every game. Smile

PostPosted: 01/05/20 6:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

I thought my idea of

Nneka won’t demand out of Sparks. She’s one of their steadiest players... plus she’s rested this season.

J-Spoon wrote:

No way Storm are giving up Howard. They don’t want to win anymore? Did they hire Reeve as GM?

J-Spoon wrote:
#9 for Copper

This might work for Chicago, but I have no clue why Dallas would do this. They’re overloaded at guard. At SF is Bibb’s favorite player and one of his best acquisitions, Thornton. She’s not going anywhere and definitely isn’t headed to the bench.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/05/20 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That is why it is a hard trade to figure out

combining need, the fact that Dallas is kind of deep and will already have the #2 pick to add and figuring out what the #9 pick in a meh draft is worth (assuming it is #9 that gets traded) it is hard to see the right trade and trade partner

#9 for Stokes?
#9 and Harris or Anigwe for K. Brown?

Randy

PostPosted: 01/05/20 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do you mean Harrison J-Spoon?

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/05/20 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Randy"]Do you mean Harrison

Yes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 17 of 59

Jump to: