RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

TCU at 25 Tex 1.3.20 7pE LHN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/03/20 7:12 pm    ::: TCU at 25 Tex 1.3.20 7pE LHN Reply Reply with quote

Tex with multiple missed chippies, and turnovers, early.

Typical. Laughing

Leads 9-6, 4:31

PostPosted: 01/03/20 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I knew the Stanford win was a fluke.

Joyner commits an incredibly stupid 2nd foul while dribbling along the arc and giving a forearm shove.

TCU leads 12-11 after 1. Yes, 12-11

PostPosted: 01/03/20 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

8-0 Horn run in a 23-11 3rd quarter, so far, leaves Texas down 7, 50-43, 1:18 left.

PostPosted: 01/03/20 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

omg. how did we lose to this team. they truly are terrible. they just do stupid things after stupid things.

- Amanda Gorman
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 01/03/20 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
omg. how did we lose to this team. they truly are terrible. they just do stupid things after stupid things.

it was a fluke among flukes. stanford HAS to be kicking themselves. Tex plays dumb dumb dumb.

PostPosted: 01/03/20 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LHs battle back to tie at 60-all, 1:36.

PostPosted: 01/03/20 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In my ESPN app, I click on a link to watch this one and then it tells me I don't have access to this content. And the watch link made me think I had access to the LHN - oh well Smile.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/03/20 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aston did a 'not quite' blowby handshake.

- Amanda Gorman
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 01/03/20 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TCU goes up 2 on a putback with 6 secs left, Tex calls time and executes a worthless attempt to tie as Sug dribbles into 3 defenders and stumbles/walks.

TCU gets its FIRST win in Austin, 65-63.

PostPosted: 01/03/20 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Were they same stupid things they did to beat Stanford? Shocked My point: Texas CAN do interesting things, but CAN'T duplicate it on a regular basis. Unfortunate.

In all fairness to TCU, they HAVE made significant improvements over the past few seasons. Nice to see them have a win over a 'ranked'(?) opponent.

PostPosted: 01/04/20 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats coach P!! #WFFL

PostPosted: 01/04/20 3:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

About even in FG% 35%, rebounds, and turnovers. The difference, TCU shot better at the charity stripe and TCU doesn't have Aston directing traffic.

Rewarded with a #25 ranking for upending Stanford -- easy come, easy go for the Longhorns. TCU isn't even in the "AP also getting votes" but that could change. They have one loss to Middle Tennessee and the other, a "good" loss to Texas A&M.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 01/04/20 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Were they same stupid things they did to beat Stanford? Shocked My point: Texas CAN do interesting things, but CAN'T duplicate it on a regular basis. Unfortunate.

In all fairness to TCU, they HAVE made significant improvements over the past few seasons. Nice to see them have a win over a 'ranked'(?) opponent.

And OUR point is that this is the MO of an Aston-led team and, ergo, she's not as good a coach as some of you think. Wink

PostPosted: 01/04/20 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:

And OUR point is that this is the MO of an Aston-led team and, ergo, she's not as good a coach as some of you think. Wink

....which illustrates the point that, since she beat The #1 Team (Stanford), she's also not as BAD a coach as 'some of you' think. That Logic Knife doth cut both ways. Wink Wink

PostPosted: 01/04/20 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It amuses me that so many people on this board expects imperfect people to be perfect all the time. Smile

PostPosted: 01/04/20 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:

....which illustrates the point that, since she beat The #1 Team (Stanford), she's also not as BAD a coach as 'some of you' think. That Logic Knife doth cut both ways. Wink Wink

Nah. Cool

Aston's a better recruiter of basketball players than she is a teacher of basketball players. Case closed.

PostPosted: 01/04/20 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Howee wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Nah. Cool

Aston's a better recruiter of basketball players than she is a teacher of basketball players. Case closed.

In your mind. Everyone has an opinion, and they're entitled to it. Doesn't make yours more right.

PostPosted: 01/04/20 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Howee wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Nah. Cool

In your mind. Everyone has an opinion, and they're entitled to it. Doesn't make yours more right.

Well, the simple truth is, any objective, sane person (which I do NOT claim to be Razz ) might fairly conclude that, given her strong recruiting, Texas' history/support/resources, she ought to have accomplished more. She's there almost 8 years now, and hasn't attained the winning consistency that could fairly be expected. But. She's not 'terrible'. [See: JPM]

PostPosted: 01/04/20 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor shooting 9% as OU jumps out 15-4.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/04/20 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kim has a come to Jesus meeting and Baylor ties it up.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/04/20 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Baylor shooting 9% as OU jumps out 15-4.

Ummm....wrong thread, not that it matters! Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: