RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Fire McCallie NOW
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 01/02/20 9:48 pm    ::: Fire McCallie NOW Reply Reply with quote

I am a UW/PAC 12 fan first and foremost, but I’d like to think I’m speaking for the entire WBB community when I say that woman is a blight on her program and is absolutely #1 on the list of coaches who should lose their job.

They just lost to friggin Wake Forest IN DURHAM. That’s not OK. Can we start a petition, or something?

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 01/03/20 1:09 am    ::: Re: Fire McCallie NOW Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
I am a UW/PAC 12 fan first and foremost, but I’d like to think I’m speaking for the entire WBB community when I say that woman is a blight on her program and is absolutely #1 on the list of coaches who should lose their job.

They just lost to friggin Wake Forest IN DURHAM. That’s not OK. Can we start a petition, or something?

Been saying this for 10 years. If anybody had listened, the program wouldn't have become this dumpster fire. 8 years of failing, former players publicly criticizing this coach and her contract got renewed AND increased. Duke disrespect of women athletes is shameful. I've been requesting support from the entire women's basketball community for years. It's about damn time y'all speak up for our sport and women athletes!!!!! (no respect intended for you, ginger - thanks for speaking up)

~rAf
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 01/03/20 5:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have never disagreed with your argument. Abby Waner was my favorite player in the country during her Sophomore year under Goestinkors. McCallie completely ruined her as a player the next year and I heve never forgiven her for that.

She's a terrible in-game coach, can't teach offense, and doesn't develop her players up to their pro potential (see: Jasmine Thomas, Karima Christmas-Kelly, probably Leaonna Odom). Do. Not. Like.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/03/20 10:59 am    ::: Re: Fire McCallie NOW Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:

She's a blight on WBB. Out with her!

PostPosted: 01/03/20 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
I have never disagreed with your argument. Abby Waner was my favorite player in the country during her Sophomore year under Goestinkors. McCallie completely ruined her as a player the next year and I heve never forgiven her for that.

She's a terrible in-game coach, can't teach offense, and doesn't develop her players up to their pro potential (see: Jasmine Thomas, Karima Christmas-Kelly, probably Leaonna Odom). Do. Not. Like.

She had Chelsea Gray and Elizabeth Williams on the same team in 2014. The rest of the starters were Tricia Liston, Alexis Jones, and Haley Peters. They were a #2 seed and lost in the 2nd round at home. She should've been fired for that.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 01/03/20 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
She had Chelsea Gray and Elizabeth Williams on the same team in 2014. The rest of the starters were Tricia Liston, Alexis Jones, and Haley Peters. They were a #2 seed and lost in the 2nd round at home. She should've been fired for that.

Gray and Jones were out with season-ending injuries though so that's probably not the best example.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/03/20 1:14 pm    ::: Re: Fire McCallie NOW Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:

Wake Forest is now Woke Forest. They don’t seem to be the bottom team this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if they can beat ND this year. Faint praise but still.

Duke was without Odom in this game, but I’m guessing you didn’t dig that deeply into it. Make hysterical post, ask questions later.

Should McGraw be fired? Not enough McDonald’s All Americans on that team to beat Clemson? There’s speculation that McGraw is nothing without Ivey.

Duke just now got Boykin back from injury. Once she gets up to speed and they get Odom back, I wouldn’t be surprised if Duke is on the uptrend this season. With the whole ACC conference floundering, anything could happen.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/03/20 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watching Duke in Las Vegas earlier this year, the team looked completely confused. It was as if they weren't just playing but rather trying to remember some choreography and they weren't doing it well. Everyone was reacting late. They finally pulled out the game in the 4th quarter thanks to some one-on-one play and a few key 3 pointers.

Perhaps you can blame that on the early season, but what I saw was some very confused, disinterested athletes. And I did think McCallie deserved much of the blame.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/03/20 3:15 pm    ::: Re: Fire McCallie NOW Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Duke was without Odom in this game, but I’m guessing you didn’t dig that deeply into it. Make hysterical post, ask questions later.

Should McGraw be fired? Not enough McDonald’s All Americans on that team to beat Clemson? There’s speculation that McGraw is nothing without Ivey.

Duke just now got Boykin back from injury. Once she gets up to speed and they get Odom back, I wouldn’t be surprised if Duke is on the uptrend this season. With the whole ACC conference floundering, anything could happen.

And I do not think you went digging that deep...

Kyra Lambert - MCDAA in hs, graduate student now, back to playing 30 mpg
Jade Williams - MCDAA in hs, junior
Haley Gorecki - Parade AA, IL POY in hs, graduate student now
Miela Goodchild - member of the Gems, AUS's junior national team

Those were four starters, with Odom out.

Wake Forest does not have talent at that level. Duke had not lost to Wake Forest in Durham since 1993.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 01/03/20 3:44 pm    ::: Re: Fire McCallie NOW Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Wake Forest is now Woke Forest. They don’t seem to be the bottom team this year. I wouldn’t be surprised if they can beat ND this year. Faint praise but still.

I’m not so sure my thinking was hysterical here considering I have felt this way for a decade. Historically speaking, what gives you faith that a McCallie-coached team is going to get BETTER over the course of the season? Also, why are people still defending her? She is objectively garbage.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 01/03/20 6:47 pm    ::: Re: Fire McCallie NOW Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Shades wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

I’m not so sure my thinking was hysterical here considering I have felt this way for a decade. Historically speaking, what gives you faith that a McCallie-coached team is going to get BETTER over the course of the season? Also, why are people still defending her? She is objectively garbage.

Shades has been defending McCallie since she got to Duke, why would that stop now? Shades - glad you outed yourself here for all to see. Now that the Duke dumpster fire JPM has gone nuclear, only the willfully ignorant are left to defend her.

Shades has been discounting, denying, attempting to contradict every single piece of information I shared here about the Duke program. I shared what I had permission to share - which by no means is everything I knew. But I did not have permission to share with the public who had shared it with me because nobody wanted the unpleasantness and/or retribution that would surely follow. But every single thing I posted has been true. And every single thing has led to Shades denigrating me or what I posted.

~rAf
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 01/03/20 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm a little mystified at the comparison to Muffett McGraw, who's admittedly having a down season, but given what she lost to graduation and injury, I don't think that negates her many previous years of high level success. I don't think JPM has done anything remotely comparable.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 01/03/20 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
I'm a little mystified at the comparison to Muffett McGraw, who's admittedly having a down season, but given what she lost to graduation and injury, I don't think that negates her many previous years of high level success. I don't think JPM has done anything remotely comparable.

I agree with this 100%! There is NO comparison between these two. Muffet = winner. JPM = loser.

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 01/03/20 8:08 pm    ::: Re: Fire McCallie NOW Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Wake Forest is now Woke Forest. They don’t seem to be the bottom team this year.

They did almost win at home against UNC Greensboro...

PostPosted: 01/03/20 8:56 pm    ::: Re: Fire McCallie NOW Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:

Not sure why an underachieving Duke WBB is an issue of concern for the entire WBB community. Duke will do what’s best for Duke.

PostPosted: 01/03/20 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone is almost certainly supporting her. Could be someone outside of athletics.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 01/04/20 2:36 am    ::: Re: Fire McCallie NOW Reply Reply with quote

osubeavers wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Not sure why an underachieving Duke WBB is an issue of concern for the entire WBB community. Duke will do what’s best for Duke.

Just like when y'all had trouble at your school, all fans of women's basketball should want the program cleaned up. It's about respect for women athletes and standing up when they are disrespected. Duke is absolutely not "doing what's best for Duke." For whatever reason, they're catering to a very bad coach and paying her a cool mil per year. This does not reflect well on Duke.

~rAf
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/04/20 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even I, an unabashed Dookie Hater for decades, Laughing have grown weary of the torture which has been inflicted upon Duke WCB fans by JPM. They've suffered enough.

I was once an admirer of JPM, and i still consider her 04-05 Mich St team- the one which eviscerated UConn, in Htfd, in Dec '04 (and whipped Stanford in the E8 and came back from 18 down to beat Tenn in the '05 semis)- one of my favorite WCB teams of all-time.

But ffs........

PostPosted: 01/04/20 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:

Same. I was a huge Duke fan for the longest time and Waner was one of my favorite players and then she just was ruined and I haven't cared of Duke and JPM since. End the suffering.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/04/20 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Same. I was a huge Duke fan for the longest time and Waner was one of my favorite players and then she just was ruined and I haven't cared of Duke and JPM since. End the suffering.

I still remember that time period well....back to back FFs under GG....Lindsay, Ali, and Abby rocked. I was a huge fan of Duke's. They were on track to rival TN's and UConn's dynastic status. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 01/04/20 12:57 pm    ::: Re: Fire McCallie NOW Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Shades wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

And after 10 years, nothing is gonna change, no matter what players she manages to convince to come to her program. They stay for the education, I suspect, not for her. They probably practice with their teeth gritted for 4 years.

PostPosted: 01/04/20 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Loved watching Duke back in the Van Gorp-Erickson-Schweitzer days. But haven't been able to stomach the last decade.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 01/04/20 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Add me to this list. I've never been a particular fan of Duke, but I respected their program and enjoyed watching them play. Their decline under JPM into a hole out of which they seem unlikely to climb with her coaching is not a positive thing for WCBB, IMHO.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/04/20 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

I still remember that time period well....back to back FFs under GG....Lindsay, Ali, and Abby rocked. I was a huge fan of Duke's. They were on track to rival TN's and UConn's dynastic status. Crying or Very sad

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Of COURRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consistent, Mr Fair Weather Fan, if nothing else. Wink

PostPosted: 01/04/20 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Howee wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Of COURRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Consistent, Mr Fair Weather Fan, if nothing else. Wink

Hey. I've been a consistent fan of YOURS, despite your steady decline. Laughing Wink Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: