RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who's The All-Time Greatest Team USA Player?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 12/28/19 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Again, Catch and Whalen has a miserable Olympics

Whalen had a better Olympics than Bird. Bird had the lowest FG% on the team in 2016 and barely broke 30% from three. In the Gold Medal match Bird was 1/3 from the floor with one assist while Whalen led the team in both points and assists.

PostPosted: 12/28/19 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Miller , then Edwards.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 12/29/19 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Leaddrship, with the exception of Vandersloot, they're still two of the best passers in the league, they're still two of the best shooters in the league too.

There is nothing special about Bird and Taurasi's leadership that couldn't have been gotten elsewhere.

Quote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
If USAB hadn't found worthy replacements for Bird and Taurasi, it's only because they weren't trying to find them.

Disagree. After Bird and Taurasi, trends in the WNBA were with exceptional posts.

Who?

Loyd, Diggins, Gray, and Sloot are the only other elite guards and all have been involved with USA basketball. But, here's the bottom line.Taurasi and Bird are still elite guards.

No, they aren't. They're still good. Maybe even very good. "Very good" isn't good enough to get a spot on the National Team in perpetuity. Or, at least, it shouldn't be.

Quote:
Again, I notice you weren't advocating for Whalen not being on the team last go around..

So what? Why would I be? Nobody's trying to argue that Whalen should be invited back. What, do you want me to argue for Whalen, just for the grins?

If I wouldn't argue that McCoughtry should still have a spot on the team (and I haven't), I sure as shit am not going to argue to keep players over 35, that I like less than McCoughtry.

Quote:
Quote:

You can't show a commitment to the team, if you're not on the team.

Plenty of players get an opportunity and pull fron it.

Right. Just wait your turn, like a good girl. And I'm sure that the check is in the mail, too.

USAB has a greater responsibility to the future of the Women's Team than it has to either Bird or Taurasi. USAB doesn't owe them anything. You can't just allow players to hold a spot until they get ready to retire, because what if they decide that they're not going to leave, until you make them leave? So then what happens? You just toss in some new guards, with no top-level FIBA experience, for the next tournament, and hope for the best?

Quote:
Kayla McVride or Jasmine Thomas weren't snubbed. They weren't better than Bird and Taurasi, and they weren't the future of USA basketball.

Why? Because you decided? They're a great deal closer to the future of USA Basketball than Bird and Taurasi are. They might not be "better," but in 2019, you can only make the case that they're not as good if you're giving Bird and Taurasi extra credit for their entire career body of work.

Quote:
Again, Catch and Whalen has a miserable Olympics. In fact, this whole board complained about Parker being left off the team, but then complained about Stewart making it over her...you know, the young talented player that you are insisting should take over from the Vets..instead of complaining about the Vet (who had a miserable Olympics)

Take that up with the people who did the complaining; you're not talking to them right now, you're talking to me.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
miller40

PostPosted: 12/29/19 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

mercfan3 wrote:
Leaddrship, with the exception of Vandersloot, they're still two of the best passers in the league, they're still two of the best shooters in the league too.

The 2019 season and the college tour suggest otherwise.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 12/29/19 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
Quote:

mercfan3 wrote:

The 2019 season and the college tour suggest otherwise.

Check out the stats I posted from the tour. Chelsea Gray and Sky Diggs really outplayed the two of them! Shocked

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 01/02/20 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
If Bird & Taurasi get their 5th Gold, does it make them #1 & #2?

No

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/02/20 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
toad455 wrote:
If Bird & Taurasi get their 5th Gold, does it make them #1 & #2?

No

Just the most privileged.....

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: