RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Because of the PAC12, I'm
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 12/18/19 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Search youtubetv

Oh, I have....they offer tutorials on this very matter, but it never ends in actual programs playing as needed.

PostPosted: 12/19/19 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Howee wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Forgot to say what I really hated about HuluLiveTV: you cannot FFWD through recorded commercials.
WTF Rolling Eyes

Yeah, that was one of several factors I found irritating about Hulu.

However, I must say: I am stymied by YouTube Live. I went online to subscribe (14 day free trial--yay, right?). I click on everything clickable, submit all needed numbers, etc., etc., AND CANNOT PULL IT UP ON MY SMART TV. I've viewed the tutorials to accomplish that, all to no avail.

I've never had this with Hulu, Amazon Prime, you name it. Any clues for the clueless??

I take it you don't have a roku or firestick?
I go thru those. Can't hep ya.

I DO have a roku. Confused

Were you able to add the YouTubeTV channel to the Roku line-up? From there, you should be able to sign-in.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/19/19 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Search youtubetv

Oh, I have....they offer tutorials on this very matter, but it never ends in actual programs playing as needed.

No comprende....search for the youtubetv channel on roku, then download it, then go online and subscribe or do a free trial and activate it.

What are you doing wrong howee? Smile

PostPosted: 12/19/19 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee, just hire your neighbor's junior high kid to do it for you.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 12/19/19 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I GOT IT!!! Very Happy

Going through the Roku did the trick....thank you, guys.

PostPosted: 12/19/19 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atta boy!

PostPosted: 12/23/19 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sling to raise prices by $5. They will be adding BTN just prior to football season, along with a few other stations. Also included will be 10 hours of DVR time.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/sling-tv-has-added-fox-news/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Howee

PostPosted: 01/04/20 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, I'm back:

Anybody here with YoutubeTV get Pac12 games? I get SEC, ACC, Big Ten games, but no Big 12 or Pac 12, unless they show up on ESPN, FS1, etc....just curious.

PostPosted: 01/04/20 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A rude awakening today. Despite upgrading my Sling from Orange to Orange+Blue (Blue has FS1, FS2), there is no FS1 in the islands for Sling. Will be going back to YouTube TV.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/04/20 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
So, I'm back:

Anybody here with YoutubeTV get Pac12 games? I get SEC, ACC, Big Ten games, but no Big 12 or Pac 12, unless they show up on ESPN, FS1, etc....just curious.

I have YouTubeTV and do not get the Pac 12 network. Big 12 is on the fox sports regional networks sometimes.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 01/05/20 12:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
So, I'm back:

Get Sling Orange and add SPORTS EXTRA to get PAC12 and Longhorn Network.

https://www.sling.com/pm/homepage?&matchtype=e&campaign=BR_ACQ_GENRL_GeneralTermsx_EVG_CPAx_EXA_COUSA_EN_EN_X_SLGD_GO_SE_TXT_BrandTerms&group=sling%20tv%20channels&cvo_keyword=sling%20tv%20channels&BS=1&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=BR_ACQ_GENRL_GeneralTermsx_EVG_CPAx_EXA_COUSA_EN_EN_X_SLGD_GO_SE_TXT_BrandTerms&utm_term=sling%20tv%20channels&matchtype=e&gclid=CjwKCAiAjMHwBRAVEiwAzdLWGEbjob9iFXPtpT5_Bvcm4auW7CwS2glqaclXniw72oPZXg5gjTn5pBoCsU4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

PostPosted: 02/01/20 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just signed up for YouTube TV free trial.

Question: Has anyone here signed up with a different zip code than the one that you actually live in? Did it work for you?

I can get South Bend channels through an antenna. I thought that it would be kind of nice to have the option of getting Fort Wayne channels too. So I put in a zip code that would be in the Fort Wayne area. It was fine as I was beginning the set up, but then I got caught. I kept getting messages telling me that I would need to enter my real location in order to get local channels. Or something like that.

See, I figured that if I was travelling and out of my "area" I would still be able to access my account and watch my programs. So I figured how would it know if I was out of my area or not. Apparently it does.

Laughing

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 02/02/20 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would using a VPN work?

PostPosted: 02/27/20 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

YouTube TV to drop Fox Regional Sports and YES Network 2/29/2020.

Quote:
The culprit: "the rising cost of sports," per YouTube.

In an e-mail to subscribers, YouTube, which charges $49.95 monthly for the TV service, said it has "been unable to reach an agreement with Sinclair to continue to carry the FOX Regional Sports Networks and YES Network," which are owned by Sinclair.

On a YES Network FAQ page, the company said it hopes to reach an agreement with YouTube TV. "However, based on the discussions we have had to date, we are not optimistic."

I'm not a big fan of Sinclair to begin with. Part of me hopes that all broadcast services drop them.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2020/02/27/youtube-tv-to-drop-fox-regional-sports-yes-network-mlb-nba-nhl/4896555002/

taropatch

PostPosted: 02/28/20 4:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up Ex-Ref. I dumped my Sling trial because it didn't have FS1, FS2 in my zip, now Youtube TV is dropping Fox Sports. No plans to switch to Hulu ($55/month).

We don't need Fox Sports for the NCAA tourney right? ESPN/2 covers the NCAA post-season I believe. After the tourney I dump Youtube TV anyways.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/28/20 6:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
Thanks for the heads up Ex-Ref. I dumped my Sling trial because it didn't have FS1, FS2 in my zip, now Youtube TV is dropping Fox Sports. No plans to switch to Hulu ($55/month).

We don't need Fox Sports for the NCAA tourney right? ESPN/2 covers the NCAA post-season I believe. After the tourney I dump Youtube TV anyways.

I saw this article first and then went looking for my email. It was in my spam folder.

I have had YTTV for a month now (2 week trial and first payment was on 2/14).

I'm not all that impressed with the navigation between channels. I was originally going to go with Sling, so I guess I'll drop YTTV and try Sling next. It's amazing how few channels I really do watch. Sports and a couple of local ones and that's it.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 02/28/20 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That sucks, but I'm not clear if they're dropping FS1 and FS2.

If so, this is a major concern for me because the BEast has a deal with FOX.

PostPosted: 02/29/20 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A day after announcing it would drop Sinclair Broadcast Group’s regional sports networks, YouTube TV said Friday night that it agreed to a temporary extension and that negotiations continue.

YouTube-TV-logo-2000px
On Thursday, YouTube TV tweeted that it had been unable to reach an extension with Sinclair, which bought the Fox Regional Sports Networks from the Walt Disney Co. last year. As a result, “we will no longer offer Fox Regional Sports Networks, including YES Network, beginning Feb. 29,” the tweet said.

But on Friday, a tweet from Team YouTube sang a different tune.

“Negotiations are still underway! In the meantime, we've agreed to a temporary extension,” YouTube said. “Fox RSNs and YES Network are still available on YT TV while we work to reach an agreement. We’ll send out an update as soon as we have

PostPosted: 03/01/20 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I may have to switch to Sling TV just to let them know that they need to stop messing around with my sports! Then switch back next fall. Maybe.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 03/05/20 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Because of the PAC12T, I may reschedule a Dr.s appt Friday in order to watch what should be an ASU-AZ battle at 2:30 ET.

PostPosted: 03/23/21 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had YouTube TV until the price increase. I thought that a 30% increase was a bit too much. Really, a LOT too much.

I haven't been watching a lot of TV lately (busy), so I never bothered to replace it with much of anything. I did add Peacock (free) and CBS All Access (for $50.00/year). With the lack of sports for the summer and fall, I really don't feel like I missed anything. And given the state of ND bball, well winter didn't matter either...Wink

With the start of the tourney, I ventured into Sling. Wow, I am so not impressed. I wish I could remember what I thought the problem was with navigation on YouTube TV. It had to be better than Sling. I haven't found a way to change the channel other than to exit the service and get back in again. I have a terrible time with getting the Guide to appear.

I don't like the cost of YTTV (greedy bastards), but I may have to go back to it at some point. Or live the rest of my life without basketball....Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: