Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 10/15/19 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
If Candace was five years younger I would be okay with making a trade for her. But she is 33 and I would not give away Diamond for a player that is a year or two away from retirement. Confused

_______ If i were Chicago I’d make LA throw in “18” as well!

Candy girl can stay in L.A. where she belongs. Chicago does not need Ms. Bullets either.

PostPosted: 10/15/19 7:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
If Candace was five years younger I would be okay with making a trade for her. But she is 33 and I would not give away Diamond for a player that is a year or two away from retirement. Confused

_______ If i were Chicago I’d make LA throw in “18” as well!

Candy girl can stay in L.A. where she belongs. Chicago does not need Ms. Bullets either.

I'm pretty sure the Pahokee Pistol is a UFA so any team can sign her, if she is not too busy making license plates next season.

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/15/19 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I always wonder if Parker has any family still living in the Chicago area, and if she has ever expressed any desire to return to where she grew up. She went to college in Tennessee, so she hasn't lived in Chicago for 15 years or so ...

Some people, of course, would like nothing better than to go back "home." Others would just as soon never go back ... does anyone know where Parker fits on this spectrum?

PostPosted: 11/08/19 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Finally healthy, Sky guard Jamierra Faulkner rediscovers her swag on court in Russia, Wade says
https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports-saturday/2019/11/9/20950448/finally-healthy-sky-guard-jamierra-faulkner-rediscovers-her-swag-on-court-in-russia-wade-says

Quote:
Over the last three years, she has torn the anterior cruciate ligament in each of her knees. The first cost her the entire 2017 WNBA season; the second sidelined her for the second part of the 2018 season and the first half of this past season. She also missed two games in August with a concussion.

Quote:
The Sky cautiously tried to loop Faulkner back into their rotation last season, but Wade didn’t want to push her to her limits. As a result, she averaged a career-low 5.6 minutes in 13 games as Gabby Williams assumed the role of Vandersloot’s backup.

Gabby as a PG... good call!

Quote:
Faulkner will be a restricted free agent this offseason but said she isn’t thinking about what the future holds for her with the Sky or the WNBA — only about helping UMMC win the Euroleague title.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 12/09/19 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Jantel Lavender story. I haven’t watched all of it yet, but it looks like quality production.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q0Z3Nq5kNzU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pilight

PostPosted: 12/17/19 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky hire former UMMC Ekaterinburg coach Olaf Lange as assistant coach

https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2019/12/17/21026270/chicago-sky-hire-olaf-lange-assistant-coach

PostPosted: 12/17/19 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2019/12/17/21026270/chicago-sky-hire-olaf-lange-assistant-coach

I wonder if Olaf is still married to Sandy Brondello.

PostPosted: 12/18/19 2:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
pilight wrote:

He is

PostPosted: 12/18/19 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
StevenHW wrote:
pilight wrote:

He is

Well then Phx - Chi games next year should be fun for them

root_thing

PostPosted: 12/18/19 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if NY reached out to Olaf or if they just assumed he'd want to be in Phoenix with Sandy. Lange would have been a legitimate candidate for the Liberty job. He has WNBA experience with three clubs and won championships as HC at the highest level overseas. They could do a lot worse.

PostPosted: 12/20/19 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
I wonder if NY reached out to Olaf or if they just assumed he'd want to be in Phoenix with Sandy. Lange would have been a legitimate candidate for the Liberty job. He has WNBA experience with three clubs and won championships as HC at the highest level overseas. They could do a lot worse.

It is possible that he and others may have put their hat in the ring but we’re told thanks for interviewing but they went with another person. Or he may just want to be an assistant coach since he has already worked with Chicago’s staff and players.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/11/20 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Ndour in a sign & trade to Dallas. Chicago is getting the #9 pick.

It hasn't been officially announced as I type this but if that's really the deal, and this was only done to clear space to re-sign Sloot, Quigley, Dolson, and Copper (especially Copper), then James Wade just made a big mistake. Although, I suppose it is possible Ndour was planning on sitting out some/all of this season and maybe beyond due to being on the Spanish Olympic team; and now the Sky have both the #8 and the #9 so like Phoenix, they too can now try to move up in the draft.

Still, with everyone else making moves and unless they make a big splash somehow (it's still early), the Sky will almost certainly be taking a step back in 2020 instead of a step forward...

ClayK

PostPosted: 02/12/20 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So the received wisdom, especially in basketball, is that the winner of any trade is the team that gets the best player -- regardless of how many other players are involved.

By that logic (which I agree with), I'm uninterested in trading a top pick for two lower ones in the WNBA, because the likelihood of a seven eight, nine or ten pick -- or two of those -- getting me a better player than a two or a three pick is low.

Now maybe if I've identified a sleeper pick who I'm sure will be a surprise, I do the deal, but I have to be sure I'm the only one who sees that sleeper pick.

In short, unless there are compelling circumstances, I don't see trading up in the draft as a likely scenario. The 7-10 picks are not that much better than 11-15 (all a roll of the dice) so if I have 3 and 12, why should I want 9 and 10 too?

PostPosted: 02/12/20 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
toad455 wrote:

It hasn't been officially announced as I type this but if that's really the deal, and this was only done to clear space to re-sign Sloot, Quigley, Dolson, and Copper (especially Copper), then James Wade just made a big mistake. Although, I suppose it is possible Ndour was planning on sitting out some/all of this season and maybe beyond due to being on the Spanish Olympic team; and now the Sky have both the #8 and the #9 so like Phoenix, they too can now try to move up in the draft.

Still, with everyone else making moves and unless they make a big splash somehow (it's still early), the Sky will almost certainly be taking a step back in 2020 instead of a step forward...

I disagree. From what I can see James Wade has a clear vision of how he wants the team to play and wants players who fit into it. In my opinion this is a better approach than just throwing talented players together regardless of fit.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/12/20 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
toad455 wrote:

So Ndour is still going to Dallas, but for a 2021 first-rounder instead of a 2020 one. Yep, still think it's a mistake, even if the pick ends up better than 9th. Maybe Ndour didn't fit in Wade's vision, but she sure seemed to fit into Wade's system when it came time to replace Lavender. And she seemed happy to be in Chicago, which is of course a franchise that doesn't always have players like that. Confused

toad455

PostPosted: 02/13/20 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The signing of Sydney Colson makes me feel like Williams will no longer be the default back-up PG now. Williams does give them a flex player from 1-4.

PG: Vandersloot/Colson/Faulkner
SG: Quigley/Copper
SF: DeShields/Williams?/Samuelson
PF: Lavender/#8 pick
C: Dolson/Parker

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/13/20 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The signing of Sydney Colson makes me feel like Williams will no longer be the default back-up PG now. Williams does give them a flex player from 1-4.

I'm guessing bringing in Colson means they're gonna let Faulkner walk? She probably needs a fresh start.

I wonder if Samuelson's mom is just looking at all these transactions going down and thinking, "When the hell is one of them gonna involve Katie Lou going to another team?" Laughing Laughing Laughing Oh, Mama Jonesy.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/13/20 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I'm guessing bringing in Colson means they're gonna let Faulkner walk? She probably needs a fresh start.

I wonder if Samuelson's mom is just looking at all these transactions going down and thinking, "When the hell is one of them gonna involve Katie Lou going to another team?" Laughing Laughing Laughing Oh, Mama Jonesy.

I think Faulkner's out, too. Too many injuries. Opens up for a 5th post.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
IM in OC

PostPosted: 02/14/20 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

I am sure she is happy today

Davis4632

PostPosted: 02/14/20 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I think Faulkner's out, too. Too many injuries. Opens up for a 5th post.

Faulkner's not playing this season.
https://highposthoops.com/2020/02/14/jamierra-faulkner-announces-she-will-not-play-this-summer-following-injury/

Shades

PostPosted: 02/14/20 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:

Faulkner's not playing this season.
https://highposthoops.com/2020/02/14/jamierra-faulkner-announces-she-will-not-play-this-summer-following-injury/

Another injury? She might as well retire.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/14/20 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://sky.wnba.com/news/chicago-sky-acquire-azura-stevens-trade-katie-lou-samuelson-to-dallas-wings/

Props to the Sky for getting an intriguing replacement for Ndour. From the same team, no less. Not giving up anything earth-shattering, either.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/14/20 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sloot/Colson
Quigley/Copper
Deshields/Williams
Stevens/Lavender
Dolson/Ch. Parker

pick 8 and something

It's not a super team but I wouldn't sleep on Chicago they seem pretty deep and flexible if their youth (Deshields, Stevens, Gabby) take another step forward and their star guards and role players do their jobs could be a pretty successful team.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 02/14/20 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

History may be saying something else I’m afraid.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/14/20 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
History may be saying something else I’m afraid.

+1

I still dont think they can compete with the bigs out west. Not with this squad at least.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: