RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Holly Warlick would like to coach again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 12/19/19 11:10 am    ::: Holly Warlick would like to coach again Reply Reply with quote

https://highposthoops.com/2019/12/17/former-tennessee-head-coach-holly-warlick-reminisces-reveals-shed-like-to-coach-again/

Quote:
Since Warlick was fired as the team’s head coach in March, she has been content to move at a less hectic pace. Warlick quipped, “My dogs actually know who I am! And so I’m good right now. I’ve enjoyed it.” She plans to do some commentating, though she did not offer any details, and she recently ran a marathon. “It was my first and my last,” she said with a laugh.

PostPosted: 12/19/19 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From the rest of the article, it seems like she's gained some perspective on her shortcomings at Tenn. I can see her back in coaching again, maybe with recruiting responsibilities, but not as a HC at a major program.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/19/19 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's always struck me as a very 'nice' person so yeah, maybe recruiting would be a good position for her with the right team. If I were a head coach, I'd definitely be interested in her.

- Amanda Gorman
summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/19/19 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Holly IS an extremely nice person and I think would be an excellent recruiter. I'd hate to have her at a competing school so I would hope she'd go out of the SEC. Laughing

PostPosted: 12/19/19 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

“Nice” people are better suited as assistant coaches.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ucbart

PostPosted: 12/20/19 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Whoever Duke hires after Coach P is FINALLY fired.....should place their first call to Holly.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/20/19 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Shades wrote:

Whoever Duke hires after Coach P is FINALLY fired.....should place their first call to Holly.

Wait. You want Duke to follow JPM with Holly??

I didn't realize your Duke hatred was THAT deep. Cool

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/20/19 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh wait, I get it now. Laughing

PostPosted: 12/20/19 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nikki Fargas has not had great luck with assistants. If she is retained, and all signs point to that, Warlick would be an ideal addition to her program.

ucbart

PostPosted: 12/20/19 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
Nikki Fargas has not had great luck with assistants. If she is retained, and all signs point to that, Warlick would be an ideal addition to her program.

Very smart. What kind of place is Baton Rouge? Is it the type of place where a young professional would want to live?

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 12/20/19 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
LitePal wrote:

Very smart. What kind of place is Baton Rouge? Is it the type of place where a young professional would want to live?

Young?? Wink

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
bucks4now

PostPosted: 12/21/19 7:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I alway felt for Holly. Following a legend, mentor, and friend was hard enough. The outside clutter from the haters had to be hard. Then add on top the pressure she put on herself, it must have been a stressful few years.

ucbart

PostPosted: 12/21/19 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
ucbart wrote:
LitePal wrote:

Young?? Wink

HAAA! I meant, why has it been hard for her to retain assistants?

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 12/22/19 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:

Man she had it all set for her at UCLA with a top 10 program she built and recruits lined up . . . . too bad she hasn't done much at LSU.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 12/22/19 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Shades wrote:

Wait. You want Duke to follow JPM with Holly??

I didn't realize your Duke hatred was THAT deep. Cool

Duke hate IS that deep. Great big NO to Holly! Do you REALLY not want Duke to return to being a rival? Those were some great battles back in the day...

~rAf
myrtle

PostPosted: 12/22/19 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
LitePal wrote:

Man she had it all set for her at UCLA with a top 10 program she built and recruits lined up . . . . too bad she hasn't done much at LSU.

so true. Sometimes coaches should stay with what works. (See Goesten... for example) For that matter see Coach P as well. But it is fun to see if a coach can take her magic from one team to the next. (See Kelly Graves.)

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 12/23/19 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
But it is fun to see if a coach can take her magic from one team to the next. (See Kelly Graves.)

Yes, pleeease. Cool

PostPosted: 01/14/20 11:08 pm    ::: Re: Holly Warlick would like to coach again Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
https://highposthoops.com/2019/12/17/former-tennessee-head-coach-holly-warlick-reminisces-reveals-shed-like-to-coach-again/

Quote:
Since Warlick was fired as the team’s head coach in March, she has been content to move at a less hectic pace. Warlick quipped, “My dogs actually know who I am! And so I’m good right now. I’ve enjoyed it.” She plans to do some commentating, though she did not offer any details, and she recently ran a marathon. “It was my first and my last,” she said with a laugh.

Come to Auburn... Lord knows anything would be better than the disaster we have now.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 01/15/20 5:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Holly would be better to take a step down in class, perhaps the Missouri Valley or Conference USA. I'm sure she could recruit with her name, and getting out of the limelight a bit might be just what she needs.

PRballer

PostPosted: 01/15/20 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chattanooga seems to be struggling with their Jim Foster successor. Maybe she could recruit well there given her knowledge of the region and her name still holds weight.

I imagine she'd want to be an assistant in a major conference or pursue a WNBA assistant job.* Less pressure and she's had plenty of it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: