RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

hey, mac fans!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 04/29/05 4:18 pm    ::: hey, mac fans! Reply Reply with quote

i just got a taste of tiger (10.4), and it is sweet! i swear, it will make windows users go crying to their mothers. apart from spotlight and dashboard, which change the game altogether, my favorite new fun thing is the rss feed screensaver. you choose an rss feed, and it . . . it . . . (it's hard to describe in words) . . . it becomes moveable art on your screen. the first one i saw was a list of all the new songs in the itunes music store. the next one i saw was the netflix list of new releases. you can do your own art, too, of course. ooooooh, how about some kind of wnba rss feed . . . ? anyway, you gotta see it because words just don't do it justice.

i'm off to a tiger party, where they're giving away a free shuttle every half-hour.

pc = computer
mac = digital hub

apple rules!

Location: Outer loop of the Capital Beltway heading towards the new National Zoo

PostPosted: 04/29/05 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

berry interesting...was wondering about tiger.

is the shuttle the aeronautical type or do you mean the utlracool shuffle ipod?

smenko

PostPosted: 04/29/05 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My husband, the mac user, is in 7th heaven today after putting a tiger in his tank. He was trying to explain that rss to me but, being just a little old PC user it was lost on me. Glad you are all happy with the new OS--X

sambista

PostPosted: 04/30/05 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jersey_stupka wrote:
berry interesting...was wondering about tiger.

is the shuttle the aeronautical type or do you mean the utlracool shuffle ipod?

yeah, y'know, i think i've been calling it the "shuttle" all week. what can i say?

the other really cool thing is dashboard, which i'll definitely use. one click, and you have, well, a dashboard of customized tools that pop up instantly - calculator, world temps, flight info, dictionary, world clock, itunes controller, package tracker (actually, like the stuff in watson, which apple shoulda bought long ago anyway), plus a coupla pages worth of more "widgets" on the apple site that you can download. then the dashboard disappears instantly, too, either with a click or a mouse move (can't remember which). i understand you can even download the proverbial dashboard hula girl. the itunes controller alone is worth it. we've already identified a coupla bugs in tiger at work, but i think i'll take the dive once 10.4.1 is out.

pc = work
mac = fun at work

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: