RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sexual Assault (Who's Next?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 12/11/19 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Weinstein and His Accusers Reach Tentative $25 Million Deal

Quote:
After two years of legal wrangling, Harvey Weinstein and the board of his bankrupt film studio have reached a tentative $25 million settlement agreement with dozens of his alleged sexual misconduct victims, a deal that would not require the Hollywood producer to admit wrongdoing or pay anything to his accusers himself, according to lawyers involved in the negotiations......

Hmm. Doesn't sound too bad a consequence for a pig like him....how does he get off so easy? Shocked

PostPosted: 12/11/19 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Hmm. Doesn't sound too bad a consequence for a pig like him....how does he get off so easy? Shocked

PostPosted: 12/11/19 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Death, taxes, & rich white people getting away with stuff...

PostPosted: 12/12/19 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of the 25 million in settlement dollars, which is paid by the insurance company, $12M+ goes towards legal fees for Harvey Weinstein, Bob Weinstein & The Weinstein Company board.

PostPosted: 12/12/19 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:

Death, taxes, & rich white people getting away with stuff...

I believe I heard that he's still up for prosecution on the rape charges. Hopefully justice will be served.

PostPosted: 12/26/19 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, I know it's TMZ, but as of this writing, some of the more established news sites have not posted this story yet.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/12/26/kevin-spacey-accuser-commits-suicide/

And Spacey has released another bizarre video on Xmas eve... Surprised

https://www.tmz.com/2019/12/24/kevin-spacey-bizarre-video-christmas-eve-frank-underwood-kill-them-with-kindness/

PostPosted: 12/26/19 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
Yes, I know it's TMZ, but as of this writing, some of the more established news sites have not posted this story yet.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/12/26/kevin-spacey-accuser-commits-suicide/

And Spacey has released another bizarre video on Xmas eve... Surprised

https://www.tmz.com/2019/12/24/kevin-spacey-bizarre-video-christmas-eve-frank-underwood-kill-them-with-kindness/

I'm too scared to even comment on this manner because this is straight-up eerie. I fully believe he's not only offing victims but paying off the media because they've shut up about him.

PostPosted: 01/06/20 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Time's Up says Time's Now for actors' guides

With Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein's sexual assault trial beginning today, the Time's Up Foundation figured it was a good time to release guides so actors can better understand their rights.

The downloadable guides offer information on an actor's rights at auditions and in nude and intimate scenes – and how to report misconduct and harassment to employers, labor unions and authorities. They also address topics such as staying safe in the workplace, dealing with retaliation, and negotiating boundaries.

The foundation is a response to the #MeToo movement – born out of more than 80 women's claims that Weinstein had harassed and assaulted.

https://mashable.com/article/times-up-downloadable-guides-entertainment-industry/

Your Rights in Auditions
https://timesupfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/TUF-Safety_Packet-Auditions-V3-20191222_FINAL.pdf

Your Rights in Nude and Intimate Scenes
https://timesupfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/TUF-Safety_Packet-Nudity-V3-20191222_FINAL.pdf

Your Right to Report Sexual Misconduct and Harassment
https://timesupfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/TUF-Safety_Packet-Reporting-V3-20191222_FINAL.pdf

Genero36

PostPosted: 01/14/20 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="606" height="342" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jlFaHM93o2g" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/jlFaHM93o2g

PostPosted: 01/21/20 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Asked if she had any regrets about her "lengthy" association with Weinstein, Clinton insisted that she and her aides had no idea about the allegations against the Miramax co-founder.

"How could we have known?" Clinton said. "He raised money for me, for the Obamas, for Democrats in general. And that at the time was something that everybody thought made sense."

https://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clinton-defends-harvey-weinstein-association-1483227?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1579625245

She had more harsh words for Bernie.

PostPosted: 02/24/20 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 02/24/20 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like to clarify the exact five verdicts in the Weinstein case, since the usual news organizations don't.

1. NOT GUILTY of predatory sexual assault against Mimi Haley and Annabella Sciorra. This would have carried a life sentence maximum.

2. NOT GUILTY of predatory sexual assault against Jessica Mann and Annabella Sciorra. This would have carried a life sentence maximum.

3. NOT GUILTY of first degree rape against Jessica Mann. This would have carried a 25 year maximum.

4. GUILTY of first degree criminal sexual act (forced oral sex) against Mimi Haley. This carries a maximum of 25 years and a minimum of 5 years.

5. GUILTY of third degree rape against Jessica Mann (intercourse without consent but no physical compulsion involved). This carries a maximum of 4 years and a minimum of probation.

So, Weinstein was acquitted of the three most serious charges, but will probably get at least 5 years of jail time for the other two charges if upheld on appeal.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/24/20 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Basically he's a good, upstanding dude who has been set up. What is happening, America? Hollywood is crumbling before your very eyes.

PostPosted: 02/24/20 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The jury didn't believe Sciorra.

PostPosted: 02/24/20 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Harvey Weinstein Taken to Bellevue Hospital With Chest Pains

Quote:
Harvey Weinstein was taken to Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan on Monday after complaining of chest pains, according to his representative.

Weinstein was supposed to be transferred to the jail on Rikers Island, but was diverted to Bellevue. Weinstein was remanded into custody on Monday morning after a jury convicted him on charges of sexual assault and third-degree rape.

Bellevue is known for its psychiatric facility, but it also serves as a hospital for jail inmates.

https://variety.com/2020/biz/news/harvey-weinstein-hospital-chest-pains-1203514196/?fbclid=IwAR3ZzxTh6pick1ebt59mxZeMTXnbQ1yF5Ei8l7tjA4rdpuVn03uLd61uSkY

This fat entitled walker pushing bitch needs to drop the drama. The judge should add 10 years for all his ridiculous charades. He knows Rikers is about to wax that ass.

PostPosted: 02/24/20 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I'd like to clarify the exact five verdicts in the Weinstein case, since the usual news organizations don't.

1. NOT GUILTY of predatory sexual assault against Mimi Haley and Annabella Sciorra. This would have carried a life sentence maximum.

2. NOT GUILTY of predatory sexual assault against Jessica Mann and Annabella Sciorra. This would have carried a life sentence maximum.

3. NOT GUILTY of first degree rape against Jessica Mann. This would have carried a 25 year maximum.

4. GUILTY of first degree criminal sexual act (forced oral sex) against Mimi Haley. This carries a maximum of 25 years and a minimum of 5 years.

5. GUILTY of third degree rape against Jessica Mann (intercourse without consent but no physical compulsion involved). This carries a maximum of 4 years and a minimum of probation.

So, Weinstein was acquitted of the three most serious charges, but will probably get at least 5 years of jail time for the other two charges if upheld on appeal.

NPR said that the charges that carried the death penalty were not guilty verdicts.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 02/24/20 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:

Have they said so? I don't think that's the case but if they've been interviewed then of course I'm wrong.

I believe the counts that included Sciorra were put in there so that she COULD take the witness stand. But they are some of the most serious, murder one-like, charges in our legal system. I also believe they were thrown in there so that the jury could compromise on a lesser charge. But the 'lesser' charge are fucking deadly serious charges themselves, minimum 5 year sentence in one that he was convicted of today, and I would not be surprised if the strategy was to target they were really hoping for was one of the the less serious charges.

What the prosecution wanted was a conviction. They could have charged him with 20 crimes or only the two he was convicted of. I don't really think they care about what he was NOT convicted of. They only care about getting a conviction and sending Harvey Weinstein to prison. And I think that's the takeaway.

My heart goes out to Annabella because I don't believe she received the justice due her in our criminal justice system. He raped her. He raped many women just like her.

This is a day when two things that I never ever thought I would see happened. 1) is a Hollywood mogul convicted of rape and acts of sexual predation that was carried out in the massive amorphous anywhere they are landscape that is the Hollywood workplace. 2.) Kobe Bryant's memorial service. Who could have ever imagined that? What a day.

PostPosted: 02/25/20 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
What the prosecution wanted was a conviction. They could have charged him with 20 crimes or only the two he was convicted of. I don't really think they care about what he was NOT convicted of. They only care about getting a conviction and sending Harvey Weinstein to prison. And I think that's the takeaway.

It's certainly the takeaway for me. I would not have been the least bit surprised if he had been able to squirm himself out of a prison sentence (and he's not in there yet of course), but the 2 decisions still feel like a significant shift, and therefore a victory, regardless of how disappointed many people still might be.

---

Genero36 wrote:
This fat entitled walker pushing bitch needs to drop the drama. The judge should add 10 years for all his ridiculous charades. He knows Rikers is about to wax that ass.

This delay gives the inmates time to read the court transcripts, which should be a great source of pickup lines they can use on him.

PostPosted: 02/25/20 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Because of the way the five charges are defined under NY law, and how they were presented in the instructions to the jury, it was always only possible for Weinstein to be convicted of a maximum of two of the charges. He ended up being convicted of the the two least serious.

I agree with Genero that the jury didn't believe Sciorra -- or, more precisely, that they didn't believe she had been subjected to a serious sexual offense by Weinstein. Here's why.

Sciorra's rape allegation was not prosecutable because it is barred by the statute of limitations. Her testimony was allowed only because the two charges of "predatory sexual conduct" required Weinstein to have committed a PATTERN of SERIOUS sexual conduct against at least TWO women: Haley and someone else, or Mann and someone else. For both Haley and Mann, Sciorra was the chosen someone else. Since both charges of "predatory sexual conduct" failed and resulted in not guilty verdicts, it's logically obvious that the jury did not believe that Weinstein had committed a serious enough act against Sciorra, such as first degree rape.
Genero36

PostPosted: 02/25/20 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Genero36 wrote:

Have they said so? I don't think that's the case but if they've been interviewed then of course I'm wrong.

To my knowledge, the jury hasn't spoken publicly. I'm relaying the words of an ABC reporter from World News Tonight with David Muir.

PostPosted: 02/25/20 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, that’s the legal ‘figuring’ based on how the charges are aligned with each other. Juries will sometimes disregard the technical aspects of how the case was charged and return verdicts that are only as severe as they believe is warranted by the totality of the evidence in the case that they heard.

That’s hard to do, because prosecutors and especially the judges do everything they can to make sure that juries stick to the exactitudes of the charges as they’re presented to them. But everyone knows that juries have the latitude to ultimately vote guilty or not guilty on any and every charge that’s presented to them.

I do think if they come to a decision that suggests they got something really backwards that the judge can void the jury’s decision or there might be grounds to reverse it on appeal

Lots of lawyers here though so don’t take my word for any of this. I’m just going to have to hear it directly from members of the jury that ”they didn’t believe” Annabella Sciorra.

PostPosted: 02/27/20 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Lots of lawyers here though so don’t take my word for any of this. I’m just going to have to hear it directly from members of the jury that ”they didn’t believe” Annabella Sciorra.

<embed><iframe width="606" height="342" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LNg3Rzt3wFs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/LNg3Rzt3wFs

*She was confident in the verdict. She was very nervous.
*She wishes the victims the best and hope this will give them closure to move on with their lives
*Said the jury really wasnt deadlock but wanted to make sure people didn't change their minds. Wanted others to go home and think about it.
*She said before the trial, she had no idea who Harvey Weinstein was lol
*She did her best to block out the images of Harvey's bad bodied ass.
*Said Annabelle Sciorra's testimony convinced most jurors but she felt the way things went for her is wrong. She do hope that Annabelle get closure.

PostPosted: 02/27/20 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well leave it to Inside Edition to not follow up for clarity as to what the juror meant there.

As far as everything else. I’m telling you, sitting on a jury deciding whether someone is going to spend the rest of their life in prison is fucking hard. I did it. It was a six week trial. Third strike for two guys for manufacturing PCP. We could not reach a decision after six days of deliberation.

I’m glad she believed Annabella.

PostPosted: 02/28/20 2:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
I’m glad she believed Annabella.

Believed what?

The issue is whether the jury, collectively and unanimously, believed that the prosecution had proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Weinstein had committed a class B sexual felony against Sciorra. It is obvious that they did not.

Let me try to explain this another way.

You can see HERE that the New York statutes define 22 different sexual offenses and give them various seriousness classifications, A being the worst kind of felony, E being the least, and of course misdemeanors being less serious than all of the felonies. There are two A felonies and four B felonies. And the A felonies are built from B felonies against two or more victims (or a child, which was not at issue here).

The most serious felony Weinstein was charged with was the A felony called "predatory sexual assault" (statute 130.95). Weinstein was charged with committing predatory sexual assault twice, once against Haley and once against Mann. Translating the statute, this offense requires the prosecution to prove that Weinstein had committed one of the four B felonies against Haley or Mann, and in addition, had also committed one of the four B felonies against "one or more additional persons". The prosecutors chose Sciorra to be the additional person in both sexual predatory assault charges.

Now comes simple logic. Because the jury did not unanimously convict Weinstein of predatory sexual assault against either Haley or Mann, they necessarily did not unanimously believe that Weinstein had committed first degree rape or any of the other three B sexual felonies against Sciorra.

Maybe 3 or 8 or 11 jurors believed Weinstein committed a B felony against Sciorra, but that's not enough; there must be juror unanimity. Maybe all 12 jurors unanimously believed Weinstein had committed a C, D, or E sexual felony or a sexual misdemeanor against Sciorra, but those are not serious enough sexual crimes to support the A felony of predatory sexual assault.

So, what one particular juror believed is both too ambiguous to analyze without more detail pegged to the statutory definitions, and also irrelevant because a jury acts as a 12-person collective.

The verdicts acquitting Weinstein of predatory sexual assault against both Haley and Mann prove that the jury collective did not believe that the prosecution had proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Weinstein had committed first degree rape against Sciorra or any of the other three class B sexual felonies.
Genero36

PostPosted: 03/10/20 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Harvey Weinstein suggested Jennifer Aniston ‘should be killed’ over sex assault claim
Quote:
Harvey Weinstein suggested that Jennifer Aniston “should be killed” upon learning that the National Enquirer was planning to report he sexually assaulted her, court papers revealed Tuesday.

On Oct. 31, 2017, amid the barrage of #MeToo allegations against the disgraced movie mogul, Weinstein’s spokeswoman forwarded him an email from the Enquirer, the records show.

“Not sure if you saw this one. Jennifer Aniston,” wrote Sallie Hofmeister, a senior executive at the powerhouse Sitrick public relations company.

In its email, the Enquirer said that “Jennifer confided to a friend that during the production of the 2005 movie ‘Derailed’ Weinstein sexually assaulted her by pressing up against her back in [sic] grabbing her buttocks.”

Quote:
“And he literally came to the table and said to my friend: ‘Get up!’ And I was like, ‘Oh my gosh.’ And so my friend got up and moved and Harvey sat down. It was just such a level of gross entitlement and piggish behavior.”

Aniston also told Variety that Weinstein tried to bully her into wearing a dress designed by his then-wife, Georgina Chapman, to the movie’s premiere, but that she refused.

https://pagesix.com/2020/03/10/harvey-weinstein-suggested-jennifer-aniston-should-be-killed-over-sex-assault-claim/

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: