RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Paige Bueckers has the SWAGGIEST Game in the COUNTRY
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 11/24/19 8:30 pm    ::: Paige Bueckers has the SWAGGIEST Game in the COUNTRY Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6702T9bn0_A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/24/19 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In my 15 years of watching girls high school basketball somewhat seriously, Pistol Paige Bueckers is the best guard I've seen. With pizzazz and razzmatazz, she can dominate (scoring), facilitate (teammates), prestidigitate (the ball) and vaticinate (the entire court).

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/avCjxgJoZZo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
linkster

PostPosted: 12/06/19 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bueckers' Hopkins is playing today, Friday 12-6-19 at 6:00pm ET The game is streamed here:

http://www.prepspotlight.tv/MSHSL/GameStream

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/07/19 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Better than Bent?

PostPosted: 12/07/19 12:00 pm    ::: Re: Paige Bueckers has the SWAGGIEST Game in the COUNTRY Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6702T9bn0_A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In the pantheon of great players that have gone to UCONN and been superstars, I think Paige Bueckers will be the most hated player by opposing fans. She's just that player, with that swag, and that game. Yes-Diana was hated, but this is a totally different era with social media.

She has game changer written all over her.

I wonder what number she will wear?

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 12/07/19 12:20 pm    ::: Re: Paige Bueckers has the SWAGGIEST Game in the COUNTRY Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
stever wrote:

In the pantheon of great players that have gone to UCONN and been superstars, I think Paige Bueckers will be the most hated player by opposing fans. She's just that player, with that swag, and that game. Yes-Diana was hated, but this is a totally different era with social media.

She has game changer written all over her.

I wonder what number she will wear?

But but but Minnesota Nice??

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/07/19 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Pistol wears #1 in high school.

She scored 29 points in the game linked by Linkster, which Hopkins easily won. In that game, she was aggressive and finished in traffic on many drives, was able to self-create (with some good picks) several short pull-up jumpers, but seemed to be somewhat off on her long shot. Her coach kept her on the court the entire game, with just a two minute blow in the first half, even when up by 25 points at the end.
Shades

PostPosted: 12/07/19 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember struggling to get people to recognize Bueckers as a top prospect. Now she’s getting all this hype.
http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=93614

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/07/19 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Just realized and confirmed that UConn has never had a #1 jersey. Maybe that was the point of ucbart's question.
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 12/07/19 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A heads-up for Cam and RAF: I find the trash talk/stare down crap to be asshole-ish. If Bueckers continues that bs in a CT uni, I'll call it out. Wink

PostPosted: 12/08/19 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Just realized and confirmed that UConn has never had a #1 jersey. Maybe that was the point of ucbart's question.

Yes-Geno doesn't allow it and she even talked about(somewhere-I know I heard it) that she asked him for it and he said no.

linkster

PostPosted: 12/08/19 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Yes-Geno doesn't allow it and she even talked about(somewhere-I know I heard it) that she asked him for it and he said no.

Fudd also wears No 1 for her HS team.

allenleavell

PostPosted: 12/10/19 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When she get uconn non of that....mo jeffeerson made my baby go work her game .one game her team was down 15 pt she brought them back....

linkster

PostPosted: 12/10/19 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2019/12/faoy.aspx

USA Basketball names Bueckers their female athlete of the year. The last high school player to win it was Stewart.

Geno has the pieces coming in and already there to reach his goal of "making UConn bad for basketball". Rolling Eyes

stever

PostPosted: 12/10/19 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_ywaPN87C70" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/10/19 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yep, I can see why she will be considered an asshole by opponents. Being good is one thing, being an ass is another. You really don't have to be an ass to be good - see Stewie and Maya for example. I always wonder the effect on teammates. I'm guessing there are some who would be put off by it. Look at the exodus from Texas A&M for example. Somewhere along the line, someone enabled her and taught her it was fine to be a bad sport. Too bad.

- Amanda Gorman
ClayK

PostPosted: 12/11/19 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So when was she an ass? I watched that whole thing, and she plays with a little panache, but she never showed anyone up on the other team. Sure, she celebrated when her teammate made a layup after another teammate dove on the floor for a loose ball ... but this was a playoff game, pretty clearly, and I think it was against Wayzata, their big rival.

I don't see a problem with a very good player having fun playing the game ...

PostPosted: 12/11/19 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bad sport? WTF? Myrtle, you have no clue what you’re talking about.

SDHoops

PostPosted: 12/11/19 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AS USUAL, myrtle has to bring anti-UConn agenda to a thread. I'm starting to think myrtle is Sue Favors because they bring the same B.S. everyday Rolling Eyes The same myrtle that said Marina Mabrey's foul behavior was "fine". Smh!!

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/11/19 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah, I'm totally anti UConn. That's why I brought up Maya and Stewie as examples of great players with great attitudes who don't need to show up opponents. That's why I think Geno is probably the greatest women's college coach of all time. Go ahead and SYH. Maybe it will help you to see beyond the end of your nose.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 12/11/19 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
So when was she an ass? I watched that whole thing, and she plays with a little panache, but she never showed anyone up on the other team. Sure, she celebrated when her teammate made a layup after another teammate dove on the floor for a loose ball ... but this was a playoff game, pretty clearly, and I think it was against Wayzata, their big rival.

I don't see a problem with a very good player having fun playing the game ...

I hope you're right.

cthskzfn wrote:
A heads-up for Cam and RAF: I find the trash talk/stare down crap to be asshole-ish. If Bueckers continues that bs in a CT uni, I'll call it out. Wink

from a UConn fan...or maybe cthskzfn is Sue Favor in drag.

- Amanda Gorman
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 12/11/19 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The bucket at :29, and her subsequent yapping at #9. Not heinous by any stretch, but not my cup of tea.

PostPosted: 12/11/19 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
yep, I can see why she will be considered an asshole by opponents. Being good is one thing, being an ass is another. You really don't have to be an ass to be good - see Stewie and Maya for example. I always wonder the effect on teammates. I'm guessing there are some who would be put off by it. Look at the exodus from Texas A&M for example. Somewhere along the line, someone enabled her and taught her it was fine to be a bad sport. Too bad.

Think you overstate it. Any comparison to a primadonna is total bullshit. Bueckers is the consummate team player. She likely will never be the leading scorer for UConn over a season but may set the all-time assist mark.
She is never intimidated and is the type who responds to taunts with her game.
Taurasi has shown ass-like behavior as a pro but at UConn her antics were limited to post-game comments or gestures, like when she motioned to the blue devil crowd to "call me" after enduring their taunts and whipping their team, or her comment about the Tenn crowd booing every time she touched the ball with "I thought they were mooing".
I'm sure there will be those who will not like her strutting but you needn't worry because if your past behavior is any indication you won't ever watch more than 4 or 5 minutes of her UConn's games. Very Happy

linkster

PostPosted: 12/11/19 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
The bucket at :29, and her subsequent yapping at #9. Not heinous by any stretch, but not my cup of tea.

I've watched many complete games and the only time I've seen her stare down an opponent was after they gave her shit more than once. There have been games when the entire student section of the opponent has taunted her. It never lasts long however.

UConn has needed a player with some on-court personality for a while. I can't wait to see her at Notre Dame and at Tenn next year. It's really too bad UConn doesn't play Duke anymore.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/11/19 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

There was no yapping. She’s also very intense on defense. She finds the player she’s responsible for guarding and reels them in. You can find something similar @2:29 in the “Bueckers silences feisty crowd” video.

I think people are getting overly influenced by the click bait nature of the titles of these videos.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: