RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Louisville (8) vs Oregon (1) - 11/30/19
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Louisville
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Oregon
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

acsuc99

PostPosted: 11/30/19 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
linkster wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Go Lou! I took Ducks in the pick em, and I'll happily take one for the team here. Laughing

This is one game, and it's not over, but I've always had the feeling Ducks are softer than they should be.

Is Walz employing his hack-a-griner D today? Wink

Nope. Mostly Louisville is just quicker. Ionescu can't drive off screens because Louis. is jumping them and denying her penetration, and the rest of Oregon can't hit a shot. Sabally is the only one scoring, mostly uncontested layups.
Oregon has played zone the entire second half which I think has to do with fatigue.

It's nice to root for an underdog vs No 1 for a change. Very Happy

Again, it's one game, in November, 3rd in 3, etc etc, but, what exactly is this Ducks' team signature win? When has The T-D Kid had an outstanding game vs a defensively-strong team? I see yet another pedestrian line for her against a quick, defensive scheme.

Yeah, this is gonna be my theme this year. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oregon is good....maybe the best this year. But they don't compare to last years Baylor or ND teams. Heck maybe not even UConn, Louisville, and Miss State. Miss State played 'em toe to toe in a frenzied pro Duck crowd in Portland.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/30/19 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

acsuc99 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
linkster wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Go Lou! I took Ducks in the pick em, and I'll happily take one for the team here. Laughing

This is one game, and it's not over, but I've always had the feeling Ducks are softer than they should be.

Nope. Mostly Louisville is just quicker. Ionescu can't drive off screens because Louis. is jumping them and denying her penetration, and the rest of Oregon can't hit a shot. Sabally is the only one scoring, mostly uncontested layups.
Oregon has played zone the entire second half which I think has to do with fatigue.

Again, it's one game, in November, 3rd in 3, etc etc, but, what exactly is this Ducks' team signature win? When has The T-D Kid had an outstanding game vs a defensively-strong team? I see yet another pedestrian line for her against a quick, defensive scheme.

Yeah, this is gonna be my theme this year. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oregon is good....maybe the best this year. But they don't compare to last years Baylor or ND teams. Heck maybe not even UConn, Louisville, and Miss State. Miss State played 'em toe to toe in a frenzied pro Duck crowd in Portland.

um, er, perhaps that motley group of pros called the USA team?

- Amanda Gorman
osubeavers

PostPosted: 11/30/19 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
IMO In general, it's a good thing for a good team to lose early in the season. Otherwise the heads get waay too big. grats to the Cards. now if my Cards can do that tonight (and against Oregon later in the season), I'll be happy (and surprised).
It’s not only good for Oregon to lose early in the season, it’s good for them to lose multiple times during the conference season. I’m an Oregon State fan and I want the Beavers in the Portland Regional, it those other guys.

PostPosted: 11/30/19 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Graham Hayes says the UL defense was putting 6-4 Kylee Shook on the top of the zone to pressure mainly the point guard, Minyon Moore. Non-entity LaMont got the idea from watching UCF do this with 7-6 non-entity Tacko Fall against Duke last season in the non-entity men's Final Four.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/30/19 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
linkster wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

What is their signature win? They defeated the USA old farts squad! Laughing

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/30/19 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
linkster wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

What is their signature win? They defeated the USA old farts squad! Laughing

Laughing

PostPosted: 12/01/19 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

REALLY wish I coulda seen this game, or even an online version, if anyone knows one....?

Hey. $hit happens....Laughing After the Syracuse game, when I had my li'l *meet 'n greet* with Kelly, all he had to say about that game was how terrible their fg% was (43% fg, 37% on 3s)-- I do believe he'd have taken that today, could he have found it. Going 34%/17% was not gonna cut it. I can't imagine Sabrina going 1-9 this season again, nor Satou pulling a 2-11.

Gotta agree with Myrtle on the "If ya gotta lose at all, do it early and move on" thinking. Early losses for teams with High Expectations can relieve that mental pressure of fearing that first lost. And a kid as intense as Sabrina SHALL use it as a tool to intensify her focus.

cthskzfn wrote:
.... but, what exactly is this Ducks' team signature win? When has The T-D Kid had an outstanding game vs a defensively-strong team? I see yet another pedestrian line for her against a quick, defensive scheme.

"Signature win"....this season? First Good Team they've played in L'ville. Now, LAST year, they beat MS-St. TWICE. You know, the Defensive Guru Vic's team? And there was that drubbing of Stanford at Maples. You remember, Stanford's kinda good Razz (good enough they came back and beat 'em!)
acsuc99 wrote:

Wrong-ooo.
Just think about the FF: Oregon loses to Baylor by 5 (again with atypical FG% of 37/37) THAT'S 'toe to toe' equal.
THEN, Baylor schlocks star-studded ND....until Cox goes down and ND saves face by coming back.

And don't be mockin' the "Old Farts" win....y'all'd prolly give yer left nipple to say YOUR team even came close to that. Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 12/01/19 7:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=28196710&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ucbart

PostPosted: 12/01/19 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was at the Oregon/Syracuse game and I could see this coming from a mile away. Oregon is SLOWWWW. Syracuse played them well for 2.5 quarters, but they just got out-talented and Q is a very questionable coach.

Sabrina was very mediocre against Syracuse too. She did most of her damage after the game was decided.

If I am the NYL-I don't know if I wouldn't take Sabally.

osubeavers

PostPosted: 12/01/19 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
I was at the Oregon/Syracuse game and I could see this coming from a mile away. Oregon is SLOWWWW. Syracuse played them well for 2.5 quarters, but they just got out-talented and Q is a very questionable coach.

Sabrina was very mediocre against Syracuse too. She did most of her damage after the game was decided.

If I am the NYL-I don't know if I wouldn't take Sabally.

Looking at that Louisville highlight reel there are moments where Sabrina appears to be slightly favoring her right leg, which is also wrapped in a black compression sleeve. She played 37 minutes so she must be good to go but to my eyes she looked somewhat less than “100%”.

PostPosted: 12/01/19 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sabally would actually be the safer pick than Ionescu in the sense that there are no questions about her athletically. And she has a very complete game, so you can pretty much check all the boxes on Satou. The only negative about her is that she gets into foul trouble. However, Sabally is pretty much self-contained. Ionescu has the potential to make your whole team better. Currently, she leads the nation in assists by a wide margin with 8.6 apg vs 7.8 for a player from St Francis Brooklyn. The next closest P5 player is Taja Cole at 6.6. Also, Sabrina brings leadership. It can't be measured, but it's reportedly there.

Oregon is very dependent on the Ionescu-Hebard pick and rolls as well as 3-point shooting. Syracuse played zone, which made it very hard to execute pick and rolls. Not surprisingly, it wasn't only Sabrina who struggled early in that game -- I believe Hebard didn't score her first basket until the 3rd Quarter. This from a player who entered the game averaging 24 ppg. In addition, Oregon didn't shoot the ball well from outside in the first half. That changed in the second half, which is when they pulled away. I don't know what Louisville did yesterday, but that's the general formula for derailing Oregon's offense. Stop the pick and rolls, then hope the Ducks have a bad day shooting 3-pointers.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: