RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Louisville (8) vs Oregon (1) - 11/30/19
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Louisville
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Oregon
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

Shades

PostPosted: 11/29/19 7:36 am    ::: Louisville (8) vs Oregon (1) - 11/30/19 Reply Reply with quote

Paradise Jam Island Division
St Thomas, Virgin Islands - 3:15 PM ET

TV: None

Video stream:
https://www.flohoops.com/signup?redirect=%2Flive%2F16668-2019-women-s-paradise-jam&utm_campaign=80281womensparadise&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=participatingschools&utm_content=participatingschools&rtid=80281&coverage_id=6567772

Audio:
https://goducks.com/sports/2016/8/16/live-audio.aspx

Live stats:
https://paradise.sidearmstats.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 11/30/19 4:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/29/19 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would love to watch this game! Very Happy

PostPosted: 11/29/19 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hopefully someone with a flohoops account posts the replay on YouTube.

PostPosted: 11/30/19 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Heavily contested game. Oregon opened an early lead but Louisville is 2 pts down 2 with 3.5 mins left in the second. Louisville getting called for a lot of fouls. Several charge/block calls that went Oregon's way. Louisville's defense is denying Ionescu and doing a good job of the boards.

I paid the $30.00 bucks and it has been money well spent. I still have the Miss St/Stan. game late and S car./Baylor. Quite a triple header.

linkster

PostPosted: 11/30/19 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Louisville's defense has totally stymied Ionescu by stepping out on all screens. Louis is playing with more energy. Third game in 3 days.

37-32 Louisville at the half

Oregon may well be the best team this year but Louisville is showing that if you can stop Sabrina from operating the rest of the team doesn't know what to do. At least today.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/30/19 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Lou! I took Ducks in the pick em, and I'll happily take one for the team here. Laughing

This is one game, and it's not over, but I've always had the feeling Ducks are softer than they should be.

Is Walz employing his hack-a-griner D today? Wink

PostPosted: 11/30/19 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Go Lou! I took Ducks in the pick em, and I'll happily take one for the team here. Laughing

This is one game, and it's not over, but I've always had the feeling Ducks are softer than they should be.

Nope. Mostly Louisville is just quicker. Ionescu can't drive off screens because Louis. is jumping them and denying her penetration, and the rest of Oregon can't hit a shot. Sabally is the only one scoring, mostly uncontested layups.
Oregon has played zone the entire second half which I think has to do with fatigue.

It's nice to root for an underdog vs No 1 for a change. Very Happy

linkster

PostPosted: 11/30/19 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've always thought that the 3rd game takes something out of legs and it shows up in outside shooting.

At this point in the 4th period:

3 pt shooting
Louisville 4-17
Oregon 4-23

Howee

PostPosted: 11/30/19 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ruh Roh....trouble in Paradise!! Razz

PostPosted: 11/30/19 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

2:45 left and an 8 pt lead. This is where underdogs start to try and protect a lead and end up choking away a game they had in their pocket.

And before I can post this:

Jones hits a dagger 3 from closer to half court than the foul line. Time out!

linkster

PostPosted: 11/30/19 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ioescu hits the rim with a three that bounces 6 feet up off the rim and goes in!

linkster

PostPosted: 11/30/19 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And I still have Baylor/S Car & Miss St/Stan.

$30 well spent.

linkster

PostPosted: 11/30/19 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon is still the best team IMO but this isn't like when it's been UConn and a huge gap to the rest.

Louisville's defense today has been outstanding and Jeff deserves a lot of the credit.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/30/19 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMO In general, it's a good thing for a good team to lose early in the season. Otherwise the heads get waay too big. grats to the Cards. now if my Cards can do that tonight (and against Oregon later in the season), I'll be happy (and surprised).

- Amanda Gorman
linkster

PostPosted: 11/30/19 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jeff, in a post game interview gives the credit fot the defensive scheme to an assistant named Lamont something.

At least we won't have to argue whether Oregon is bad for wcbb. Rolling Eyes

linkster

PostPosted: 11/30/19 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
IMO In general, it's a good thing for a good team to lose early in the season. Otherwise the heads get waay too big. grats to the Cards. now if my Cards can do that tonight (and against Oregon later in the season), I'll be happy (and surprised).

So a Stanford loss to Miss St would be a good thing and something you will hope for????????????? (For the good of Tara's program) Very Happy

I agree though that the weight of being undefeated can become heavy as the season goes on. It takes a great team and coach to pull it off. Rolling Eyes

Shades

PostPosted: 11/30/19 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

72-62 LOU final

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
linkster

PostPosted: 11/30/19 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A game ball to Louisville freshman Konno, who came in for Jones, played but 17 minutes, but never let Ionescu get by her. Best shutdown defense I've seen since Tiffany Hayes graduated.

root_thing

PostPosted: 11/30/19 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon 6-34 17.6% from 3pt. Also, zero points off the bench. Louisville had 10 points off the bench, which happens to be the margin of victory.

Late update from the box score just changed that to 6-35 17.1% on 3-pt attempts for Oregon.

Last edited by root_thing on 11/30/19 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/30/19 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
myrtle wrote:

So a Stanford loss to Miss St would be a good thing and something you will hope for????????????? (For the good of Tara's program) Very Happy

I agree though that the weight of being undefeated can become heavy as the season goes on. It takes a great team and coach to pull it off. Rolling Eyes

I always root for my team, but it wouldn't be the end of the world for them to lose to Miss St. And the way they've been playing and the way Tara's been coaching, it certainly wouldn't surprise me. Odds are good though that they'll lose some in league (and there's the Tenn. and Texas games coming up) so I don't think that 'no loss' thing will be a problem by the end of the season.

- Amanda Gorman
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/30/19 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon led after the first quarter, 24-13, shooting 56.3%. After that, Louisville adjusted something in their defense and dominated the rest of the game, 59-38, holding Oregon to 28.6% shooting in the last three quarters.

Ionescu seems more defendable than some other top scorers of recent times.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/30/19 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Nope. Mostly Louisville is just quicker. Ionescu can't drive off screens because Louis. is jumping them and denying her penetration, and the rest of Oregon can't hit a shot. Sabally is the only one scoring, mostly uncontested layups.
Oregon has played zone the entire second half which I think has to do with fatigue.

Oregon is a good team. I watched Louisville play earlier this month and I what I noticed about this year's squad is that their starting five are very quick.
That is why I wanted to watch this game. I wanted to see how Oregon would handle a team with good speed and quickness.

PostPosted: 11/30/19 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Jeff, in a post game interview gives the credit fot the defensive scheme to an assistant named Lamont something.

"LaMont Russell, a former Division I men’s basketball player, is in his fourth year as the graphic design and video coordinator for the women’s basketball program."

Could be a man on the way up the ladder.
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/30/19 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Again, it's one game, in November, 3rd in 3, etc etc, but, what exactly is this Ducks' team signature win? When has The T-D Kid had an outstanding game vs a defensively-strong team? I see yet another pedestrian line for her against a quick, defensive scheme.

Yeah, this is gonna be my theme this year. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 11/30/19 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
linkster wrote:

"LaMont Russell, a former Division I men’s basketball player, is in his fourth year as the graphic design and video coordinator for the women’s basketball program."

Could be a man on the way up the ladder.

According to Muff Mcgraw, he doesn't count! Hire a woman! ALL FEMALE STAFFS BABY!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: