RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Other Games 11/26 - 11/29
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 11/27/19 9:14 am    ::: Other Games 11/26 - 11/29 Reply Reply with quote

UCLA womped on Yale, 100-65

Japreece Dean notched a triple-double (20, 10 & 10)... just the 8th triple-double in UCLA history.

So far this season Japreece has a 4/1 assist-to-turnover percentage, and is shooting .487. I'll take that from my point guard.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/27/19 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched Depaul a bit yesterday. The funniest thing was that they played the first 6 minutes with a men's ball, then someone noticed and they switched to the women's ball. Haven't seen that one in a long time.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/27/19 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I watched Depaul a bit yesterday. The funniest thing was that they played the first 6 minutes with a men's ball, then someone noticed and they switched to the women's ball. Haven't seen that one in a long time.

Did you notice any difference ?

PostPosted: 11/27/19 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I watched and saw that as well. The funny thing is that we were shooting better with the men’s ball. Shocked

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/27/19 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I always thought the extra weight of the men's ball provided more stability in ball handling. Personally I liked playing with it better and didn't seem to be much difference in shooting with it either. If you're a good shooter, you just automatically make the adjustment.

But it is pretty funny that nobody actually noticed it for that long.

- Amanda Gorman
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 11/28/19 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mizzou continues its post-Cunningham slide falling late to New Mexico. Hayley Frank, a Tiger frosh had 29 points. Sr. Amber Smith played 10 minutes before leaving the game and not returning due to an injury.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 11/28/19 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Squeaking out a game is understandable, but after 1 quarter:

California Baptist 23 Stanford 21

calbearman76

PostPosted: 11/28/19 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shmermerer1 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I watched and saw that as well. The funny thing is that we were shooting better with the men’s ball. :shock:

A few years ago a team in the Colonial played with a men's ball until February. They wound up having to forfeit a few wins for purposes of the conference standings.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/29/19 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baptist giving Stanford all they can eat. Tara took out her starters up 21 in the third, and things went rapidly downhill. Four minutes to go and it's a 2 point game.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/29/19 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

seems like we've forgotten how to pass the ball into the post. Shocked Taking lots of stupid threes and shooting really poorly! Pretty stupid play.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/29/19 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

looks like we will survive, but 17% from three! 4-23. If they play like this against MissSt, we will get shredded. (not to mention tomorrow against Syracuse- yikes!) We really miss Dodson. WOnder if she'll actually be back this year.

- Amanda Gorman
linkster

PostPosted: 11/29/19 12:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
looks like we will survive, but 17% from three! 4-23. If they play like this against MissSt, we will get shredded. (not to mention tomorrow against Syracuse- yikes!) We really miss Dodson. WOnder if she'll actually be back this year.

You are talking about one missing player on a team with a freshman class talented enough to beat most D1 teams by themselves.
Your opponent's tallest player was Ragnheidur Einarsdottir, a 6'2" freshman from basketball crazy Iceland. Try saying that name, not 3 times fast but just once. PA announcers must love her. Very Happy

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/29/19 1:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've never even heard of California Baptist.

They took 40 three-point shots, 58% of their field goals, and made 17 of them. Every Lancer player made at least one, and everyone in the starting lineup made at least two. Damn the paint, full heave ahead. The Cardinal may want to sharpen up their perimeter defense. Satou, Erin, Minyon and Sabrina are salivating.
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/29/19 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
myrtle wrote:

You are talking about one missing player on a team with a freshman class talented enough to beat most D1 teams by themselves.
Your opponent's tallest player was Ragnheidur Einarsdottir, a 6'2" freshman from basketball crazy Iceland. Try saying that name, not 3 times fast but just once. PA announcers must love her. Very Happy

that talented freshman class looked like freshman yesterday. And actually we were missing our senior Carrington as well. Even though she's been playing like shit lately she used to be our best perimeter defender as well as our best slasher. Personally I'm glad they got a scare here. Hopefully it wakes them up a bit. What was really astonishing to me was to see the struggle on offense rather than the lapses in defense. And yeah, the announcer did have problems with Einarsdottir...even though that seems simple to me, compared with some others out there. Anyway if they play like that tonight, Syracuse will eviscerate us and have the remains for leftovers.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 11/29/19 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I've never even heard of California Baptist

They're transitioning into D-I. This is the first year they count towards RPI

PostPosted: 11/29/19 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I've never even heard of California Baptist.

They took 40 three-point shots, 58% of their field goals, and made 17 of them. Every Lancer player made at least one, and everyone in the starting lineup made at least two. Damn the paint, full heave ahead. The Cardinal may want to sharpen up their perimeter defense. Satou, Erin, Minyon and Sabrina are salivating.

As are Aleah, Kat and Destiny. 😁

PostPosted: 11/29/19 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry for duplicate post. This board does not have delete function.

PostPosted: 11/29/19 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Memphis 72 Kansas St 68

Always nice when a lowly American team takes down a P5. That loss won't help the B12 conference RPI.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 11/29/19 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette beats St. Mary's 77-63. They face Tulsa tomorrow in the second game of the St. Mary's tournament.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 11/29/19 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Marquette beats St. Mary's 77-63. They face Tulsa tomorrow in the second game of the St. Mary's tournament.

St Mary's is down a bit from last year, but that is still a good win on the road. Marquette looks like they might be one of the top 2 in the Big East again.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 11/30/19 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dayton misses 2 FTs with 0.8 seconds left in OT down to Auburn 75-74 at the Gulf Coast Showcase. Auburn wins 76-74.

linkster

PostPosted: 11/30/19 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After 3 periods AAC cupcake UCF leads P12 power & #11 UCLA 51-46.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/30/19 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JMU lost to UVA, 55-49, in the Cavalier Classic. The Dukes had a slow start and came back, but were unable to hold the lead and blew it in the 4Q.

PostPosted: 11/30/19 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCF fails to score in the last 4 minutes and UCLA wins 61-56. UCF plated most of the game without their top player KK Wright.

RPI will credit UCLA the same as if they won by 30 but the Bruins didn't look like No 11 today.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/01/19 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

St Mary's is down a bit from last year, but that is still a good win on the road. Marquette looks like they might be one of the top 2 in the Big East again.

I'm not totally sold on that yet Smile. But I'd say they'll be a lot closer to the top than the 9th they were picked in the coaches' preseason poll.

Marquette finished up their weekend at the St. Mary's Tournament with a close 61-60 win over Tulsa. Tulsa went to the line with about 2 seconds to go with a chance to tie or win the game but missed both FT's. Marquette's Lauren Van Kleunen and Selena Lott were named to the all tournament team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: