Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 11/26/19 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Official announcement:

[url]https://www.wnba.com/news/indiana-fever-announce-marianne-stanley-as-new-head-coach

Fixed the URL

https://www.wnba.com/news/indiana-fever-announce-marianne-stanley-as-new-head-coach

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/26/19 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's ... surprising.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/26/19 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Called two things right:
1. Wanted a woman for the coaching position.
2. Catchings wanted to be the GM.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 11/26/19 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any chance Stanley is the quiet unassuming brains behind the operation and the real reason behind the Mystics’ recent success? 🤔

Randy

PostPosted: 11/26/19 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Any chance Stanley is the quiet unassuming brains behind the operation and the real reason behind the Mystics’ recent success? 🤔

You think she figured out how to make Delle Donne and Toliver get homesick?

root_thing

PostPosted: 11/26/19 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Official announcement:

[url]https://www.wnba.com/news/indiana-fever-announce-marianne-stanley-as-new-head-coach

Fixed the URL

https://www.wnba.com/news/indiana-fever-announce-marianne-stanley-as-new-head-coach

Weird. You must have clicked while I was fixing it and got some kind of half post. Surprised

PostPosted: 11/26/19 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.indystar.com/videos/sports/basketball/wnba/fever/2019/11/26/new-fever-coach-lived-basketball-my-whole-life-im-invested-craft/4308321002/

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/26/19 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess Medgal might be a bit credible after all ? He seems to be on a hot streak , i may have to start following. Or nah Laughing

PostPosted: 11/26/19 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I dunno.... if somebody leaks it to Megdal that Stanley is the next head coach and he proceeds to leak it himself rather than letting it be announced when it’s supposed to be announced, is that Megdal being “credible” or self-serving?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/26/19 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I dunno.... if somebody leaks it to Megdal that Stanley is the next head coach and he proceeds to leak it himself rather than letting it be announced when it’s supposed to be announced, is that Megdal being “credible” or self-serving?

Hey im just glad he's giving correct information . Make's him more trustworthy. Not fully but more at least as he starts to gain WNBA clout .

PostPosted: 11/26/19 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

You must not know Marianne Stanley ...

Her issue in the past, as a head coach, has been dealing with the players. I'm guessing, like most of us, she's mellowed as she's aged.

PostPosted: 11/26/19 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder who'll replace Stanley in DC?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
stever

PostPosted: 11/26/19 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Immaculata circa 197?

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 11/27/19 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My guess Sefu Bernard currently Mystics Director of Player Development, Asjha Jones currently Mystics Coordinator Player Development , Bernadette Mattox or Taj McWilliams-Franklin might move to the Mystics bench as assistant coach.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/19/19 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever hire Steve Smith as assistant

PostPosted: 12/19/19 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I had to laugh at the characterization of someone else being self-serving a few posts after listing his guesses that were right and heaping praise on one's self for the correct guesses...

Shades wrote:
Called two things right:
1. Wanted a woman for the coaching position.
2. Catchings wanted to be the GM.

root_thing

PostPosted: 12/19/19 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Fever hire Steve Smith as assistant

That means either the Liberty are down to their final two or Steve Smith was a false report in the first place.

PostPosted: 12/19/19 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone think Diggins-Smith might possibly demand a trade to get back to Indiana?

She's a home girl who stayed home to play at Notre Dame. Seems to be the trend these days with superstars.

(Just asking not saying I think so.)

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/20/19 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Does anyone think Diggins-Smith might possibly demand a trade to get back to Indiana?

She's a home girl who stayed home to play at Notre Dame. Seems to be the trend these days with superstars.

(Just asking not saying I think so.)

It's so hard to say. And technically, Chicago's closer to her South Bend hometown than Indianapolis, but unless Slooty leaves/retires, Wheeler in Indiana is much more expendable/benchable in the rotation than Sloot in Chicago.

It's definitely possible that she demands to go to Indiana, though the team both coming off of a coaching change and being displaced arena-wise for the next few seasons makes them a lot less attractive imo. Even if she does, I still don't know if Indiana should trade for her, despite them having that leverage if she only wants to go there. What exactly is she worth? Objectively speaking, she has missed 70/238 (about 30%) possible games in her career to date and is more likely to re-tear her ACL and/or have another baby in the future than the majority of her league peers who haven't yet done either. And now one has to wonder how those in Indiana's camp feel about her as a person after her possibly ongoing controversy within her own organization. She has a much longer list of pro's and con's (on either side imo) than most players.

Indiana should offer any two players that exclude Teaira McCowan & Kelsey Mitchell. They should only offer a player + first-round pick (2021 if someone good comes out in 2020; 2020 if no one does) if Dallas demands it (and I'm sure they would) and if Indiana does indeed desire Diggins-Smith.

Randy

PostPosted: 12/20/19 7:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To me the cons outweigh the pros. Let her stay in Dallas. I also think (or is it speculate?) that she would prefer to go to NY or LA to further her modeling career.

root_thing

PostPosted: 12/20/19 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I also think (or is it speculate?) that she would prefer to go to NY or LA to further her modeling career.

I get the same feeling. Skylar seems interested in becoming some kind of celebrity beyond basketball. Even if she doesn't prefer LA or NY, I can see Roc Nation pushing her in that direction.

PostPosted: 01/20/20 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did anyone else get a chance to listen to Howard Megdal's interview with Marianne Stanely on LockedOn Women's Basketball, the podcast?

I was shocked that someone who also moonlights as a women's basketball writer for the NYTimes would blatantly miss uh, nearly two decades of her career.

I listened to this part twice to be sure but he blatantly skips over collegiate coaching career, which includes three ODU national championships (2 AIAW, 1 NCAA) and of course a highly publicized resurgence for the USC women's program and the controversial exit in 1993. (Not to mention stops at Penn, Cal and her year at Stanford in 1995-96...)

The way he skipped over it was concerning. He says "and then you spent nearly two decades as an assistant..." AND SHE DIDN'T CORRECT HIM.

Need women's basketball media figures to really prepare and research before they got on the phone with a legendary coach. Sorry, but it's a highly key part of her career and frankly, would have been fantastic to hear about the way she built the ODU program and her thoughts on coaching Lieberman, Niessen, etc. and then the improbable run to the '85 title with Claxton and Dixon and a baby Adrienne Goodson. Not sure she talks about Southern California at this point publicly but you never know, but certianly would have been cool to hear about her stepping in for Vanderveer while she coached the USA team.

Just feels like a missed opportunity. And I don't think Mechelle Voepel or Michelle Smith would have glossed over this TWENTY PERIOD OF HER CAREER and erroneously claimed she was a collegiate assistant. Assistant??

Dude, she's one of the most successful collegiate coaches in the game?

Rant over. Indiana Fever need to hire a PR person who can correct this stuff.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/20/20 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Randy wrote:
I also think (or is it speculate?) that she would prefer to go to NY or LA to further her modeling career.

I get the same feeling. Skylar seems interested in becoming some kind of celebrity beyond basketball. Even if she doesn't prefer LA or NY, I can see Roc Nation pushing her in that direction.

It is not the biggest market but a location I could see Skylar enlarging her "outside of basketball" brand would be Atl.

#4 and something (Hayes, Breland, E. wiil, a core McCoughtry) maybe?

Anyway not related to Indy not trying to derail.

what would be a decent offer for Diggins-Smith from Indy #3 and Wheeler?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/20/20 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Randy wrote:

It is not the biggest market but a location I could see Skylar enlarging her "outside of basketball" brand would be Atl.

#4 and something (Hayes, Breland, E. wiil, a core McCoughtry) maybe?

Anyway not related to Indy not trying to derail.

what would be a decent offer for Diggins-Smith from Indy #3 and Wheeler?

That would depend on early entrants, I think. If No. 3 is someone like Montpremier? Sure. If it ends up being Cox or Sabally, maybe not.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/08/20 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Fever posted this video of Laney yesterday. It’s a year in review video that they probably produced months ago. Unless the Fever are trying to fool people, could this recent upload be an indication that they signed this U
RFA?
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/30vgTxajWgQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: