RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Democratic Presidential Primary Candidates 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/24/19 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bloomburg's in.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/11/24/michael-bloomberg-presidential-campaign-announcement/4290486002/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
pilight

PostPosted: 11/26/19 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just to give you an idea what Buttigieg is up against when trying to win some black votes:

https://www.theroot.com/pete-buttigieg-is-a-lying-mf-1840038708

PostPosted: 11/26/19 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Warren nosedives in new Quinnipac poll; Buttigieg (barely) in second place

Quote:
Sen. Elizabeth Warren's support among Democratic primary voters nationwide plunged 50 percent over the past month, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll, signaling that the shake-ups in the primary field are far from over.

Former Vice President Joe Biden has retaken the lead in the poll after an autumn that saw him surrender his solid frontrunner status, climbing 3 points to earn 24 percent in the poll. Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Ind., surged into second, rising 6 points to 16 percent, with Warren and Sen. Bernie Sanders not far behind at 14 and 13 percent, respectively.

But Warren's plummet — 14 points since the previous Quinnipiac poll taken a month ago — represents a brutal dive as the first nominating contests of 2020 inch closer. Warren has come under fire over the past few months since a summertime ascendance lifted her into the top tier of the primary field. She has received particularly intense scrutiny for her “Medicare for All” plan, including how she would pay for it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/26/warren-nosedives-buttigieg-climbs-poll-074054

PostPosted: 11/27/19 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pete Buttigieg Is a Lying MF

Quote:
Presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg is a lucky motherfucker, too.

He attended one of the best private schools in the country that was quite literally on the campus of one of the best colleges in the country, University of Notre Dame, where his father worked as a professor for 29 years. His mother taught at an even better, more elite school. And if you ask how he got into Harvard or became a Rhodes Scholar, Mayor Pete would probably insist that it had nothing to do with whiteness. He would likely tell you that he valued education and had great role models, both of which are probably true. There is no question that he is intelligent, hard-working and well-educated.

But he didn’t have to jump a ditch.

So, when a clip surfaced of Buttigieg explaining why negro kids fail at school so often, his answer made perfect sense.

“Kids need to see evidence that education is going to work for them,” Buttigieg explained whitely, when he was running for mayor in 2011. You’re motivated because you believe that at the end of your education, there is a reward; there’s a stable life; there’s a job. And there are a lot of kids—especially [in] the lower-income, minority neighborhoods, who literally just haven’t seen it work. There isn’t someone who they know personally who testifies to the value of education.”

I want to be clear: Pete Buttigieg is a lying motherfucker.

This is not a misunderstanding. This is not a misstatement. Pete Buttigieg went to the best educational institutions America has to offer and he—more than anyone on the goddamned planet—knows that everything he just said is a baldfaced lie.

Majority-minority schools receive $23 billion less in funding than majority-white schools, according to a recent study by EdBuild. Black students in Indiana, the state where Buttigieg serves as mayor, and across the country, are disciplined more harshly than white students. But even though Buttigieg has never attended a school with more than 10 percent black students, he thinks he knows what’s stopping black kids from achieving their educational dreams.

Apparently, it’s not the fact that the unemployment rate for black college graduates is twice as high as the unemployment rate for white grads. Black college graduates are paid 80 cents for every dollar a white person with the same education earns. White people leave college with lower debt and higher earnings. White kids get more resources, more advanced classes and have access to more technology. But Pete says it could all be solved with a vision-board.

Mayor Pete’s bullshittery is not just wrong, it is proof.

It proves men like him are more willing to perpetuate the fantastic narrative of negro neighborhoods needing more role models and briefcase-carriers than make the people in power stare into the sun and see the blinding light of racism. Get-along moderates would rather make shit up out of whole cloth than wade into the waters of reality. Pete Buttigieg doesn’t want to change anything. He just wants to be something.

https://www.theroot.com/pete-buttigieg-is-a-lying-mf-1840038708

PostPosted: 11/27/19 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Buttigieg actually called Harriot to clear the air

https://www.theroot.com/pete-buttigieg-called-me-heres-what-happened-1840055464

Quote:
The voice sounded vaguely familiar and I knew it wasn’t a surrogate or a campaign volunteer when the person said:

“I don’t think I’ve ever been called a ‘lying motherfucker’ before.”

It was Pete Buttigieg.

PostPosted: 11/27/19 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:
The voice sounded vaguely familiar and I knew it wasn’t a surrogate or a campaign volunteer when the person said:

It was Pete Buttigieg.

And from that article:
Quote:
And, as I told the mayor, the article wasn’t meant to inspire outrage. Its purpose was to make a necessary point about black voters and real issues. There is no way that I can know if he is genuinely interested in engaging black voters, attacking discrimination or crossing the racial divide. There are an infinite number of candidates who have waded into black barbershops or sashayed into black pulpits to assure us that they were on our side when they were only interested in our vote. I am not smart or prescient enough to tell the difference.

The only thing I actually know about Pete Buttigieg is that he is a white man.

But Pete Buttigieg listened, which is all you can ask a white man to do.

Unless, of course, he wants to fight.

All very interesting. The part that puzzles me most is why oh WHY do Black Americans back JOE BIDEN over Pete?? Is it the shallow nostalgia of his association with Obama?

I'd think Pete is a far better choice for getting somewhere closer to Real Reform on Racism than Biden. When you've lived your life, and made your way, as a gay white man--even as a privileged one--in the uber heterosexual milieu that was his, you're gonna be far more inclined to be receptive to alternative perspectives, and be open to LISTENING, which is at least a beginning.

PostPosted: 11/28/19 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

It was Pete Buttigieg.

And from that article:
Quote:
And, as I told the mayor, the article wasn’t meant to inspire outrage. Its purpose was to make a necessary point about black voters and real issues. There is no way that I can know if he is genuinely interested in engaging black voters, attacking discrimination or crossing the racial divide. There are an infinite number of candidates who have waded into black barbershops or sashayed into black pulpits to assure us that they were on our side when they were only interested in our vote. I am not smart or prescient enough to tell the difference.

The only thing I actually know about Pete Buttigieg is that he is a white man.

But Pete Buttigieg listened, which is all you can ask a white man to do.

Unless, of course, he wants to fight.

All very interesting. The part that puzzles me most is why oh WHY do Black Americans back JOE BIDEN over Pete?? Is it the shallow nostalgia of his association with Obama?

I'd think Pete is a far better choice for getting somewhere closer to Real Reform on Racism than Biden. When you've lived your life, and made your way, as a gay white man--even as a privileged one--in the uber heterosexual milieu that was his, you're gonna be far more inclined to be receptive to alternative perspectives, and be open to LISTENING, which is at least a beginning.

I suggest you dig into Pete's history a little more. He says a lot of the right things but his actions, particularly in criminal justice, are not good.

Part of Joe's popularity amongst black voters is, of course, name recognition. At the end of the day, he's been better for the black community than Warren or Sanders.

I still think one of Harris or Booker will make a big push at it. (Harris, for example, only has 60% name recognition, compared to the top 3s 96% name recognition)

PostPosted: 11/29/19 12:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
I suggest you dig into Pete's history a little more. He says a lot of the right things but his actions, particularly in criminal justice, are not good.

But are "his actions" the kind of things that reflect an inexperienced politician who's made mistakes he no longer stands by, and has reformed his views on? And if he should be the eventual nominee, is he someone that African Americans might still not go with, choosing Donald instead? Pete can't POSSIBLY be worse than Trump for blacks in America.

mercfan3 wrote:
Part of Joe's popularity amongst black voters is, of course, name recognition. At the end of the day, he's been better for the black community than Warren or Sanders.
I'm curious....what exactly has Biden done/enacted that Warren or Sanders couldn't, or that they might otherwise undermine? How has he been better, or have more to offer?

PostPosted: 11/29/19 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kamala's staffers are abandoning ship due to the direction of the campaign and mistreatment of staff:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/29/us/politics/kamala-harris-2020.html

Shades

PostPosted: 11/30/19 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_Hx78rB4slU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mercfan3

PostPosted: 12/01/19 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s funny how every time Harris gets any momentum, there is an almost systemic negative press response.

That person is being payed by the Bloomberg campaign now, btw.

PostPosted: 12/03/19 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kamala Harris Drops Out of 2020 Presidential Race

Quote:
Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) shocked the 2020 campaign on Tuesday by announcing her departure from the race.

The senator informed her staff on a phone call, less than an hour after it was reported that the campaign canceled a big-money New York City fundraiser scheduled for Tuesday evening.

“To my supporters, it is with deep regret—but also with deep gratitude—that I am suspending my campaign today,” Harris said in a statement posted to Medium. “But I want to be clear with you: I will keep fighting every day for what this campaign has been about. Justice for the People. All the people.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kamala-harris-drops-out-of-2020-presidential-race?source=articles&via=rss

PostPosted: 12/03/19 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not good. There goes our best shot at getting Biden out of the nomination.

PostPosted: 12/03/19 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Harris never found a response to the truth bomb laid on her by Gabbard in the second debate

PostPosted: 12/03/19 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 12/04/19 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Joe Biden: 'Of course' I would consider Kamala Harris as VP pick

Quote:
(CNN)Former Vice President Joe Biden said Wednesday he would consider Sen. Kamala Harris as a potential running mate, a day after she dropped out of the presidential race.

"Of course I would," Biden said. "Look, Sen. Harris has the capacity to be anything she wants to be. I mean it sincerely. I talked to her yesterday. She's solid, she can be president someday herself, she can be vice president, she could go on to be a Supreme Court justice, she could be attorney general. I mean she has enormous capability."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/04/politics/joe-biden-kamala-harris-vp-pick/index.html?utm_source=twCNN&utm_content=2019-12-04T20%3A36%3A08&utm_medium=social&utm_term=link

PostPosted: 12/04/19 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Joe Biden: 'Of course' I would consider Kamala Harris as VP pick

Quote:
(CNN)Former Vice President Joe Biden said Wednesday he would consider Sen. Kamala Harris as a potential running mate, a day after she dropped out of the presidential race.

"Of course I would," Biden said. "Look, Sen. Harris has the capacity to be anything she wants to be. I mean it sincerely. I talked to her yesterday. She's solid, she can be president someday herself, she can be vice president, she could go on to be a Supreme Court justice, she could be attorney general. I mean she has enormous capability."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/04/politics/joe-biden-kamala-harris-vp-pick/index.html?utm_source=twCNN&utm_content=2019-12-04T20%3A36%3A08&utm_medium=social&utm_term=link

Ehhhh. I'd prefer him pick Buttigeig.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Howee

PostPosted: 12/04/19 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I'd prefer Buttigieg pick Harris as a running mate, and call it a day. Laughing

PostPosted: 12/05/19 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ghxo7jS4Sxg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 12/05/19 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Biden and Buttigeig? No god, please, no.

But they WILL get my vote: Blue no matter who. (except you, Tulsi).

PostPosted: 12/05/19 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Howee wrote:
toad455 wrote:

X________

Is she really blue though?

My unpopular opinion - i was glad Clinton stepped aside for the younger generation of Democrats...since the other old white folks refused to do so, i'm definitely cool with her jumping in late.

PostPosted: 12/07/19 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NkARPanAHIQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/08/19 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Howee wrote:
toad455 wrote:

X________

My unpopular opinion - i was glad Clinton stepped aside for the younger generation of Democrats...since the other old white folks refused to do so, i'm definitely cool with her jumping in late.

Seriously, no. Unlike everyone else running, Clinton has proven she can't beat Trump. You don't get a second chance when the stakes are so high.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/08/19 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I listened to a long interview with Michael Bloomberg yesterday. Never liked him much as the nanny mayor of NYC, but compared to most of the left wing socialist and SJW candidates running with no realistic substantive policy ideas whatsoever, he sounded quite rational.

More and more, it seems possible that no candidate will get enough pledged delegates for the nomination. That means the superdelegates could select the nominee, but I have no idea who would have the most superdelegates, unlike last time when Hillary for some reason had the vast majority of them. If even the superdelegates are not enough to select a nominee, then there could be a wide open Democrat convention that could literally select anyone: Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Michelle Obama, Barack Obama, Oprah, Colin Kaepernick, Al Gore, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer . . . AOC (sorry, she's not old enough).

Exciting times.
mercfan3

PostPosted: 12/09/19 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Howee wrote:
toad455 wrote:

X________

Seriously, no. Unlike everyone else running, Clinton has proven she can't beat Trump. You don't get a second chance when the stakes are so high.

We're down to people who are going to struggle (Unless one of the younger ones takes it).

We'll be left with Clinton's weaknesses +, and none of her strengths.

Bernie and Biden (and the fucking billionaires) shouldn't be running though, that's my larger point. Laughing

edit: And..she's polling higher than all of them with registered Democrats.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 26 of 43

Jump to: