RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kennesaw Mountain State player charged...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Youth Coach

PostPosted: 11/24/19 10:12 am    ::: Kennesaw Mountain State player charged... Reply Reply with quote

Just saw this story this morning, not sure if it has been posted before but my jaw dropped when I saw multiple murder charges for Kamiyah Street.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/24/19 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whoa!! Shocked

That's some serious shit!!!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/24/19 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very odd.....link doesn't show up in your post, showed up when I tried to quote you to say so but I couldn't click on it. I did go to Yahoo sports and found the story, wowzers. Needless to say, she is a FORMER player now!

PostPosted: 11/24/19 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A little more here. Street and 4 others have been arrested for the shooting of 2 men this summer.

https://www.tribuneledgernews.com/local_news/state_and_national/ksu-hoops-star-charged-in-southwest-atlanta-shooting/article_b26345d1-c849-5deb-bd88-eec6c4949acb.html

Matt5762

PostPosted: 11/24/19 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. Seemed Agnus was really making some headway with that program, but this is about as huge a setback as you can imagine.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/24/19 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Having one a**hole on your team mess up does not completely destroy your program.

Last edited by summertime blues on 11/25/19 1:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pureformofthegame

PostPosted: 11/24/19 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Having one a**hole on your team mess up does not completely destroy your program. A few years back one of the MTSU players murdered her roommate, and that program is still cruising along, or doesn't anyone remember that?

I didn't think so.

Delete this post please. A MTSU player (Tina Stewart)was murdered by her roommate (Shanterrica Madden) who was not a player, or an athlete of any sort for that matter.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story?id=8175023&_slug_=shanterrica-madden-sentenced-29-years-prison-fatally-stabbing-middle-tennessee-state-tina-stewart

Last edited by Pureformofthegame on 11/24/19 5:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Joe Foss

PostPosted: 11/24/19 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Having one a**hole on your team mess up does not completely destroy your program. A few years back one of the MTSU players murdered her roommate, and that program is still cruising along, or doesn't anyone remember that?

I didn't think so.

You're right, I don't remember that. I do remember that Tina Stewart, a guard on MTSU's team, was stabbed to death by her roommate, who was not on the team.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tina-stewart-mtsu-guard-stabbed-to-death/

PostPosted: 11/24/19 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I almost posted this last night when I saw a reporter from a local news channel tweet about it. Here is his report: https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cobb-county/kennesaw-state-women-s-basketball-player-arrested-on-murder-charges/1011788159

As for this being a setback, I think it can be rough going for the team. She was the starting point guard, team leader, big scorer. To have that gone, and for that reason, has to be a tough thing. Now, they have a legend as their coach, so that can help, but this goes beyond a distraction.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/25/19 1:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HERE is the arrest sheet, which specifies the eight charges against Street.

Note that three charges are for felony murder and, from recent news reports, that six males have also been arrested. This probably means that the police are not sure who pulled the trigger(s) that killed the victim.

Most people are completely unaware of the felony murder rule and are shocked when they understand it. The rule says that if you are merely an accomplice to some felony, you are liable for murder if a victim dies during the felony -- even if the death was not caused by you, even if you had no intent to kill, and even if the death was accidental. You don't even have to have been present at the crime scene if you helped plan or conspired to perform the felony.

For example, suppose A, B and C plan and conspire to rob D. A stays at home while B and C attempt the robbery. C shoots and kills D -- a total surprise to and never intended by A or B. Both A and B can be charged with felony murder just as C can be charged with actual murder. If D dies simply from an accidental fall while running away from the attempted robbery, A, B and C can all potentially be charged with felony murder.

This is all just meant to be informational. It may take a very long time to sort out the facts and for the final verdicts.
Randy

PostPosted: 11/26/19 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glenn - I'd say at least of half the guys charged with murder on First 48 would never be charged if they talked to you before talking to the police. They confess to Felony Murder all the time w/o even knowing it. "I was just the getaway car driver, I had no idea my buddy was going the shoot anyone...." I think I have even seen case(s) where the guy is charged with Felony murder when one of the other perpetrators is killed by the intended victim.

BTW - it is interesting that Street was arrested a few days before the others - maybe she is going to cop a plea in exchange for turning in the others.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/26/19 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Given the number of people involved, it sounds gang-related, which may be a disincentive for anyone to rat out their associates.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/26/19 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pureformofthegame wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

I didn't think so.

Delete this post please. A MTSU player (Tina Stewart)was murdered by her roommate (Shanterrica Madden) who was not a player, or an athlete of any sort for that matter.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story?id=8175023&_slug_=shanterrica-madden-sentenced-29-years-prison-fatally-stabbing-middle-tennessee-state-tina-stewart

Edited. I do seem to recall one someplace that did involve a player, but it may have been MBB after all. Mea culpa. In any case, one bad apple doesn't ruin an entire program.

PostPosted: 11/26/19 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
BTW - it is interesting that Street was arrested a few days before the others - maybe she is going to cop a plea in exchange for turning in the others.

Yes, there could be some interesting factual scenarios including plea deals.

Suppose Street and six men approached the victim for some sort of felony -- for example, robbery, assault, battery -- and one of them deliberately or accidentally killed the victim. Suppose further that all seven suspects stay completely silent and say nothing to the police, based on attorney advice or just common sense. In such a scenario, the police may have a very hard time determining who the shooter is.

Of course, all seven suspects can be charged with felony murder.

However, in such a case, in order to identify who committed the actual murder or other felonies, the prosecutor may start offering plea deals to anyone who confesses the true facts. For example, the prosecutor could apply a lot of pressure by saying that the first two suspects who identify (rat out) the actual shooter, and only those two suspects, will have charges dropped to a minimum.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/27/19 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Multiple news reports have said this was a targeted shooting. To me, that means a felony murder charge is justified for the whole group.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: