RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2020 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/14/19 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've seen a couple of Maryland games. Charles hasn't really looked all that great IMO....especially against the halfway decent team.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/14/19 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I've seen a couple of Maryland games. Charles hasn't really looked all that great IMO....especially against the halfway decent team.

Yeah im not seeing Top 5 . Ive honestly never seen it just kind of the best of the rest. She's a solid 3 , reminds me of a young swin cash .

PostPosted: 11/14/19 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Te’a Cooper with 23 pts, 10 ast, 4 stl tonight
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=28082461&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing

PostPosted: 11/14/19 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep, and she did it against the Huskies... the Houston Baptist Huskies.

PostPosted: 11/15/19 7:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There’s a couple good things that can be derived from that performance. It’s the first game without Lauren Cox. So she’s feeling the need to step it up on the scoring side. She scored all 23 of her points in the first half, and played a total of 27 minutes in the game.

Another thing is the effort shown in the video. She wouldn’t have to play that hard against this level of competition but the effort is still there.... not playing down to the competition.

USF is up next for Baylor. They took down Texas. That should be an interesting game to observe. USF is typically known for good guard play.

root_thing

PostPosted: 11/15/19 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have nothing personal against Cooper. I just think she's been over-hyped given her very mediocre performance history. If she has a great final year, then I'm willing to change my mind. I did it with Natasha Howard and I did it with Victoria Vivians. I thought Howard was soft as a junior, and I thought Vivians was simply a high volume chucker. They both became different players as seniors, so I willingly reevaluated. However, Cooper needs to do more than have a great game against Houston Baptist. They were a 4-14 team last year in the Southland Conference, which is currently the 26th ranked conference in the country. We can't even call them mid-major, that's more like low-minor.

PostPosted: 11/15/19 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
I have nothing personal against Cooper. I just think she's been over-hyped given her very mediocre performance history. If she has a great final year, then I'm willing to change my mind. I did it with Natasha Howard and I did it with Victoria Vivians. I thought Howard was soft as a junior, and I thought Vivians was simply a high volume chucker. They both became different players as seniors, so I willingly reevaluated. However, Cooper needs to do more than have a great game against Houston Baptist. They were a 4-14 team last year in the Southland Conference, which is currently the 26th ranked conference in the country. We can't even call them mid-major, that's more like low-minor.

Laughing Laughing low-minor

Randy

PostPosted: 11/15/19 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

Can someone refresh my memory - how many schools did she end up going to?

I recall (maybe) TN, SC, and now Baylor. I'm thinking NC was in there too.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 11/16/19 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper is a 5'8" player who doesn't pass very well and isn't a dominant scorer. She's transferred multiple times as well. She has ability but it hasn't translated into anything approaching WNBA performance. And she's has off-court issues too. To succeed in the WNBA this type of player has to reinvent her game. That's the type of thing that'll need to be evaluated over the course of the season, as well as evaluating how she adjusts to playing with Cox as opposed to playing without her. Improvement is obviously possible, I just think it's got to be evaluated over a larger sample and set of circumstances.

PostPosted: 11/16/19 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
root_thing wrote:

Can someone refresh my memory - how many schools did she end up going to?

I recall (maybe) TN, SC, and now Baylor. I'm thinking NC was in there too.

She committed to UNC in either 7th or 8th grade and re-opened her recruitment her junior year. There was some controversy concerning the connection between that her re-opening her recruitment and her high school teammate Diamond DeShields eventual transfer from UNC.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/17/19 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=28104134&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 11/18/19 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

By halftime Sunday, @ArizonaWBB guard Aari McDonald l(above) led No. 22 Texas 22-19 by herself. Then she scored 22 more after the break on her way to a school-record 44 points.
https://twitter.com/ESPN_WomenHoop/status/1196429610810007552?s=20

toad455

PostPosted: 11/18/19 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McDonald can be another early entry for the 2020 draft and shake things up. Maybe a late first-rounder to Washington?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
root_thing

PostPosted: 11/18/19 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McDonald is certainly a better prospect than some of the other people mentioned as potential 1st Round picks. However, it's always easy to love a player after she just had a career game. Aari hit her jump shots yesterday, but that hasn't always been the case. There's no doubt she can beat people off the dribble or go coast-to-coast against napping defenses. The question is if she can hit enough outside shots to keep defenses honest at the next level. McDonald will also face better rim protectors in the WNBA, where being 5-6/5-7 will be more of a disadvantage. Throw in the fact that she's a shoot-first point guard who has put up only mediocre assist numbers with a subpar career ATO of 1.13 (223 assists vs 197 turnovers). McDonald is a great one-woman show, but you have to wonder how she fits into a team concept. Unlike Chennedy Carter, Aari has never played on a USA Basketball team so we haven't seen her forced to share the ball. At Washington, she subbed for Kelsey Plum who was, of course, another ball-dominant player. When they were on the court together, McDonald played PG, but it looked more like an opportunity for Kelsey to get some rest while remaining in the game.

PostPosted: 11/18/19 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I find the release on her shots to be a little a problematic. She holds the ball quite far away from her body, and she seems to hold the shot for a split second before she releases.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/18/19 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm hoping Georgia Tech's Francesca Pan (6'1 guard out of Italy) has a breakout year. A former ACC Freshman of the Year, she really seemed to plateau the past two seasons, though who knows how much of it was due to how long she had had tensions with MaChelle Joseph (before it all publicly came to a head towards the end of last season, of course).
This year, both Pan (20.6 PPG, 46% 3PT in the first three games) and Georgia Tech (3-0 and coming off of a blowout win at Georgia) have had a fantastic start to this very young season. Hopefully Nell Fortner continues to improve the team culture while elevating Pan and the rest of the team to a higher level. Seems like a good opportunity this year while the ACC is sort of in flux.

Speaking of other ACC teams, even though Duke looks like it could be a full-blown sh!t show this year, I see that Leaonna Odom recently made her first 3-point shots as a collegiate...

LibFan25

PostPosted: 11/30/19 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@SkyDigg4: Satou Sabally was the most league-ready (body, athleticism, composure, 2-way player, etc.) we faced on the college tour so far. IMO

This is facts. I'm on the Satou train. Most impressed, enjoyable player to watch for me so far...

toad455

PostPosted: 11/30/19 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
@SkyDigg4: Satou Sabally was the most league-ready (body, athleticism, composure, 2-way player, etc.) we faced on the college tour so far. IMO

This is facts. I'm on the Satou train. Most impressed, enjoyable player to watch for me so far...

This is why I think she goes ahead of Lauren Cox.

toad455

PostPosted: 12/01/19 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Twitter has been buzzing a bit with the prospect of Sabally going #2. Gives Dallas a big line up. Does Cox automatically go #3? Or does Indiana look at Chennedy Carter?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/01/19 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

This is why I think she goes ahead of Lauren Cox.

This is also why you nor Skylar are not apart of the WFO.

PostPosted: 12/01/19 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now if we’re talking a scenario where we can get both Cox and Satou then I’m all aboard. Allisha Gray can be used as bait for #3?

PostPosted: 12/01/19 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Now if we’re talking a scenario where we can get both Cox and Satou then I’m all aboard. Allisha Gray can be used as bait for #3?

Not happening. Gray plus any pieces Dallas has isn't worth it. Dallas with Sabally instead of Cox:

PG: Diggins/Jefferson
SG: Ogunbowale/Gray/Hill
SF: Sabally/Thornton
PF: Johnson/Stevens
C: Harrison/McGee-Stafford
Plus one of Anigwe, McCarty-Williams, Davis, Gustafson and the #7 pick.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/02/19 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Ummm .. No.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/19/19 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This might raise Juicy Landrum’s stock.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=28330015&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/20/19 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've always enjoyed watching Juicy, but let's see her do that against a real team before we go ga-ga over her.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 14 of 59

Jump to: