2020 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 11/11/19 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Dallas would have to give her serious consideration at #2 this year despite it not being a need position.

They should draft Carter and trade Diggins for something good.

If they were to trade Diggins to the Sparks, maybe they could get Kalani Brown plus the rights to Iagupova in return.

That would add two more Texas-schooled players to the team.

Another idea is to send Diggins and whatever it takes to Indiana to try to acquire McCowan, but Indiana would be crazy to give up McCowan. Nobody like her.

Indiana is not going to give up McCowan, but they might consider some sort of pack that involves Diggins and the No. 3.

Matty, you would be fine with the Fever giving up potentially Sabally to acquire Diggins?

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 11/11/19 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

If Carter and Sabally both come out, I'm not convinced Lauren Cox will still be taken No. 2.

It’s a long season.

Shades,

What's your pick for Dallas @ 2 & 9???

Shades

PostPosted: 11/11/19 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Shades wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

If Carter and Sabally both come out, I'm not convinced Lauren Cox will still be taken No. 2.

It’s a long season.

Shades,

I just gave one idea. Dallas can go a lot of ways. Free agency comes before the draft, so if Dallas puts Diggins on the market and gets something really good for her (not involving another guard), that leaves the door open for grabbing Carter at #2. If Dallas wants to keep all their current key guards, that pretty much slams the door on the Carter idea.

That brings it down to a choice between Sabally (who I don’t think is entering early anyway) and Cox. I think you gotta go with the championship winning homegirl who you’ll not likely have to worry about wanting to leave or worry about her national team obligations, unless she turns Japanese or something like that.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 11/11/19 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I bet Satou could get her US Citizenship back. Heck, the IRS probably will consider her a citizen as soon as she gets a paycheck.

toad455

PostPosted: 11/11/19 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sabally in Indiana gives them a big lineup if she plays SF. Have Achonwa as the main post off the bench covering both PF & C.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 11/11/19 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I bet Satou could get her US Citizenship back. Heck, the IRS probably will consider her a citizen as soon as she gets a paycheck.

She's already played internationally for Germany so either way, she's ineligible for the USNT. If that's what you were implying.

Randy

PostPosted: 11/11/19 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You are taking my comment more seriously than I did. However, I understand she played 3x3 for Germany. Hayes played 3x3 for Azerbaijan and was invited to the USA camp but turned it down. Of course, if Satou played for the 5x5 GNT, that would probably mean she a German 5x5 purposes. (I also think the Hayes invite was a bit questionable anyway.)

Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/11/19 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You can probably watch her playing for Germany against North Macedonia on Thursday this week if that'll finalise things for everyone Wink.

PostPosted: 11/11/19 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the rise of populism around the world, you never know if Sabally might get chased out of Germany and become a refugee. Then she could qualify to switch countries under the Marginal Cases clause. Wink

PostPosted: 11/11/19 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Shades wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

It’s a long season.

Shades,

I just gave one idea. Dallas can go a lot of ways. Free agency comes before the draft, so if Dallas puts Diggins on the market and gets something really good for her (not involving another guard), that leaves the door open for grabbing Carter at #2. If Dallas wants to keep all their current key guards, that pretty much slams the door on the Carter idea.

That brings it down to a choice between Sabally (who I don’t think is entering early anyway) and Cox. I think you gotta go with the championship winning homegirl who you’ll not likely have to worry about wanting to leave or worry about her national team obligations, unless she turns Japanese or something like that.

My hope is to grab Carter, T. Martin, R. Hebard and B. Brewer.

Randy

PostPosted: 11/11/19 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now I'm hoping Carter and Sabally stay in school. Probably only chance for Dream to get them is to be in the lottery again for the 2021 draft.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/11/19 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Now I'm hoping Carter and Sabally stay in school. Probably only chance for Dream to get them is to be in the lottery again for the 2021 draft.

Well if they both declare you'd at least have the chance to draft one of Ionescu, Cox, Carter or Sabally. If one or both stay in school you could miss out both this year and next.

PostPosted: 11/11/19 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good point - just ask the Fever. Evil or Very Mad

stever

PostPosted: 11/12/19 10:08 am    ::: A Swaggering Scorer Revives Hoop Dreams at Arkansas Reply Reply with quote

https://www.ozy.com/the-huddle/a-coachs-concoction-rises-from-the-ashes/224928/

Quote:
Hers is a pro-style game of dribble drive, aggressiveness, mental toughness, draw a foul, stand on the line, bang down points … and do it again and again.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/12/19 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Dungee wants a pro career to help out her mom. In the meantime, she’s helping the Razorbacks get to the next level. After their 22 wins last year (the most in seven seasons), the Hogs were ranked No. 22 in the country entering the season. “The emergence of Arkansas has a lot to do with her; she didn’t get frustrated with having to build a program” Peck says.

Maybe she wants to help her mom sooner than later.

root_thing

PostPosted: 11/12/19 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to confess that I never heard of Chelsea Dungee before the SEC Tournament. However, she was really impressive over that handful of games. Dungee reminds me of Aerial Powers with her aggressiveness off the dribble. Assuming she's mostly like the player I saw in the tournament, and if Dungee comes out early, I think she'll be a mid-1st Round pick. Based on limited viewing, I like her a lot better than other players being mentioned: Pivec, Slocum, Te'a Cooper, and even Kaila Charles.

PostPosted: 11/12/19 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Apparently UConn juniors Megan Walker and Evina Westbrook are eligible for the 2020 draft. I don't believe that they are coming out, but where do the hypothetically go in the first round if they did decide to enter the draft?

Last edited by Davis4632 on 11/13/19 1:11 am; edited 2 times in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/12/19 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
Apparently UConn juniors Megan Walker and Evina Westbrook are eligible to for 2020. I don't believe that they are coming out, but where do the hypothetically go in the first round if they did decide to enter the draft.

Both should stay in school for 1 more year. Carter & Saboully are pro-ready . Not sure i can say the same for either Evina or Megan at this point.

PostPosted: 11/13/19 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lauren Cox has “a stress reaction to the second metatarsal in her right foot & is out indefinitely.“
https://twitter.com/juscarts/status/1194707905750224896?s=21

My personal research
Quote:
A stress reaction is the precursor to a stress fracture. While at the stress-reaction stage, the bone structure is breaking down and becoming weaker, but does not actually contain any fracture. A stress fracture means the structure of the bone has been compromised by a crack or fracture.

Recoverers time:
4-12 weeks.

Updated with Voepel’s take:
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28073661/baylor-cox-least-game-foot-injury

Last edited by Shades on 11/13/19 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 11/13/19 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is she starting too look too injury prone to be a lottery pick?

root_thing

PostPosted: 11/13/19 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cox also has Type 1 Diabetes, which I seem to recall has caused her to miss an occasional game or dial back her minutes. Health is obviously a consideration, but unless some players decide to come out early, Cox is still likely to be a lottery pick as things stand now.

PostPosted: 11/13/19 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Cox also has Type 1 Diabetes, which I seem to recall has caused her to miss an occasional game or dial back her minutes. Health is obviously a consideration, but unless some players decide to come out early, Cox is still likely to be a lottery pick as things stand now.

Depending on early entries, she could slip below No. 2, but it is inconceivable to me that Cox won't be a lottery pick.

toad455

PostPosted: 11/13/19 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Is she starting too look too injury prone to be a lottery pick?

Only if Carter & Sabally don't enter. They both enter and she could slip to #5 with someone like Mompremier, Hebert or Charles having a standout senior season.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 11/14/19 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades

PostPosted: 11/14/19 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 13 of 59

Jump to: