RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tennessee @ Notre Dame (16) - 11/11/19
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Tennessee
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Notre Dame
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

CBiebel

PostPosted: 11/11/19 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Marta Sniezak is such a solid kid....prolly never be a star, but played her heart out at Stanford, and deserves to be on a solid team--she'll hopefully be able to make more of a contribution at ND than she could at Stanford.

I'm really liking Sniezak. She might not get the hardware at ND this year, but she'll likely be a reason for hardware ND could get in the following seasons. She's going to be a great mentor to ND's young guards this year.

Howee wrote:

Davis just rocked. Cool

Yes, unfortunately for ND... Confused

Howee wrote:

I also found Kelly Harper's demeanor on the sideline a nice change-up from Holly's persona--I know she meant well, but she typically struck me as being so pressured, and frazzled. Kelly took it all in stride, and seemed to give a great encouraging energy to the kids.

Later in the game when ND started to make a run to bring it within single digits, I was thinking that if UT still had Warlick coaching, ND probably could have pulled it out.

Howee wrote:

These 2 teams may surprise a ton o' folks with progress made by February.

Agreed, especially if Vaughn comes back fairly strong for ND.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 11/11/19 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:
ucbart wrote:
linkster wrote:
ucbart wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Poor Sniezek. She should have multiple assists but ND can't buy a bucket.

Brunelle has talent, but she may struggle against top-25 competition. She is very slow and unathletic.

She could end up as another McBride, but bigger. And that isn't bad.

What? McBide is an absolute stud and was in college.

That is my point. I meant it as a compliment. McBride isn't 6'2" either.

Dont Think UC was complimenting at all with the comments.

I meant that she seems slow and not very athletic. While she clearly has a lot of basketball talent, the speed of top-25 teams might hinder her. Nothing more, nothing less. Please don't insinuate things based on my opinions or attempt to put words in my mouth. If you disagree, give reasons why. Thanks.

Keep in mind that she is playing out of position for the most part and is just starting out on the college level. She's playing the 5 when she's more naturally a 3.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/12/19 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought Sniezek looked very good and I don't know why some of y'all are talking her down. She is really solid and was everywhere. Brunelle looked nervous and like she isn't quite there yet. She'll get there.

This is the first chance I've had to get a good look at the Lady Vols and I was quite pleasantly surprised. I can sure see the difference in Kellie's coaching. They have a lot more speed and energy and really pounded the boards. I also noted that KK has dropped some pounds, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that Kamera Harris, who Holly almost never played, has come along and did some nice work last night. It was also good to see Jazmine Massengill's ability to pick up for Zaay Green.

PostPosted: 11/12/19 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I thought Sniezek looked very good and I don't know why some of y'all are talking her down.

Shocked Where'd that happen? I thought everybody here who commented on her were positive.

PostPosted: 11/12/19 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
I thought Sniezek looked very good and I don't know why some of y'all are talking her down.

Shocked Where'd that happen? I thought everybody here who commented on her were positive.

Uh...yourself?

"Marta Sniezak is such a solid kid....prolly never be a star,"

She sure can, if she plays like that. She'll pull everyone else's fat out of the fire.

PostPosted: 11/12/19 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Howee wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Uh...yourself?

"Marta Sniezak is such a solid kid....prolly never be a star,"

She sure can, if she plays like that. She'll pull everyone else's fat out of the fire.

Well, maybe we have varying definitions of "star". Laughing You realize, she's not a freshman. She's a grad transfer, and didn't exactly set the scene on fire at Stanford. I always enjoyed watching her there, though I'd stand by her probably not becoming (my definition of) a star. But I am glad she overcame her injuries and is able to play for ND. She will contribute there, nicely. She may well be a *star* for Muff. Cool

PostPosted: 11/13/19 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This might be the worst ND team I’ve seen in years. Muffet will definitely earn her paycheck this year. They are young, but talented.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 11/13/19 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tuned in late and thought I was watching a throwback/retro/replay game. Every Lady Vol on the court appeared to have a sleeved jersey. Shocked

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/14/19 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
This might be the worst ND team I’ve seen in years. Muffet will definitely earn her paycheck this year. They are young, but talented.

They were inexperienced before, but they have already lost one starter and one projected starter to health issues only three games into the season. That certainly hasn't helped.

With Vaughn out, their lack of height may be more critical than their lack of experience, certainly against a tall team like Tennessee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: