RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2020 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 11/08/19 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Carter's clearly pro-ready. I don't see why she wouldn't enter early. She's easily a lottery pick(#4 to Atlanta??).

Carter was pro ready a year ago, when she would have easily been the #1 pick. Dallas would have to give her serious consideration at #2 this year despite it not being a need position.

PostPosted: 11/08/19 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream need to get Carter. Package #4 and whoever it takes to get her. Dream need a player who can fire up the fan base.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/08/19 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Dallas would have to give her serious consideration at #2 this year despite it not being a need position.

They should draft Carter and trade Diggins for something good.

If they were to trade Diggins to the Sparks, maybe they could get Kalani Brown plus the rights to Iagupova in return.

That would add two more Texas-schooled players to the team.

Another idea is to send Diggins and whatever it takes to Indiana to try to acquire McCowan, but Indiana would be crazy to give up McCowan. Nobody like her.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ClayK

PostPosted: 11/08/19 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For what it's worth, I've heard Carter isn't the most popular teammate -- may or may not be true, and if true, may not translate to the pro level.

All indications are Sabally will come out, and if she does, Oregon could have four players drafted, three in the first round.

PostPosted: 11/08/19 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

All indications are Sabally will come out

I haven’t seen any indications. Care to point them out?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/08/19 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Imagine Ogunbowale & Carter Shocked Shocked Not enough basketball gods in the world !

PostPosted: 11/08/19 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Dallas would have to give her serious consideration at #2 this year despite it not being a need position.

If they were to trade Diggins to the Sparks, maybe they could get Kalani Brown plus the rights to Iagupova in return.

Another idea is to send Diggins and whatever it takes to Indiana to try to acquire McCowan, but Indiana would be crazy to give up McCowan. Nobody like her.

Indiana is not going to give up McCowan, but they might consider some sort of pack that involves Diggins and the No. 3.

ClayK

PostPosted: 11/08/19 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ClayK wrote:

All indications are Sabally will come out

I haven’t seen any indications. Care to point them out?

It's what I hear from West Coast chatter ... no specific sources. Feel free to doubt ...

PostPosted: 11/08/19 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Carter and Satou both come out, this is looking like a very good draft, at least in the lottery. Very, very good.

toad455

PostPosted: 11/08/19 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, both enter and the draft just got deep! But then it makes the 2021 draft start to look weak.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 11/08/19 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Carter's clearly pro-ready. I don't see why she wouldn't enter early. She's easily a lottery pick(#4 to Atlanta??).

Carter was pro ready a year ago, when she would have easily been the #1 pick. Dallas would have to give her serious consideration at #2 this year despite it not being a need position.

How is it not a position of need, when Skylar's unhappy and may have caused some tension between her and the organization that cannot be repaired, then there is Moriah and her lifetime of injuries who more than likely, won't even play half a season in a Wings uniform!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 11/08/19 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

Kalani, Imani and Kristine are all one in the same to me, so what would be the point of making a trade with LA vs another team?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/08/19 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

How is it not a position of need, when Skylar's unhappy and may have caused some tension between her and the organization that cannot be repaired, then there is Moriah and her lifetime of injuries who more than likely, won't even play half a season in a Wings uniform!!!

Your one meaningful player this season was a ballhandling scoring guard. Your best (hopefully) returning player, even if she's been grumpy, is a ballhandling scoring guard. One of the main pieces from the Cambage trade, who the franchise keeps saying will be showing up, is a point guard. Meanwhile your post rotation is Harrison, a bit of Stevens (given people keep claiming she's a 3), a few centers who've proven nothing and the hope that the wildly overrated Glory Johnson might come back despte being a UFA. I think it's fair to say that the significantly bigger need is inside.

PostPosted: 11/08/19 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="DFWub2018"]
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

How is it not a position of need, when Skylar's unhappy and may have caused some tension between her and the organization that cannot be repaired, then there is Moriah and her lifetime of injuries who more than likely, won't even play half a season in a Wings uniform!!![/quote
e]
Get your facts straight.... mo was injured in last season in san antonio
From previous wnba season. She has the same injury. Look Vegas wanted her to play so she played. Look how long it been to recover.
gGod forbide anybody taking care of the body.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/09/19 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know we've just had Collier prove that the good ones can play both spots, but do people consider Sabally primarily a 3 or a 4 at the pro level? Has the height for a 4, but shoots some 3s and looks to have some decent perimeter skills.

PostPosted: 11/09/19 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see Sabally as a 4 in the W. But can give certain teams a big line-up with her at SF. Indiana takes her and they can go with Sabally/Achonwa/McCowan at times.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
root_thing

PostPosted: 11/09/19 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see Sabally as DeWanna Bonner with bigger muscles and a runway to get better. She can play either 3 or 4, but you could create a match-up nightmare by using her at 3. On the other hand, LA used the big lineup a lot in recent years and they ended up playing better when they got away from it.

PostPosted: 11/09/19 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMO she's optimally a three. If she has to play inside, she can but more dangerous on the outside where she can dive or shoot. And she's improved every year. She will be a great W player...barring injury.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 11/10/19 12:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s8uPusg9mL0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/10/19 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
IMO she's optimally a three. If she has to play inside, she can but more dangerous on the outside where she can dive or shoot. And she's improved every year. She will be a great W player...barring injury.

I think ideally she could be a versatile 4 alongside a big dominant 5. She and McCowan would pair really well, for example.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/10/19 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I think ideally she could be a versatile 4 alongside a big dominant 5. She and McCowan would pair really well, for example.

Yeah, you wonder if maybe fit makes them lean Sabally over Carter. I'd love to see almost anyone push Dupree into a reserve role. But at the same time I don't think a perimeter corps of Wheeler, K.Mitchell, T.Mitchell, Burke, Laney, whatever's left of S.Johnson and a recovering Vivians has exactly proven that they're good enough to just be the final group going forward. You probably still just have to take whoever you believe to be the best available player.

Well, best available non-center, but that's probably not an issue this year.

PostPosted: 11/10/19 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Yeah, you wonder if maybe fit makes them lean Sabally over Carter. I'd love to see almost anyone push Dupree into a reserve role. But at the same time I don't think a perimeter corps of Wheeler, K.Mitchell, T.Mitchell, Burke, Laney, whatever's left of S.Johnson and a recovering Vivians has exactly proven that they're good enough to just be the final group going forward. You probably still just have to take whoever you believe to be the best available player.

Well, best available non-center, but that's probably not an issue this year.

If Carter and Sabally both come out, I'm not convinced Lauren Cox will still be taken No. 2.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/10/19 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
If Carter and Sabally both come out, I'm not convinced Lauren Cox will still be taken No. 2.

Also a fair point, but Cox also looks like a decent fit next to McCowan, so you could just end up with a similar debate.

PostPosted: 11/10/19 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

It’s a long season.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/10/19 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Also a fair point, but Cox also looks like a decent fit next to McCowan, so you could just end up with a similar debate.

Agreed, though I want to see what K Mitchell can do under a different coach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 12 of 59

Jump to: