RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UConn 2019-2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDHoops

PostPosted: 11/05/19 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Relevance/irrelevance has nothing to do with anything. Some of y'all just need to get over yourselves. I still follow the Lady Vols, maybe a little more so now that Kellie's coaching. However, they're 6 hours away and not on TV so much here. I am a JMU fan because I'm here. I have season tickets and it's fun being a mid-major fan, especially when your mid-major team is pretty darn good.

Now I am one who says everyone should be free to post where and what they want but not you dear. On more than one occasion you have told others that unless they are a Tenn fan they had no business posting in a Tenn game thread? Shouldn't you practice what you preach?

BOOM! Don't be a bully and then act so appalled when people clap back!

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/05/19 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
linkster wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Relevance/irrelevance has nothing to do with anything. Some of y'all just need to get over yourselves. I still follow the Lady Vols, maybe a little more so now that Kellie's coaching. However, they're 6 hours away and not on TV so much here. I am a JMU fan because I'm here. I have season tickets and it's fun being a mid-major fan, especially when your mid-major team is pretty darn good.

Now I am one who says everyone should be free to post where and what they want but not you dear. On more than one occasion you have told others that unless they are a Tenn fan they had no business posting in a Tenn game thread? Shouldn't you practice what you preach?

Before you, or anyone else, accuse me of hijacking this thread, you might oughta look back and see where it went off the rails. I was discussing Westbrook's eligibility question when someone else got snarky about the Lady Vols being irrelevant and someone else made further snarky comments about my loyalties. I did not bring that up. And it was apparently too much for me to explain the Romero case? Well excuuuuuuse me!

PostPosted: 11/05/19 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
linkster wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Before you, or anyone else, accuse me of hijacking this thread, you might oughta look back and see where it went off the rails. I was discussing Westbrook's eligibility question when someone else got snarky about the Lady Vols being irrelevant and someone else made further snarky comments about my loyalties. I did not bring that up. And it was apparently too much for me to explain the Romero case? Well excuuuuuuse me!

You yourself divorced yourself from the Vols last season and posted that.
And the Vols ARE irrelevant. Hell, they only made the NCAA's because of their past and their extensive fan base. And if you think we weren't polite enough then look in a mirror dear.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 11/05/19 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seriously, guys. Take your inane arguments elsewhere. It’s obnoxious and I don’t care to see your mudslinging that doesn’t provide constructive conversation about what’s going on.

linkster

PostPosted: 11/05/19 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
Seriously, guys. Take your inane arguments elsewhere. It’s obnoxious and I don’t care to see your mudslinging that doesn’t provide constructive conversation about what’s going on.

You must be new here. Laughing

Better to air our problems now before the real playing starts.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 11/05/19 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Coyotes wrote:

I’ve been around for several years and it just gets dull. I get being passionate...but....meh

Howee

PostPosted: 11/05/19 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
linkster wrote:
Coyotes wrote:

I’ve been around for several years and it just gets dull. I get being passionate...but....meh

Really. I mean, it's way too early in the season to start with the rancor already. Jeezooey! Let's get a couple of games under our belts so we've got something REAL to get torqued about. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 11/06/19 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.ctpost.com/uconn/article/UConn-to-face-U-S-women-s-national-team-in-14814814.php

Quote:
Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi are returning to where it all started.

UConn will face the U.S. women’s national team in an exhibition game on January 27 at the XL Center in Hartford, as first reported by Hearst Connecticut Media. Tipoff

PostPosted: 11/07/19 7:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Oh, FFS Clay, get over it.

Reverse the role and the Lady Vols would be sh***ing bricks.

Tennessee has all season to do that.....

wait, you are saying "shooting", right?? Cool

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/07/19 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, now we know that the recruitment of the previously unranked and unheard of 6-4/5 Piath Gabriel wasn't simply as a bench player backup for a highly ranked 2020 big. Apparently, Geno wiffed in the ionosphere again and Gabriel was the only big he could attract. Per HG:

#2, 6-3 Angel Reese, to Maryland
#3, 6-4 Cameron Brink, to Stanford
#5, 6-6, Kamilla Cardoso, to Syracuse
#9, 6-4, Hannah Gusters, to Baylor
#14, 6-4 Dalayah Daniels, to Cal
#15, 6-3 Kylee Watson, to Oregon
#22, 6-3 Lauren Ware, to Arizona
#24, 6-4, Angela Dugalic, to Oregon
#32, 6-5 Natalija Marshall, to Notre Dame
etc., for P's and F's gone elsewhere, down to
#93, 6-8 Sele Heide . . . UNCOMMITTED!

Yes, I know there is another traditional point of view -- namely, that Geno has special, secret (if not divine) knowledge that Piath Gabriel is actually better than all the paint players ranked above her.

Or maybe Geno is focused on 2021, where a few good bigs seem to be available. Along with already committed 6-2 Saylor Poffenbarger (#17), a class with 5-10/11 Azzi Fudd (#1), 6-4/5 Amari DeBerry (#5) and 6-3 Sania Feagin (#6) would comprise a healthy troposphere, stratosphere and ionosphere.
linkster

PostPosted: 11/07/19 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Well, now we know that the recruitment of the previously unranked and unheard of 6-4/5 Piath Gabriel wasn't simply as a bench player backup for a highly ranked 2020 big. Apparently, Geno wiffed in the ionosphere again and Gabriel was the only big he could attract. Per HG:

Yes, I know there is another traditional point of view -- namely, that Geno has special, secret (if not divine) knowledge that Piath Gabriel is actually better than all the paint players ranked above her.

Or maybe Geno is focused on 2021, where a few good bigs seem to be available. Along with already committed 6-2 Saylor Poffenbarger (#17), a class with 5-10/11 Azzi Fudd (#1), 6-4/5 Amari DeBerry (#5) and 6-3 Sania Feagin (#6) would comprise a healthy troposphere, stratosphere and ionosphere.

UConn's lack of success at recruiting highly ranked HS centers isn't new. Stewart, Dolson, & Charles are the only 3 posts I can think of in the last 15-20 years that amounted to anything. And Stewart was more of a forward who lacked an inside presence until her junior year. Of course Samuelson was 6'3" like a third of the "posts" listed above but I guess size only counts when you are looking at who didn't sign. In fact historically Geno has done as well waiting for Duke posts to realize their mistake and move to Storrs.

Despite all the "failures" listed above they look like they will have the No 1 ranked class of 2020 and there is hope for 2021.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/08/19 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
#93, 6-8 Sela Heide . . . UNCOMMITTED!

She's sort of from my neck of the woods, near Seattle. From the little I've seen, she's your typical slow-but-good-at-being-tall kind of player, though she has a decent build (neither out-of-shape looking nor too lanky). She's probably around 2 hours away from where Hailey Van Lith lives, so if UConn was recruiting her, maybe they swung by & checked out Heide too. LOTS of solid Washington state players in this 2020 class that saw many colleges from around the nation come flocking... much to the chagrin of my Huskies Crying or Very sad

linkster

PostPosted: 11/08/19 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

UConn has received a verbal commitment from 6'5" front court player Amari DeBerry, No 5 overall and No. 1 front court player in the 2021 class.
A Nostradamus award to Mac.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/08/19 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DeBerry has been reported as a UConn lean for a while now. Good to see it come to fruition. She's ranked 4th on Blue Star and 3rd on Prospects Nation but 10th by ASGR.
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/08/19 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sweet.

PostPosted: 11/08/19 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since Geno "Luigi" Auriemma went overseas after the AAC Tournament this past March on his recruiting trip has he had his greatest couple months of recruiting in his storied history?

Since that trip he has reeled in:

1. Anna THE RAT Makarut
2. Nika Muhl
3. Evina Waiverbrook
4. Paige Buckets
5. Mir Mclean
6. Edith Piath
7. Aaliyah Edwards
8. Saylor Poffenbarger
9. Amari Deberry

Lookin at the grid, He basically restocked his 2021-2023 roster already.

https://twitter.com/DanielVConnolly/status/1192969171035992066

And now he can concentrate solely on Elmer Fudd. It's rare he's able to surprise me at this point but he has. He has rebounded nicely from the 2019 class. And Griffin is better than I expected.[/url]

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 11/13/19 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

a big FU to the ncaa

PostPosted: 11/22/19 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geno sets goal for UConn:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1197982179583766534

"Our goal is to be bad for basketball again."

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/16/19 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So now that she has really started to blossom as a collegiate, I'm curious as to how y'all would compare Megan Walker and her game/skillset to other UConn greats. Who does she remind you the most of, if anyone? I'm someone who hadn't watched any UConn WBB at all before the Stewart years so I'm not familiar with how other star players with height/positional similarities played in their heyday. Maya Moore? Swin Cash? Nykesha Sales? Someone else? A combination of players?

Howee

PostPosted: 12/16/19 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd rate her as a combination of Ann Strother and Shea Ralph. And Charde Houston.

PostPosted: 12/17/19 12:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She and Satou Sabally could be sisters so far as their bball playing goes...

- Amanda Gorman
linkster

PostPosted: 12/17/19 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn gets a head start on recruiting the 2022 class by getting a commitment from SoCal post Isuneh Brady, a 6'3" sophomore at Cathedral Catholic High in San Diego. She's No 3 at ESPN, No 5 at Bluestar and unranked at Prospect Nation.

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/235899/isuneh-brady

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/17/19 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
UConn gets a head start on recruiting the 2022 class by getting a commitment from SoCal post Isuneh Brady, a 6'3" sophomore at Cathedral Catholic High in San Diego. She's No 3 at ESPN, No 5 at Bluestar and unranked at Prospect Nation.

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/235899/isuneh-brady

get outta here. You can't have any more West Coast goodies!

- Amanda Gorman
cthskzfn

PostPosted: 12/17/19 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

geno out to dispel the "can't get a big" tag and become Baylor North?

PostPosted: 12/17/19 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I'd rate her as a combination of Ann Strother and Shea Ralph. And Charde Houston.

i've been trying for 24 hours, but i can't find any Annie in Walker.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 14 of 19

Jump to: