RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 10/21/19 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
McCoughtry to Vegas, Parker to Chicago & Diggins to Brooklyn!!

I liked Liberty fans better when they were worried no one was going to buy their team. Razz

Stormeo

PostPosted: 10/22/19 12:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know they just did their rebrand/arena move, but if McCoughtry indeed wants out, the on-the-court product is in real trouble. Can't even pretend to contend without her.

The problem with cleaning the slate in a rebuild is, as has been pointed out here before, the Dream really can't sell high on anyone due to each individual's 2019 underperformance. I think by choosing to rebuild, they'll need to get a jump start anyway & take what they can get on some players - whoever they deem between Williams and Breland to be more tradeable; one of the young bench players (my vote is Gülich, whose game never fit in). And I think keeping both of Hayes and Sykes on the roster is a big mistake going forward. But if they wait for some of these semi-tradeable players' contracts to simply expire after 2020, the rebuild will take that much longer.

They'll really need to get two players to early-declare this year so that one of them will still be there at #4 (I can definitely see both Satou Sabally and Chennedy Carter doing so) and get really creative along the way trade- and draft-wise so that a rebuild won't take damn near 5+ years, cuz imo there's a real danger of that being the case. And I don't see a generational talent in the 2021 Draft pool unless maybe Carter stays her senior year Confused

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/22/19 12:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
dreamfan11 wrote:
Oh Angel the liar - had surgery, then did not do what she needed to do; had to have a second surgery; then still didn't rehab to play this season as she was supposed to do; Still has not gone overseas to play, just travels the world living in the past; complained about management, then had to retract it; I am sure she believes things in her head, but the reality there is different than the reality in the real world. Dream paid her a full salary and waited on her to do her part of the job - train and heal. Hey, maybe the Dream wanted to trade her - that is their right - its pro sports, get over it. We have all seen Stewie is almost back - Angel has been 14 months and counting - she wants it all, but does not want to put in the effort. She likes the attention because her star is fading fast. And by the way, her ice cream business sucks. If she opens others she will be bankrupt before she can spell U H - O H H H. We should welcome Skylar to the ATLANTA family as soon as possible!

So, do you think Angel delayed rehab intentionally as a way to get back at the team for looking to trade her in the off-season? Do you think that's why she'd mention exploring free agency? Or is she just ready for a change?

Lots to unpack here it seems like. It will be interesting to see what the Dream look like in 2020. I'd like to think they will make moves to try to be title contenders again since they will be playing in that new arena. I had hoped Angel would be the core of that, but it looks like that is unlikely.

Personally, I think that @dreamfan11 just flat hates Angel McCoughtry, periodt, and is intentionally spinning events in the most unflattering way possible, ascribing motives to her behavior that don't exist, in order to rationalize their dislike for her.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
dreamfan11

PostPosted: 10/23/19 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Personally, I think that @[b]dreamfan11[/b] just flat hates Angel McCoughtry, periodt, and is intentionally spinning events in the most unflattering way possible, ascribing motives to her behavior that don't exist, in order to rationalize their dislike for her.[/quote]

On the contrary -I like Angel as a player - when she plays. However, I have seen this in her for a long time. Its about visibility for her. She did not play all year, so held her own presser to tell people she was (GOD FORBID) possibly on the trading block (which obviously didnt happen). She then said she was not supported or knew much about her surgery, that was then refuted by Coach and others; Skylar gets attention, so Angel immediately chimes in that she too is under appreciated. But yet, got a full salary at the expense of the team not being able to sign another player. Check her instagram and twitter - she is here, there and everywhere EXCEPT the gym and rehab. Her unjust should have been rehabbed within 9 months. If Angel was healthy, and had a great attitude - ie, doing NOTHING except focusing on her comeback, then I would write different. I am a fan of the TEAM. I want the TEAM to win. Angel should be a TEAM player, not a ME player. And curious, you seem to be an expert on Angel - how do you know what her motives are or are not? That said, I never said she had a motive, i said she did not do what was REQUIRED to be healthy and to support her team that paid her all season to do one thing - REHAB.

Randy

PostPosted: 10/24/19 7:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream didn't pay Angel just because they were being nice. They gave her a 2 year fully guaranteed contract prior to the 2018 season so they had to pay her healthy or not. Collen said a number of times during the season that Angel was working hard on her rehab so I'll take her at her word. Finally, comparisons to Stewart are off-base because Stewart had a achilles injury, while Angel had both a MCL and ACL tear. Plus - every person is different when it comes to injuries there is no set timetable for recovery from a major injury.

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 10/24/19 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Torn ACL and MCL is usually a Full year off, returning at 75% the following year, before returning to form the year after that.
Only person to perform at championship level with less than 1 year recovery, was Adrian Peterson.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/25/19 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dreamfan11 wrote:
On the contrary -I like Angel as a player - when she plays. However, I have seen this in her for a long time. Its about visibility for her. She did not play all year, so held her own presser to tell people she was (GOD FORBID) possibly on the trading block (which obviously didnt happen). She then said she was not supported or knew much about her surgery, that was then refuted by Coach and others...

... That said, I never said she had a motive, i said she did not do what was REQUIRED to be healthy and to support her team that paid her all season to do one thing - REHAB.

So, you believe Collen when she says that McCoughtry got support from the team, but you don't believe her when she says that McCoughtry has been working hard on her rehab? Well, isn't that convenient.

Quote:
Check her instagram and twitter - she is here, there and everywhere EXCEPT the gym and rehab.

So, you extrapolated from her not posting her rehab on her social media, that she wasn't rehabbing, at all? That's kinda dumb.

Quote:
Her unjust [sic] should have been rehabbed within 9 months.

And you know this, based on what?

Quote:
And curious, you seem to be an expert on Angel - how do you know what her motives are or are not?

I am not an "expert" on McCoughtry, but I root for players over teams, so I am predisposed to give players the benefit of the doubt.

And, here's the thing, there are plenty of players that I dislike, too: I came by the "Baron of #HateHard" title honestly, I can assure you. The difference is that at least I have enough integrity to just say flat out when I straight don't like a player. I don't need to make shit up about their character, in order to justify my dislike for them. I just say, "I don't like her, and she'll never do right by me," and keep it moving.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 10/25/19 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dreamfan11 wrote:
Personally, I think that @dreamfan11 just flat hates Angel McCoughtry, periodt, and is intentionally spinning events in the most unflattering way possible, ascribing motives to her behavior that don't exist, in order to rationalize their dislike for her.

On the contrary -I like Angel as a player - when she plays. However, I have seen this in her for a long time. Its about visibility for her. She did not play all year, so held her own presser to tell people she was (GOD FORBID) possibly on the trading block (which obviously didnt happen). She then said she was not supported or knew much about her surgery, that was then refuted by Coach and others; Skylar gets attention, so Angel immediately chimes in that she too is under appreciated. But yet, got a full salary at the expense of the team not being able to sign another player. Check her instagram and twitter - she is here, there and everywhere EXCEPT the gym and rehab. Her unjust should have been rehabbed within 9 months. If Angel was healthy, and had a great attitude - ie, doing NOTHING except focusing on her comeback, then I would write different. I am a fan of the TEAM. I want the TEAM to win. Angel should be a TEAM player, not a ME player. And curious, you seem to be an expert on Angel - how do you know what her motives are or are not? That said, I never said she had a motive, i said she did not do what was REQUIRED to be healthy and to support her team that paid her all season to do one thing - REHAB.

I can see why you respond to Angel's tweet the you did. She pull one of those passive-aggressive tweets that celebrities, government officials, musicians and sports figures will do sometimes to take a swipe at something or someone.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/26/19 6:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nia Coffey had an interesting stat line in a recent EuroLeague game.
16 pts, 13 reb, 9 ast, 3 stl, 3 blk

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1187990832491778054/pu/vid/1280x720/EtPTVbfiZtZOo-58.mp4

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 10/26/19 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Nia Coffey had an interesting stat line in a recent EuroLeague game.
16 pts, 13 reb, 9 ast, 3 stl, 3 blk

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1187990832491778054/pu/vid/1280x720/EtPTVbfiZtZOo-58.mp4

Very interesting. Maybe she can be the Dream's point forward.....She got 9 assists in that game, but only 12 all season with the Dream. She had the team best 3% but was near the bottom on overall FG%. She's been in the WNBA a while now - not sure she will ever develop into a solid player. I wish she would though.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/26/19 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She was kinda looking like Alyssa Thomas in the video, grabbing rebounds or getting steals and driving the ball down the court herself.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/06/19 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel McCoughtry announces she’s been cleared to play
Baily Johnson (High Post Hoops)
https://highposthoops.com/2019/11/06/angel-mccoughtry-announces-shes-cleared-play/

Randy

PostPosted: 11/06/19 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe she can join Team USA now on the college tour.

Randy

PostPosted: 11/07/19 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Article about the new arena.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/college-park-arena-open-with-hopes-economic-revitalization/60NgEn59s933ZW1bpO785O/\\

Quote:
The city would not share information about contracts with the Skyhawks, but The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported previously that they would be paying $5,000 a game in rent. Longino said the contract with the Dream is not final.

Just a guess, but I figure the Dream probably get something pretty similar to the Skyhawks.

toad455

PostPosted: 11/07/19 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Article about the new arena.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/college-park-arena-open-with-hopes-economic-revitalization/60NgEn59s933ZW1bpO785O/\\

Quote:
The city would not share information about contracts with the Skyhawks, but The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported previously that they would be paying $5,000 a game in rent. Longino said the contract with the Dream is not final.

Just a guess, but I figure the Dream probably get something pretty similar to the Skyhawks.

I still hope it's only for two years, then they move to GSU's new arena which has a larger capacity(7,500).

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/07/19 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm surprised the Dream did that whole big launch event about their move and new venue without having a finalised contract in place. Seems a little bit cart before the horse.

PostPosted: 11/08/19 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
I'm surprised the Dream did that whole big launch event about their move and new venue without having a finalised contract in place. Seems a little bit cart before the horse.

Might take College Park city council approval or something like that. I doubt anyone is worried about it.

What I am wondering is if the Dream will be using Gateway as their practice facility.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/10/19 4:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

People are h e a v i l y speculating on which teams McCoughtry's gonna sign with next year but am I missing something? Has she actually run out of core years and will be free to just switch teams? Or are people banking on the next CBA eliminating coring altogether? Neutral

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 11/10/19 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
People are h e a v i l y speculating on which teams McCoughtry's gonna sign with next year but am I missing something? Has she actually run out of core years and will be free to just switch teams? Or are people banking on the next CBA eliminating coring altogether? :|

Either way, it's not in any free agent's interests to sign, anywhere, before the new CBA is ratified.

root_thing

PostPosted: 11/10/19 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
People are h e a v i l y speculating on which teams McCoughtry's gonna sign with next year but am I missing something? Has she actually run out of core years and will be free to just switch teams? Or are people banking on the next CBA eliminating coring altogether? Neutral

I don't think speculation is being fueled by the new CBA. It's primarily based on the actions of Angel and the team:

1) Angel keeps talking to the press about exploring free agency and how it's going to be a new adventure.

2) Atlanta management hasn't pushed back with any comments about retaining her.

3) They had a staged jump ball so Angel could get into one final game on the last day of the season. What was that about? It seems like a way of saying goodbye. Note that the event could only occur with the cooperation of Dream Management.

4) Angel wrote an open letter to the fans that sounded like a farewell note.

PostPosted: 11/19/19 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Georgia Senate: A high-profile executive raises her hand for Isakson’s job

https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/georgia-senate-high-profile-executive-raises-her-hand-for-isakson-job/2J2lFgwRvGjzwZDIpuDKrO/

Quote:
Kelly Loeffler seems certain to be a top-tier contender for the position held by U.S. Sen. Johnny Isakson, who is retiring at year’s end because of health reasons.

PostPosted: 11/19/19 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/georgia-senate-high-profile-executive-raises-her-hand-for-isakson-job/2J2lFgwRvGjzwZDIpuDKrO/

Quote:
Kelly Loeffler seems certain to be a top-tier contender for the position held by U.S. Sen. Johnny Isakson, who is retiring at year’s end because of health reasons.

Quote:
If chosen, I will stand with President Trump, Senator David Perdue, and you to Keep America Great. Together, we will grow jobs, strengthen the border, shutdown drug cartels and human traffickers, lower healthcare costs, and protect our national interests – at home and abroad.

From her letter requesting the appointment.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 11/20/19 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:

I'm wondering if Kelly does become a U.S. Senator, will she still co-own the Atlanta Dream? I do not recall any sitting politician owning a pro sports team in the past. Trump once owned the New Jersey Generals of the old USFL, but that was way back in the mid-1980's.

PostPosted: 11/20/19 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see no reason why she couldn't. It might be more of a conflict of interest where she going for a local office because it is the local politicians that pay for arena's etc. I think being Mayor of College Park would be a conflict, but fortunately, College Park already has a mayor.

lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 11/21/19 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

I'm wondering if Kelly does become a U.S. Senator, will she still co-own the Atlanta Dream? I do not recall any sitting politician owning a pro sports team in the past. Trump once owned the New Jersey Generals of the old USFL, but that was way back in the mid-1980's.

former Wisconsin US Senator Herb Kohl and the Bucks rings a bell.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 7 of 30

Jump to: