RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

ESPN’s Top 25 College Players 2019-2020

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 11/04/19 3:08 pm    ::: ESPN’s Top 25 College Players 2019-2020 Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/27914075/the-top-25-players-women-college-basketball-2019-20

ESPN’s Top 25 College Players 2019-2020
1. Sabrina Ionescu, Oregon, G, 5-foot-11, senior
2. Lauren Cox, Baylor, F, 6-foot-4, senior
3. Chennedy Carter, Texas A&M, G, 5-foot-7, junior
4. Kaila Charles, Maryland, G, 6-foot-1, senior
5. Ruthy Hebard, Oregon, F, 6-foot-4, senior
6. Crystal Dangerfield, UConn, G, 5-foot-5, senior
7. Beatrice Mompremier, Miami, F, 6-foot-4, senior
8. Satou Sabally, Oregon, F, 6-foot-4, junior
9. Destiny Slocum, Oregon State, G, 5-foot-7, junior
10. Christyn Williams, UConn, G, 5-foot-11, sophomore
11. Michaela Onyenwere, UCLA , F, 6-foot, junior
12. Aari McDonald, Arizona, G, 5-foot-6, junior
13. Mikayla Pivec, Oregon State, G, 5-foot-10, senior
14. Kiana Williams, Stanford, G, 5-foot-8, junior
15. Megan Walker, UConn, F, 6-foot-1, junior
16. Bella Alarie, Princeton, G/F, 6-foot-4, senior
17. Rhyne Howard, Kentucky, G, 6-foot-2, sophomore
18. Chelsea Dungee, Arkansas, G, 5-foot-11, junior
19. Tynice Martin, West Virginia, G, 5-foot-11, senior
20. DiJonai Carrington, Stanford, G, 5-foot-11, senior
21. Kiah Gillespie, Florida State, F, 6-foot-2, senior
22. Peyton Williams, Kansas State, F, 6-foot-4, senior
23. Elizabeth Balgoun, Louisville, G, 6-foot-1, sophomore
24. Ae'rianna Harris, Purdue, F, 6-foot-1, senior
25. Shadeen Samuels, Seton Hall, F, 6-foot, senior

Senior
Under current CBA guidelines
Draft eligible
Draft ineligible

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
linkster

PostPosted: 11/04/19 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think you got your colors wrong. Ionescu for one is eligible and is listed non-eligible.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 11/04/19 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
I think you got your colors wrong. Ionescu for one is eligible and is listed non-eligible.

Bolded black is a Senior, who is eligible. Regular black is an ineligible player.

linkster

PostPosted: 11/04/19 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
linkster wrote:

Bolded black is a Senior, who is eligible. Regular black is an ineligible player.

I see blue, black and bold black. The bottom key says that blue is eligible and unbolded black is ineligible. There is no designation for bolded black names.

Maybe it's my computer settings?

Coyotes

PostPosted: 11/04/19 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
linkster wrote:

I see blue, black and bold black. The bottom key says that blue is eligible and unbolded black is ineligible. There is no designation for bolded black names.

Maybe it's my computer settings?

The way I read it is that Senior is in the Black Bold in the bottom key; therefore, they are seniors who are about to graduate and draft eligible. The blue and black for unbolded is to distinguish between draft eligible and ineligible non-seniors.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/04/19 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really Linkster? That’s too complicated for you?

linkster

PostPosted: 11/04/19 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

F you.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 11/04/19 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ESPN’s hard on for UConn is rearing it’s head again. SHM and ROFL-omg at Williams in the top 10 and Walker on the list at all, especially when Rhyne Howard is ranked below them and Shakira Austin not even there.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/04/19 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
ESPN’s hard on for UConn is rearing it’s head again. SHM and ROFL-omg at Williams in the top 10 and Walker on the list at all, especially when Rhyne Howard is ranked below them and Shakira Austin not even there.

Weak in the knees I can hardly speak Shocked

PostPosted: 11/05/19 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This list is sort of all over the place after their Top 5 imo...

Haven't seen enough of Rhyne Howard at Kentucky. I see she's listed as a 6'2 Guard - does she actually play in one of the guard spots? Or is she more of a post player with some guard skills (like a Bella Alarie or a Joyner Holmes, if that's even the right comparison)?

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 11/05/19 2:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
This list is sort of all over the place after their Top 5 imo...

Haven't seen enough of Rhyne Howard at Kentucky. I see she's listed as a 6'2 Guard - does she actually play in one of the guard spots? Or is she more of a post player with some guard skills (like a Bella Alarie or a Joyner Holmes, if that's even the right comparison)?

She mostly plays a stretch 4 role at Kentucky out of necessity, but she's a big wing. 45% of her field goal attempts were from outside the line and she had 75 assists last year.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 11/05/19 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:

Yep, so typical of them. I pay little attention to their "rankings". Laughing

PostPosted: 11/05/19 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

And the reason you felt the need to post that was ...?

PostPosted: 11/05/19 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:

I think Austin could be a much better player than she's shown, but it's pretty hard to put a post who only averaged 8.4 ppg and shot 43.2% from the field on any kind of preseason list. Oh, and the 38/57 A/TO isn't going to dazzle either.

Now that doesn't excuse the other issues with the ESPN list, but I think Austin has to put up some numbers before she can be considered elite.

PostPosted: 11/05/19 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Shades wrote:

And the reason you felt the need to post that was ...?

Just like with a lot of what I post, I put a lot of extra effort into putting in the color coding and looking up birthdates for some of the ones that weren’t done before (Walker is a new discovery), and what I get in return is “it looks like you messed up” and an eventual FU.... instead of a thank you. Typical ungrateful Rebkell users. And you questioning my response instead of his FU puts you in the same category. I can’t expect you to be able relate to me, somebody that voluntarily contributes a lot.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 11/05/19 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

I think Austin could be a much better player than she's shown, but it's pretty hard to put a post who only averaged 8.4 ppg and shot 43.2% from the field on any kind of preseason list. Oh, and the 38/57 A/TO isn't going to dazzle either.

Now that doesn't excuse the other issues with the ESPN list, but I think Austin has to put up some numbers before she can be considered elite.

Ok, then put Mikesell on there instead. If UConn’s weakest team in a decade gets 3 players in the Top 15, Maryland’s strongest squad in a decade should get more than one. I am of the camp that ESPN’s UConn favoritism gives them an unfair advantage in recruiting and is generally bad for the growth of the women’s game, so these shenanigans really bother me.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/05/19 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Once again...

Cutting and pasting the ENTIRE rankings list, so no one clicks on the link -- when it is well-established that clicks are measured?

And that is putting aside the fair use doctrine with respect to intellectual property...

linkster

PostPosted: 11/12/19 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:

Ok, then put Mikesell on there instead. If UConn’s weakest team in a decade gets 3 players in the Top 15, Maryland’s strongest squad in a decade should get more than one. I am of the camp that ESPN’s UConn favoritism gives them an unfair advantage in recruiting and is generally bad for the growth of the women’s game, so these shenanigans really bother me.

Go over to ESPN and count the feature articles on Tenn and then those of UConn.

Name one year in the last decade when MD had a better team than UConn? When was the last time MD beat UConn or even agreed to play them? Hype? MD got beat on the 2nd round last year and ESPN has them a FF team this year? UConn made the FF the last 12. ESPN is hyping MD only because they are best team in a weak B1G.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/12/19 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Name one year in the last decade when MD had a better team than UConn? When was the last time MD beat UConn or even agreed to play them? Hype? MD got beat on the 2nd round last year and ESPN has them a FF team this year? UConn made the FF the last 12. ESPN is hyping MD only because they are best team in a weak B1G.

This should not be a talking point lol its beyond obvious who ESPN favorites between those 2. Sorry for butting in im out again Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 11/13/19 1:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

This should not be a talking point lol its beyond obvious who ESPN favorites between those 2. Sorry for butting in im out again Laughing Laughing

WNBA 09, I'm trying to be civil so don't start your anti-UConn agenda right off. The UConn players themselves didn't select the list...many of them unproven so time will tell.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 11/13/19 5:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

WNBA 09, I'm trying to be civil so don't start your anti-UConn agenda right off. The UConn players themselves didn't select the list...many of them unproven so time will tell.

What does whether or not UConn players have the ability to select the listing themselves, have to do with WNBA09's comments about ESPN's favoritism regarding UConn?? Are UConn's players running ESPN? Are they still giving tours and employee checks to UConn players at ESPN? I thought they "said" they would stop that (not ESPN themselves, but someone reporting at the Courant news site said someone from ESPN told them they would)....

SDHoops

PostPosted: 11/13/19 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
linkster wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

What does whether or not UConn players have the ability to select the listing themselves, have to do with WNBA09's comments about ESPN's favoritism regarding UConn?? Are UConn's players running ESPN? Are they still giving tours and employee checks to UConn players at ESPN? I thought they "said" they would stop that (not ESPN themselves, but someone reporting at the Courant news site said someone from ESPN told them they would)....

Leave it to the irrelevant Gamecocks program to have a fan gang up with ND smh.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 11/14/19 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:

Leave it to the irrelevant Gamecocks program to have a fan gang up with ND smh.

Who said anything about Notre Dame? I, for one, am a fan of the game first and foremost, the Pac-12 second, and then UW. I'm by no means a Maryland fan, I was just using them as an example of ESPN's lack of, well...let's call it "sharing the wealth".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: