RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Team USA @ Oregon St - 11/04/19

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 11/03/19 6:49 am    ::: Team USA @ Oregon St - 11/04/19 Reply Reply with quote

Corvallis, OR - 10:00 PM ET
TV: Pac-12 TV (Ann Schatz, Mary Murphy)

Video stream:
https://www.facebook.com/Pac12Plus/videos/

Pac-12 app (supposedly free)

https://pac-12.com/womens-basketball/event/2019/11/04/usa-oregon-state (tvpli)

Audio:
https://tunein.com/radio/Oregon-State-Womens-Basketball-s308211/?_branch_match_id=609415786418420200

Live stats:
http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/statmonitr.php?gid=orst

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/04/19 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh goody we get Mare again along with shitzy. In combo they are the worst ever. Rolling Eyes

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/04/19 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

try the audio instead. they may actually talk about the game.

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 11/04/19 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

USA up 19-16 after 1st quarter.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 11/04/19 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The first time Chelsea Gray has ever appeared on the court for senior national team.

toad455

PostPosted: 11/04/19 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting to see Diggins at the SG spot & Gray at SF.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
linkster

PostPosted: 11/04/19 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Those OSU posts are better than some of our west coast posters have led me to believe. Jones is holding her own against Wilson.

If OSU is the third best team in the PAC I can't wait to see 1 & 2.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/04/19 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

these college games may be their most competitive. But they have a lot to learn or they could get beat.

If OrSU could make their threes, they could be ahead. And of course Scotty is obliged to play all his scrubs.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/04/19 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let’s not forget BG nor EDD or Stewie are currently present. So getting beat would not be such a big deal. Heck they don’t even have maya. I’m still not seeing why keeping DT for 2020 makes sense? Hell at least sue is playing inspired. DT up to her old lazy no energy games tonight.

PostPosted: 11/04/19 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey Myrtle, did you see OSU's freshman post stuff Nneka?

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 11/04/19 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Being a bunch of professionals losing to a group of 18-22 year olds would very much be a big deal Laughing

Richyyy

PostPosted: 11/04/19 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For someone some people have as a mid-1st round pick, Slocum's been wildly unimpressive tonight.

PostPosted: 11/05/19 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Being a bunch of professionals losing to a group of 18-22 year olds would very much be a big deal Laughing

not just pros, they are the all-stars of the pros.

i still don't get why they even play other than for exhibition reason. team usa is not going to face any challenge. so to say it's to get them polished and ready for the olympics sounds ridicules.

PostPosted: 11/05/19 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
i still don't get why they even play other than for exhibition reason. team usa is not going to face any challenge. so to say it's to get them polished and ready for the olympics sounds ridicules.

Well the broadcasters were also talking about these exhibition games also being good marketing tools to help grow the game. We can debate about how effective that strategy really is, but why play national teams of other countries possibly in these other countries when Team USA can face competition of similar or better talent, on domestic soil? And it's not like these past two games have been complete and utter blowouts. The games have been able to be streamed/broadcasted, and there's actual fan turnout - this game did over 6,000 in attendance in which the optics were good to me. Even though these broadcasters tend to overhype stuff, I have to agree with them here when they say these college-team exhibition games have been a real win-win for the hosting colleges and Team USA. Coincidentally, these games also act as a cool bridge from the just-finished WNBA season into the coming college WBB season.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/05/19 12:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In both games the college team had the energy to stay with ‘em for a quarter. Probably takes the geriatrics that long to get the blood flowing.

Just based on this one game against professionals (which we aren’t supposed to do), I’m not sure any of the OSU players have long term prospects as WNBA players. But nothing I saw would suggest Slocum wouldn’t have the best chance of it among OSU players.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/05/19 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Just based on this one game against professionals (which we aren’t supposed to do), I’m not sure any of the OSU players have long term prospects as WNBA players. But nothing I saw would suggest Slocum wouldn’t have the best chance of it among OSU players.

Oregon State in general is a great program for players that are much more suited to the college game than the pro game. Fundamentals and being deliberate, while being important in their own right, are emphasized much more than speed and athleticism. Wiese and Gülich have had a hard time adjusting. Hamblin and Scott (née Weisner) are still fringe-level at best, despite their Team Canada experience. I've talked at length about how Pivec will probably follow suit, and we all seem to agree Slocum looked better at Maryland (though I agree with you that she has the best chance of being a solid pro). Goodman and Tudor have an outside chance if they develop some other skill or two besides their respective sniper abilities, but I doubt that happens for either of them at this point.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 11/05/19 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Team USA women’s basketball pulls away during the second half to beat No. 7 Oregon State 81-58: Live updates recap

https://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/2019/11/no-7-oregon-state-womens-basketball-vs-team-usa-exhibition-live-updates.html

Shades

PostPosted: 11/07/19 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sEhTnAh3-Mk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: