RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

You better Belibi it
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17973
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/19 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Is Duke really as good academically as it used to be? I seem to recall it has gotten some bad publicity in that department of late, but I can't remember what. Perhaps it was bad social publicity.


Academics? Yes, still good.
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities

Bad publicity? Yes, related to research.
https://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2019/03/duke-university-lawsuit-settlement-122-million-research-fraud-how-will-duke-pay-for-it


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 5470
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/19 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Is Duke really as good academically as it used to be? I seem to recall it has gotten some bad publicity in that department of late, but I can't remember what. Perhaps it was bad social publicity.


Academics? Yes, still good.
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities

Bad publicity? Yes, related to research.
https://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2019/03/duke-university-lawsuit-settlement-122-million-research-fraud-how-will-duke-pay-for-it


Thanks. I knew I'd read something negative recently besides stuff related to Coach P, but my mind has been consumed with other things of late.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17973
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/08/19 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Thanks. I knew I'd read something negative recently besides stuff related to Coach P, but my mind has been consumed with other things of late.


Sure thing. Happy to help, summertime blues.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52771



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/19 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote




_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
CompSci87



Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 723
Location: Palo Alto, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/27/19 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Double




Last edited by CompSci87 on 06/27/19 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
CompSci87



Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 723
Location: Palo Alto, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/27/19 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Double




Last edited by CompSci87 on 06/27/19 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
CompSci87



Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 723
Location: Palo Alto, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/27/19 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More fun with Fran.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzOd-mnhtx7/


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52771



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/28/19 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=27073890&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52771



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/01/19 1:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Better Belibi It. Women’s basketball routs Beijing Normal
https://www.stanforddaily.com/2019/10/29/better-belibi-it-womens-basketball-routs-beijing-normal/

Hey, this guy is violating my copyright on “You better Belibi it.” Mad

Quote:
Before the game even tipped off, freshman forward Fran Belibi drew awe from the Maples Pavilion crowd with a dunk in pregame warmups. The fireworks continued throughout the next forty minutes as Belibi put together 17 points to lead the Cardinal in scoring in her first collegiate competition.

“It’s really an honor to be able to put on a Stanford jersey — there’s so much behind it,” Belibi said. “In regards to points it is really up to my teammates, they made great passes to me, and I just was able to finish them.”



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
CompSci87



Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 723
Location: Palo Alto, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/02/19 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was there for warmups but was looking away and missed seeing the dunk. I heard the crowd cheer and turned my head just in time to see Fran landing.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52771



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/02/19 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CompSci87 wrote:
I was there for warmups but was looking away and missed seeing the dunk. I heard the crowd cheer and turned my head just in time to see Fran landing.


Are you going to be there for the Team USA game?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
CompSci87



Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Posts: 723
Location: Palo Alto, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/02/19 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
CompSci87 wrote:
I was there for warmups but was looking away and missed seeing the dunk. I heard the crowd cheer and turned my head just in time to see Fran landing.


Are you going to be there for the Team USA game?


Yes!


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin