RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Bracketology
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
calbearman76

PostPosted: 10/21/19 10:34 am    ::: Bracketology Reply Reply with quote

Charlie Crème came out with his preseason Bracketology projection today.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

Highlights:

#1 seeds - Oregon, Baylor, Stanford, UConn
Top Conferences - ACC and SEC with 8 teams each

The Big East only has 1 team (DePaul) while Missouri Valley gets 2 (Drake and Missouri St)

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 10/21/19 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Likelihood is Maryland doesn't lose.

Their 2 toughest tests are South Carolina at home.

And Delaware has this new freshmen Adele "Neon" Lendl nobody knows about.
Rolling Eyes

taropatch

PostPosted: 10/21/19 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
Likelihood is Maryland doesn't lose.

Their 2 toughest tests are South Carolina at home.

I haven't looked at the Terrapins' schedule but if it is weak, then the committee will punish Brenda's team like they did in 2017. Conference champions, 30-2, nationally ranked top 4 and they were shoved into UConn's bracket as a #3.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/21/19 6:15 pm    ::: Re: Bracketology Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:

Oh, myy. Well, he IS an ESPN employee, so I s'pose he hadta do the obligatory UConn=#1 seed", but....prolly NOT. Razz

PostPosted: 10/21/19 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Remember how he latched on to Tennessee last season and he wouldn’t let go? Creme doesn’t really get good (as he should be) until he’s guided by the selection committee’s 16 reveal.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 10/21/19 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Remember how he latched on to Tennessee last season and he wouldn’t let go? Creme doesn’t really get good (as he should be) until he’s guided by the selection committee’s 16 reveal.

And Tennessee was an NCAA Tournament team so I'm not sure what you mean.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 10/21/19 9:04 pm    ::: Re: Bracketology Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Charlie Crème came out with his preseason Bracketology projection today.

Highlights:

Top Conferences - ACC and SEC with 8 teams each

The Big East only has 1 team (DePaul) while Missouri Valley gets 2 (Drake and Missouri St)

I'm not expecting the Big East to be super strong this season beyond DePaul but would expect them to have at least two teams make the NCAA Tournament when all is said and done. Now who that other team besides DePaul will be I'm not sure about at this point other than it won't be Marquette Smile - hoping they can at least go to the WNIT but that might be a long shot - we will see...

summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/22/19 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Already? Really now, Charlie. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 10/22/19 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I expect that UConn will be a number 1 seed. They have a very weak schedule, not so much because of poor scheduling but because some of their traditional top opponents are down this season. A win against either Oregon or Baylor, both at home, will assure it.

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 10/22/19 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

What is your issue? Yeah, any preseason coverage from ESPN is SO BAD! Smh...

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/23/19 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
I expect that UConn will be a number 1 seed. They have a very weak schedule, not so much because of poor scheduling but because some of their traditional top opponents are down this season. A win against either Oregon or Baylor, both at home, will assure it.

but if they lose to both, what then?

- Amanda Gorman
summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/23/19 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

What is your issue? Yeah, any preseason coverage from ESPN is SO BAD! Smh...

Not all preseason coverage. Thou tarrest with way too broad a brush! I have no problem with preseason coverage as such. But bracketology before the season even starts? Way too many variables for that. It's just ridiculous.

PostPosted: 10/23/19 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

I vote for a 9 seed then. Cool

PostPosted: 10/23/19 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

If they lose both they could fall to a 2 seed, but coming up with the other #1 seeds may be tough. second place in the Pac 10 may be a chance, but if ASU, UCLA or Arizona steals some wins from the top 3, getting 2 #1s may be difficult. If a team can get through the ACC or SEC with only 2 losses they will deserve it.

UConn does not have an empty cupboard and with their schedule it is hard to imagine they would have even 4 losses. Even if they aren't top 5 in the RPI that is too good to not give them the benefit of the doubt.

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 10/23/19 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I welcome any preseason coverage of women’s sports, especially women’s basketball. We get news and internet coverage and discussion of men’s basketball even in June and July, when we have cable channels showing seven-year-old college “classic” games rather than live WNBA games. We need more hype on the women’s side of things.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/23/19 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

If they lose both they could fall to a 2 seed, but coming up with the other #1 seeds may be tough. second place in the Pac 10 may be a chance, but if ASU, UCLA or Arizona steals some wins from the top 3, getting 2 #1s may be difficult. If a team can get through the ACC or SEC with only 2 losses they will deserve it.

UConn does not have an empty cupboard and with their schedule it is hard to imagine they would have even 4 losses. Even if they aren't top 5 in the RPI that is too good to not give them the benefit of the doubt.

Last year they had only two losses and got a #2 seed because of a weak schedule.

PostPosted: 10/23/19 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

Last year they had only two losses and got a #2 seed because of a weak schedule.

No, they got a 2 seed because of those 2 losses. If they had beaten either Baylor or Louisville (on the road) they would have had a 1.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 10/23/19 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

Your point is well taken. But it is also true that there were 6 teams reasonably worthy of #1 seeds. The 2 teams that were moved to the 2 line were both essentially home teams for the regionals, Oregon in Portland and UConn in Albany.

Obviously UConn has to play up to what has become expected of them. Two losses in their big 2 games would probably drop them to a 2 seed unless some of their other games look better at the end of the year. They also don't have a natural home advantage in the regionals (the closest regionals are Greenville and Fort Wayne.) 1 win and no more than 2 other losses would probably still leave them at #1, but obviously that would depend on how much any other teams are able to separate themselves from the pack. And I find it hard to believe there will be more than 7 other teams that will have a better resume.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 10/23/19 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last year, the NC was Notre Dame's to lose, and they did.

This year, it's Oregon's.

PostPosted: 12/23/19 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess yesterday’s toppling of #1 created a scramble in the latest version of Bracketology.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Phil

PostPosted: 12/23/19 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see Princeton at number eight, I have them at number six arguably five although that may be pushing it.

Phil

PostPosted: 12/23/19 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee as an eight seed? They haven't beaten a single team that's going to make the tournament.

And why is Texas on the list much less at a nine seed? I'm a Texas fan, and enjoyed the great upset over Stanford, but while that move them up 15 spots in the Massey rankings, but still left them at 54. NIT territory.

Phil

PostPosted: 12/23/19 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see Charlie has UCLA as a 3 seed and Florida State as a two. I would probably swap those two.

Both are undefeated.
UCLA's played a tougher schedule (Massey ranked number 31 versus 57)
UCLA's best win is over Indiana, arguably better than Florida State's best win over Texas A&M.

In Florida State's favor — their win over Texas A&M was more resounding than UCLA's win (which, by the way, was a fairly ugly game, at least early. I couldn't bear to keep watching.)

pilight

PostPosted: 12/23/19 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
Tennessee as an eight seed? They haven't beaten a single team that's going to make the tournament.

UConn has only beaten one and they're a #1 seed

PostPosted: 12/23/19 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's early I know but I still never thought before the season that there would be any chance of Marquette making the NCAA Tournament. They may still end up a WNIT team but it's nice to see them listed in the field for now...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: