Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/19/19 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Utter nonsense. Can't sign anything at the moment anyway, and wouldn't want to until she knows what the numbers and new provisions are in a new CBA.

They can still negotiate right?....why would they unfollow each other on IG?

Officially, no, not really. And if the system stays the same there's nothing to negotiate anyway, she's a max player and the only question would be years. But no one knows what the parameters are at the moment. The max salary could go up 10k or 100k or 500k, or there could be one special designated slot per team that goes sky high, or big raises could be reliant on staying home in the offseason, or anything. We don't even know if coring will still exist (which would obviously affect Diggins-Smith and Dallas), or if some modified or temporary form of it will exist, or what.

I'm not saying there's definitely nothing going on between the Wings and SDS, just that it doesn't make any sense for that to be the issue.

PostPosted: 10/19/19 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

I'm not saying there's definitely nothing going on between the Wings and SDS, just that it doesn't make any sense for that to be the issue.

Yeah, I edited my original post from "Obviously" to " Could be" a contract dispute.......Diggins/DW no longer following each other on IG is not a good look.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/19/19 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
Quote:
Skylar Diggins-Smith @SkyDigg4 16m
Having no support from your own organization is unfortunate

https://twitter.com/SkyDigg4/status/1185339648748470273

Maybe Diggins wants out of Dallas?

There maybe something to it because I noticed she took "Dallas Wings PG" off of her Instagram description.

Either way, if she wants out, sign her then make the necessary trade to get the best value you can out of the situation! This is professional sports, and people on here are acting as if this is something only unique to Dallas, when the reality is, this type of thing happens in every league, all the time.

For whatever reason, I notice alot of fans in other cities seem to have a "personal" issue with my city in general when a particular "player or players" wish to leave for a different organization for whatever reason or another. Do you people honestly think we give a shit if Liz Cambage didn't want to be in Dallas, or now, if Skylar Diggins want to sell her home and exit the city as well....do you all realize we are the home of the most famous franchise ON THE PLANET? Do you'll have any idea how many people in the entertainment industry maintain homes in the Dallas area that have ZERO ties to any of our sports franchises!!! Not everyone wants to live in NY or LA, and this is coming from A NATIVE OF SoCal, so please, stop acting like Skylar Diggins put Dallas on the "map" and our team will be finished if she isn't a member of it any longer!!!

"One monkey don't stop no show," as the saying goes, so if she decides to move on, so shall the team and the city.

Peace!!!

Davis4632

PostPosted: 10/19/19 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Arike had a much better rookie year than Skylar did so she may be the better long term player. Certainly she has room to improve while Diggins (now 29) is probably as good as she is going to get and start to decline. So yeah - looks like trading Diggins now would be a good move. Not sure NY would be smart to make that deal, however. Dallas needs to fix whatever it is that keeps players from wanting to stay there or they will be in perpetual rebuild mode.

The Sky got some criticism when EDD and Fowles wanted out and so did the Sun went various players wanted to be traded and now Dallas will be going through the same thing if Diggins wants to be traded from Dallas. I need the trade optimizers like J-Spoon, Shades, and zune69 to get spit out some trade scenarios

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/19/19 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Her comment on 'support' is puzzling. I thought she got paid this whole year even though she was sitting out? That seems like quite a bit of support.

- Amanda Gorman
root_thing

PostPosted: 10/19/19 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:

For whatever reason, I notice alot of fans in other cities seem to have a "personal" issue with my city in general when a particular "player or players" wish to leave for a different organization for whatever reason or another.

I don't sense the negativity has anything to do with the city of Dallas. I think the skepticism is directed toward the Wings organization. The only team where the location is regularly questioned by fans is the Connecticut Sun. People view Uncasville as being in the middle of nowhere.

As for NY trading the #1 pick, forget it. Contrary to what many posters on this board think, most of the basketball world seems to view Ionescu as a sure thing. That being the case, it makes no sense to trade a 23-year-old star for one who is 30. Jonathan Kolb, being an analytics guy, would certainly take that into consideration. Besides, the only one trading SDS to NY right now is Alan Barcoff. Consider the source.

PostPosted: 10/19/19 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of course, not a complete impossibility that New York could put together a package for SDS without including the #1 (just hypothetically - I'm obviously not remotely suggesting that Barcoff has the first clue what he's talking about). Nurse and Durr are probably both still considered reasonably valuable commodities. Doubt you're getting much for anyone else, but even without the Ionescu pick there's those two and the 2021 pick to work with.

All of this, of course, is assuming that some variant of coring continues to exist in the new CBA, at least for a year or two. Otherwise Dallas could be screwed...

PostPosted: 10/19/19 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The blasts that disrespect of mothers (and our rights) in the WNBA is incredible. I can’t wait until you hear my story FROM ME!

https://twitter.com/SkyDigg4/status/1185596598006550528

Quote:
People called me a quitter, said I gave up on my team, etc., etc.

Not knowing I took two FULL months away from everything because of postpartum depression. With limited resources to help me be successful mentally/physically.

But just wait though....KEEP THAT SAME ENERGY.

https://twitter.com/SkyDigg4/status/1185597286589575169

Quote:
I played the ENTIRE season pregnant last year! All star, and led league (top 3-5) in MPG....didn’t tell a soul.

https://twitter.com/SkyDigg4/status/1185598787177373697

root_thing

PostPosted: 10/19/19 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Of course, not a complete impossibility that New York could put together a package for SDS without including the #1 (just hypothetically - I'm obviously not remotely suggesting that Barcoff has the first clue what he's talking about). Nurse and Durr are probably both still considered reasonably valuable commodities. Doubt you're getting much for anyone else, but even without the Ionescu pick there's those two and the 2021 pick to work with.

All of this, of course, is assuming that some variant of coring continues to exist in the new CBA, at least for a year or two. Otherwise Dallas could be screwed...

I could see trading Durr. NY would then slot Ionescu into SG and use SDS as the PG. Nurse is needed at SF. But honestly, I don't see Dallas wanting Durr or Nurse when they already have Ogunbowale and Gray. What they need is a 5 or a star-level 1 to replace Diggins. I think Cox is better off at 4, so maybe they work a deal with LA where Kalani Brown is the centerpiece?

PostPosted: 10/19/19 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genuine question - what's stopping Diggins-Smith from telling us her side of the story, FROM HER? Don't think the league has a non-disclosure agreement in place. Hell, even if she doesn't want it coming out of her mouth, someone like Megdal would happily publish a "sources close to Diggins-Smith say" story. Just fucking say what you're pissed off about and stop dancing around shit or sounding like you're whining about nothing.

PostPosted: 10/19/19 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Genuine question - what's stopping Diggins-Smith from telling us her side of the story, FROM HER? Don't think the league has a non-disclosure agreement in place. Hell, even if she doesn't want it coming out of her mouth, someone like Megdal would happily publish a "sources close to Diggins-Smith say" story. Just fucking say what you're pissed off about and stop dancing around shit or sounding like you're whining about nothing.

I’m half expecting a Players Tribune article about what happened tbh and this is the lead up

Shades

PostPosted: 10/19/19 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Utter nonsense. Can't sign anything at the moment anyway, and wouldn't want to until she knows what the numbers and new provisions are in a new CBA.

They can still negotiate right?....why would they unfollow each other on IG?

I dunno... Hawkins, Fowles, and Stokes all signed extensions in September. So does October become a dead month where you can’t sign extensions?

I’m pretty sure contracts get adjusted according to the new CBA, or it wouldn’t be fair for those with current contracts. So if Diggins signs for max in a recent extension, she should get adjusted to whatever the new max is in the new CBA, imo.

Makes me wonder if Diggins sought an extension, at which point Dallas let her know they were interested in seeking a trade for her. That’d be a little dangerous for Dallas considering diva Diggins may be hurt by the notion and might not want to deal with them at all. She might even go so far as blocking them on IG. Although, I think it’s highly unlikely coring is done away with completely because the owners would have to approve of that, and I don’t think most of them would approve of coring being suddenly totally gone. Maybe slowly phase it out if at all.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 10/19/19 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
So does October become a dead month where you can’t sign extensions?

The whole period from the end of the season until mid-January when free agency negotiations begin is dead time.

PostPosted: 10/19/19 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diggins and swapping spots in the draft to New York for ...?

Dallas then gets Ionescu and NY gets Cox (if both remain healthy), filling needs more precisely, but I don't know what the Liberty might give Dallas to make it worthwhile.

PostPosted: 10/19/19 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
So does October become a dead month where you can’t sign extensions?

The whole period from the end of the season until mid-January when free agency negotiations begin is dead time.

That would explain why two players signed extensions on the last day of the regular season, and apparently they weren’t too worried about whatever’s in the new CBA.

So maybe a deal didn’t get get done by Sept 8 for whatever reasons, so tensions started brewing then, and they’re just starting to bubble out on social media now? Like maybe Dallas didn’t have their driver pick up Diggins at the airport and she decided to pout about it on Twitter without giving specifics? A lot of players do these vague tweets.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/19/19 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diggins has burst out in a Twitter rant and she’s being a little more specific now. It seems the organization she was talking about may have been the WNBA moreso than Dallas. It looks like she’s unhappy with the level of support given to new mothers like herself.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/19/19 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA09,

Can you believe this bs!!!

toad455 wrote:
Dallas can be a candidate for relocating. Only made the playoffs once since in Dallas. If Diggins wants out, it could be one of those franchises that no one wants to play for. Their attendance did go up this past season despite being terrible. I think we're okay with Indiana for now since they announced their alternative venue for the next two seasons. Gotta see where they stand come 2022 once they're back at the Fieldhouse.

Comments like this boggles my mind, trying to comprehend them or make sense of it....I swear!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/19/19 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Reason #21 why I'm done with this league..."Players making vague comments on Social Media"....This could be a contract dispute. Diggins is a FA and is more than likely looking for a long term max deal. Dallas should do their best to re-sign Diggins. But if she really wants out, the sign & trade that makes the most sense to me is...Diggins for Vivians, Wheeler & the #3 pk

Indiana has a surplus at the wing positions and could use an elite pg. Skylar could return home and be the face of the franchise. Dallas gets a lottery pk, a young starting SF and a solid pg........There's no way in hell the Liberty are giving up Ionescu for Diggins.

I will take that bet in a NY minute!!!

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 10/19/19 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diggings-Smith trade ideas

SDS and #9 to La for N. Ogwumike (this is assumeng Chiney retires)
Or SDS to LA for K. Brown and LA's 2021 1st round pick
SDS to Atlanta for McCoughtry
Or
SDS and #9 to Atl for Hayes and #4 (ideally 4 becomes C. Carter)
SDS to Vegas for Plum and 2021 1st round pick
SDS to PX for Cunningham and #5
Or a cored Bonner? (Can Bonner still be cored?)
SDS to NY for Durr an 13
Or Nurse (I thubk Agiler would prefer nurse)
I am not a huge SDS fan but an ionscu/SDS backcourt sounds like a contending backcourt)

Just some thoughts I see SDS ending up in La or Atlamta

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 10/19/19 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oops I wrote my post before reading that she was discussing the W as a whole and not just Dallas so nevermind.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/19/19 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Her comment on 'support' is puzzling. I thought she got paid this whole year even though she was sitting out? That seems like quite a bit of support.

Thank you....FINALLY, a rational and open-minded observer! If Skylar wants out of Dallas, by all means, tear yo ass boo!!!

toad455

PostPosted: 10/19/19 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Diggins has burst out in a Twitter rant and she’s being a little more specific now. It seems the organization she was talking about may have been the WNBA moreso than Dallas. It looks like she’s unhappy with the level of support given to new mothers like herself.

Diggins can always say "F U" to the league and never play again. But she's not known for playing overseas.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/19/19 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

For whatever reason, I notice alot of fans in other cities seem to have a "personal" issue with my city in general when a particular "player or players" wish to leave for a different organization for whatever reason or another.

I don't sense the negativity has anything to do with the city of Dallas. I think the skepticism is directed toward the Wings organization. The only team where the location is regularly questioned by fans is the Connecticut Sun. People view Uncasville as being in the middle of nowhere.

As for NY trading the #1 pick, forget it. Contrary to what many posters on this board think, most of the basketball world seems to view Ionescu as a sure thing. That being the case, it makes no sense to trade a 23-year-old star for one who is 30. Jonathan Kolb, being an analytics guy, would certainly take that into consideration. Besides, the only one trading SDS to NY right now is Alan Barcoff. Consider the source.

I based that on reading MANY comments under other topics on the board which don't always make it to the "Dallas" thread specifically.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/19/19 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/19/19 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All this speculation is giving me a headache. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 4 of 22

Jump to: