toad455

PostPosted: 10/13/19 8:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
nsw43 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
CENTER!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!

So much Sanders hate

Meesseman played more minutes than Sanders in the Finals. If they need to save $$$ due to cap space, Sanders would be the one to let go. Plus they already have Hawkins signed for next season.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/13/19 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sanders is one of the most underrated players and defenders in the league

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
myrtle

PostPosted: 10/13/19 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love Sanders, but against the really 'big' girls she struggles defensively. Not her fault, she works hard, but she's just not big enough.

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 10/13/19 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They obviously have a very successful team as it is so I would not be quick to try to replace Sanders. Really big posts are hard to come by, so I would say they should look for a "project" type big in the draft. After all, Russell went 17th. Either that or try to get someone like IMS or Gustafson (who is not quite big enough either) off waivers to fill that void.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/13/19 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I love Sanders, but against the really 'big' girls she struggles defensively. Not her fault, she works hard, but she's just not big enough.

Sanders is the one who wants a bigger Center! Wanting a bigger Center is NOT about Sanders hate. She is a warrior!!! This is about wanting total domination.

~rAf
greg5222

PostPosted: 10/14/19 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
nsw43 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
CENTER!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!

So much Sanders hate

Meesseman played more minutes than Sanders in the Finals. If they need to save $$$ due to cap space, Sanders would be the one to let go. Plus they already have Hawkins signed for next season.

So who will guard Liz ? Emma proved she can't hang. Liz disrespected Emma but not Sanders.

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 10/14/19 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
They obviously have a very successful team as it is so I would not be quick to try to replace Sanders.

Powers should be looking for a salary bump up. Somebody (Reeve) should be giving her an offer sheet.

Sanders is at guaranteed max for next year. Thibault probably doesn’t want to tinker around with what seems to work for them, but can you really expect your MVP to continue to come off the bench?

Randy wrote:
Really big posts are hard to come by, so I would say they should look for a "project" type big in the draft.

Now they’re hard to come by. But all teams like NYL, CHI, DAL had to do last year is draft one, but instead they decided to draft guards... you know, that position that is available in abundance in every draft. They smart.

Randy wrote:
After all, Russell went 17th.

Don’t get me started. She should have gone #17 if MIN didn’t want her at #12 like I did. But instead Reeve decided to trade #12 to PHX for Robinson and a 2nd round pick in 2019, thereby needing to move Howard to SEA to make room for DRob’s salary. Now after two years most fans are saying DRob needs to go, and Reeve didn’t commit to her staying when given the opportunity. Disaster. What could have been.

Reeve also traded the #17 & #24 picks to LVA for their 2nd round pick in 2019, which turned out to be #16, which turned out to be Shepard. Some MIN fans might be happy with that but it’s really worked out well for for SEA. They’ve gotten over 70 games of Howard playing at MVP level to the Lynx getting 6 games from Shepard. Will ever be at Howard’s level? Hard to see it happening but she could be a fine role player. She’d be nice fit at Connecticut, a team of role players.

Russell actually went #22 to NYL, but either they didn’t have the use or patience for her. They cut her and she ended up at SEA. I suppose the probability would have been high that Reeve would have also cut Russell had she drafted her. Reeve has no patience with rookies unless she’s forced to have patience. For those thinking I’m being unfair to Reeve, she’s admitted this herself.

Randy wrote:
Either that or try to get someone like IMS or Gustafson (who is not quite big enough either) off waivers to fill that void.

I think IMS needs a new contract. Just sign her up. I think IMS stays employed just for her height. Gustafson isn’t really the kind of big being discussed here. She’s like 6’3.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 10/14/19 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 10/14/19 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

greg5222 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
nsw43 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
CENTER!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!

So much Sanders hate

So who will guard Liz ? Emma proved she can't hang. Liz disrespected Emma but not Sanders.

Unless we're getting Griner or Fowles there's no point in trying to guard Cambage 1on1. No reason to make big changes to this team, just run it back.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 10/14/19 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@Shades I'm pretty sure Powers already signed an extension

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 10/14/19 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

Yes, deal done last month.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/14/19 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

I wonder how much she signed for?

I’m eager to see the new CBA and how it might affect teams. A more liberal salary cap allowing players more freedom to create super teams, or will it be tight as ever?

greg5222

PostPosted: 10/14/19 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Great!! What a steal Powers was! Very Happy Very Happy Flat out baller. Team got better when she subbed for Kristi. Waiting to see what Kiara Leslie brings. Those former Terps...... I know she graduated NC State but....

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!! Smile

PostPosted: 10/14/19 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Mystics announced in May 2019 they'll extend Aerial Powers but as standard practice didn't announce contract figures.

https://mystics.wnba.com/news/mystics-sign-powers-to-contract-extension

This article has only 3 Mystics players (Elena, Kristi and Emma) unsigned for the 2020. I believe all 3 players (Elena, Kristi and Emma) will be re-signed unless Kristi retires to become a fulltime Wizards Assistant Coach.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/mystics-give-tianna-hawkins-one-year-contract-extension-ahead-playoff-run

Shades

PostPosted: 10/14/19 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hawkins is unsigned unless she got an extension like Powers. She played for cheap this season.

greg5222

PostPosted: 10/14/19 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
The Mystics announced in May 2019 they'll extend Aerial Powers but as standard practice didn't announce contract figures.

https://mystics.wnba.com/news/mystics-sign-powers-to-contract-extension

This article has only 3 Mystics players (Elena, Kristi and Emma) unsigned for the 2020. I believe all 3 players (Elena, Kristi and Emma) will be re-signed unless Kristi retires to become a fulltime Wizards Assistant Coach.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/mystics-give-tianna-hawkins-one-year-contract-extension-ahead-playoff-run

Will Ted and Sheila give them rings like the Capitals? If so make them big and bold. Smile

ps I wonder if TonyL222 is celebrating the Mystics championship?

PostPosted: 10/14/19 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Hawkins is unsigned unless she got an extension

She did..

PostPosted: 10/14/19 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Hawkins is unsigned unless she got an extension like Powers. She played for cheap this season.

The article link I posted above has Tianna receiving a contract extension from the Mystics

Shades

PostPosted: 10/14/19 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Rather than entering free agency this offseason, Hawkins will rejoin the Mystics for the 2020 season on a salary of $71,400, per a WNBA source.

How is Thibault getting these players to sign for so cheap? Reeve needs to be taking some lessons. I suppose they’re happy enough with their overseas money that they just play where they want to in the WNBA.

If Powers also signed for $71,400, I won’t be happy.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 10/14/19 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Quote:
Rather than entering free agency this offseason, Hawkins will rejoin the Mystics for the 2020 season on a salary of $71,400, per a WNBA source.

How is Thibault getting these players to sign for so cheap? Reeve needs to be taking some lessons. I suppose they’re happy enough with their overseas money that they just play where they want to in the WNBA.

If Powers also signed for $71,400, I won’t be happy.

Hawkins isn't going overseas, she's going to be an intern at Microsoft apparently

nsw43

PostPosted: 10/14/19 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Sanders is the one who wants a bigger Center! Wanting a bigger Center is NOT about Sanders hate. She is a warrior!!! This is about wanting total domination.

Exactly!

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 10/14/19 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

greg5222 wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Great!! What a steal Powers was! Very Happy Very Happy

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!! Smile

But, but, but ... I thought Greg Bibb was a basketball genius. Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/14/19 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: 12/03/19 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Asjha Jones hired as assistant coach
https://mystics.wnba.com/news/mystics-elevate-asjha-jones-to-assistant-coach/

toad455

PostPosted: 12/03/19 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

They sure didn't wait long.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
greg5222

PostPosted: 12/09/19 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Great news! Still getting used to calling them.........WNBA Champion Washington Mystics!!!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: