RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Stanford 2019 - 20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 10/07/19 11:36 am    ::: Stanford 2019 - 20 Reply Reply with quote

So excited for this year...and next year too. Great recruiting classes!

Here's a recent 'update': https://stanford.rivals.com/news/class-is-in-session-and-there-s-a-lot-to-like-after-a-week-of-practice

- Amanda Gorman
Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/07/19 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s going to be a fun year in Maples!

Stanford was selected to finish 2nd in the PAC, receiving Kelly Graves first place vote for Oregon.

I’m cautiously optimistic on the praise for Jump, but I could also chalk that up to preseason enthusiasm. It remains to be seen if Jump can play defense.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/07/19 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, defense is often the BIG jump from HS to college for any of these ladies. We shall see. We could always use an excellent shooter in specific situations. The way Dodson talks, the bigs aren't really 'ready' yet either. They are still wide-eyed Freshmen. But that's ok. It's going to be really tough competition among the guards. Who knows. The way Tara talks, maybe they will use Haley some at the 4.

- Amanda Gorman
Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/07/19 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Right. There’s definitely huge questions for the bigs. A lot of it might come down to how healthy Fingall is after her ACL, as her baseline jumper can open up the court for others. We’ll also have to hope that Dodson has improved, but I’m not sure how much to expect on that.

We might see this sort of lineup.

Wilson
Williams
Carrington
Fingall
Dodson

Or

Williams
Carrington
Lacie
Jerome
Dodson

I can’t wait for the season to begin and see who earns playing time.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/07/19 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmm. Bright horizons, indeed. Tara & Co. richly deserve this. Being The Bridesmaid to Oregon in the Pac 12 will be easy to endure, knowing the league is all theirs in the season to come. Wink

I noticed the poll cited had FOUR Pac 12 teams in the Top Ten. Maybe THE conference to watch this year?

PostPosted: 10/07/19 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’ll be a little disappointed if my girl Belibi doesn’t start. Who’s her competition, Dodson?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 10/07/19 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Hmmm. Bright horizons, indeed. Tara & Co. richly deserve this. Being The Bridesmaid to Oregon in the Pac 12 will be easy to endure, knowing the league is all theirs in the season to come. Wink

I noticed the poll cited had FOUR Pac 12 teams in the Top Ten. Maybe THE conference to watch this year?

we will see. they may not be bridesmaids this year Razz

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 10/07/19 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I’ll be a little disappointed if my girl Belibi doesn’t start. Who’s her competition, Dodson?

I would be surprised if Belibi starts. She is pretty raw. I think Fingall starts if she is healthy. If not, then Dodson as the 'big'. Then I would guess 4 guards which is why I think she may start Jones at the 4. It's hard to think Jerome has improved enough to start at the 4 but it is possible Tara gives her the nod because of 'seniority'. Then I suppose Williams, Carrington, and one of the Hull twins start. It will be a dogfight for playing time. Hopefully team unity can hold it all together. Fingall's health is really key for the whole operation.

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 10/08/19 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Howee wrote:

we will see. they may not be bridesmaids this year Razz

Certainly, you don't see them falling to Flower Girl status, do you? Oregon St. isn't all that.... Razz

PostPosted: 10/09/19 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Belibi is one of the incoming freshman I have marked to keep an eye on this season. She is athletic and known for dunking. What else? I see her as a raw player that was dominating in the high school game due to her athleticism. I will be interesting to see the rest of her game develop under Tara.

Stanford has the chops to make Oregon's life rough in the PAC12. Should be interesting.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 10/11/19 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The future is definitely bright Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: