Sun
28%
 28%  [ 12 ]
Mystics
71%
 71%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 42

Shades

PostPosted: 10/08/19 9:39 pm    ::: Sun @ Mystics - 10/10/19 Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Playoffs - Finals Game 5
Washington, DC - 8:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN2

ESPN stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch?id=46fd68e4-9dfc-4139-8a50-c651124a6dbd&rb=true

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20191010/CONWAS/

ESPN Gamecast:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401165811

Only 24 hours to vote. If voting is important to you, get it in early.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/09/19 1:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sun won the vote before game 4 . Mystics with a clear lead for game 5 so far. #Strange

PostPosted: 10/09/19 1:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My picks for Finals MVP if the Sun win, in order:
1. AT
2. JJ if she has the best game on the team
3. CW if she has the best game on the team by a mile

My picks for Finals MVP if the Mystics win, in order:
1A. EDD
1B. EM
3. KT if she has the best game on the team
4. NC if she has the best game on the team by a mile

Basically, I'm gonna go with A. Thomas if the Sun win, EDD if the Mystics win. Pretty wide open for this year's Finals though, particularly on the Mystics' side.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/09/19 5:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EDD would have to score 30+ in this game to win finals MVP IMO.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/09/19 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Right not sure what she’s done to deserve finals MVP. If mystics Win it’s either Messeman or Toliver .

PostPosted: 10/09/19 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Right not sure what she’s done to deserve finals MVP. If mystics Win it’s either Messeman or Toliver .

She dragged herself out on the court to support the team, knee brace, mask, and bad back....they'll give it to her out b/c of "heroics" as opposed to stats, even though w/o Messeman they wouldn't even be in the Finals.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/09/19 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speebs56 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

She dragged herself out on the court to support the team, knee brace, mask, and bad back....they'll give it to her out b/c of "heroics" as opposed to stats, even though w/o Messeman they wouldn't even be in the Finals.

That would be the most disrespectful thing they could ever do. You dont give finals MVP for heroics.

PostPosted: 10/09/19 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Speebs56 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

That would be the most disrespectful thing they could ever do. You dont give finals MVP for heroics.

Tell Willis Reed

PostPosted: 10/09/19 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The numbers are still close enough that if Delle Donne's the primary scorer on Thursday night she probably gets MVP. She's still their leading per game rebounder in the Finals, crazily enough, despite playing under 4 minutes in one of the games. I'd say Delle Donne, Meesseman, Toliver and even Cloud could all still win it for Washington. Alyssa Thomas is probably getting it if Connecticut win, although a huge game for Jonquel Jones or Courtney Williams could maybe get one of them involved.

PostPosted: 10/09/19 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Call me a naive Elena Delle Donne fan, but I can see her refusing the MVP Award (in advance), feeling her injury let her team down.

As Mechelle wrote: Amanda said Delle Donne puts personal awards, like the second MVP trophy she earned this season, into a closet and out of sight pretty quickly. "She's like, 'I did that, now it's on to the next thing,' " Amanda said. "She appreciates the recognition, but she just wants to focus on trying to get this championship." https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/27792827/family-comes-first-delle-donne-even-one-win-shy-wnba-title

And speaking of Amanda Clifton, I've seen quite enough of Courtney Williams' father. ESPN, give us a glimpse of EDD's wife! Very Happy

toad455

PostPosted: 10/09/19 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Delle Donne played 3 minutes in Game 2. That alone should eliminate her.

Mystics MVP: Meesseman
Sun MVP: A. Thomas

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 10/09/19 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, you’re naive. She says the championship is important. Finals MVP is the pinnacle of winning the championship. I can’t see her turning it down.

I personally think it should go to Meesseman if they win and she doesn’t disappear.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/09/19 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

And Washington lost, which speaks to her importance.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/09/19 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
toad455 wrote:

And Washington lost, which speaks to her importance.

They lost with her in Game 4 ....

PostPosted: 10/09/19 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I can just see it all right now "Emma/Alyssa you just won the WNBA Finals MVP and your prize is ONE DOLLAR OFF ON ANY MEDIUM OR LARGE PIZZA. What are you going to do with your pizza?"

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/09/19 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I can just see it all right now "Emma/Alyssa you just won the WNBA Finals MVP and your prize is ONE DOLLAR OFF ON ANY MEDIUM OR LARGE PIZZA. What are you going to do with your pizza?"

I love that commercial. Even after the bazillionth time, it still makes me laugh.

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 10/10/19 8:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah. I laugh just thinking about it.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 10/10/19 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EDD "Close" to 100% for Game 5, via Voepel on ESPNW

Quote:
"I was in here and able to move," Delle Donne said after the Mystics' shootaround Thursday morning at Entertainment and Sports Arena. "We've got our entire playbook back. It's no more just me standing in the corner and hoping that works."

If that's really the case, I don't see how the Mystics lose this game. And I do think if she really plays up to even just her season averages for this one game, she gets Finals MVP.

And not to be That B!tch, but is it possible for one of the mods to change the date on the subject line to make it correct? At first I thought we were just doing European-style dating for this one game but then I realized it's the 10th Laughing (Edit: Thank you!!)

Last edited by Stormeo on 10/10/19 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/10/19 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Quote:
"I was in here and able to move," Delle Donne said after the Mystics' shootaround Thursday morning at Entertainment and Sports Arena. "We've got our entire playbook back. It's no more just me standing in the corner and hoping that works."

If that's really the case, I don't see how the Mystics lose this game. And I do think if she really plays up to even just her season averages for this one game, she gets Finals MVP.

And not to be That B!tch, but is it possible for one of the mods to change the date on the subject line to make it correct? At first I thought we were just doing European-style dating for this one game but then I realized it's the 10th Laughing

If she plays up to her MVP status and they still lose then im sure they will say she was not 100% Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 10/10/19 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Quote:

And not to be That B!tch, but is it possible for one of the mods to change the date on the subject line to make it correct? At first I thought we were just doing European-style dating for this one game but then I realized it's the 10th Laughing

If she plays up to her MVP status and they still lose then im sure they will say she was not 100% Rolling Eyes

Oh absolutely. And to clarify, I don't think EDD would actually be deserving of winning Finals MVP with a good showing tonight, but unless she has a bad game and her team still wins, I can't see Engelbert or whoever decides FMVP not just going with the easy crowd- and media-pleasing move of giving her that accolade. I know what kind of league this is Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/10/19 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Quote:

Oh absolutely. And to clarify, I don't think EDD would actually be deserving of winning Finals MVP with a good showing tonight, but unless she has a bad game and her team still wins, I can't see Engelbert or whoever decides FMVP not just going with the easy crowd- and media-pleasing move of giving her that accolade. I know what kind of league this is Laughing

+1 Laughing

PostPosted: 10/10/19 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Getting antsy , getting excited , deciding game woo-hoo !

Sun had a nice trick last game with Hiedeman out there at the same time as Courtney. 2 very small but fast guards. They still have to play Bria Holmes for ~10 minutes and they've weathered it before. Plaisance could spell AT for 2 minutes against Sanders probably be OK, and another 2 against Hawkins probably lose that matchup a little but less than draining AT's tank.

Mystics with healthier EDD = uh oh.

Can't wait.
Have to
Exclamation

bballgrl

PostPosted: 10/10/19 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Quote:

This statement is probably another try to throw the Sun off and having them think Edd is almost 100% after not being that 1 day ago. Sun, do NOT fall for that!

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/10/19 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Quote:

This statement is probably another try to throw the Sun off and having them think Edd is almost 100% after not being that 1 day ago. Sun, do NOT fall for that!

LOL Nothing if not consistent. As a longtime and loyal Mystics fan, these conspiracy theories are truly amusing. EDD and the Styx will put it all on the floor. Will the Sun? TBD

~rAf
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 10/10/19 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Yeah, I think whoever has a great game, gets the MVP... Reminds me almost of 2003, when Ruth Riley won it. Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: