RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Top undeclared prospects

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 10/07/19 5:15 pm    ::: Top undeclared prospects Reply Reply with quote

Women's basketball recruiting: Predicting where the top undeclared prospects will sign
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/27737011/women-basketball-recruiting-predicting-where-top-prospects-sign

National signing week is Nov. 13-20, and there are six top-10 prospects inside the espnW HoopGurlz Top 100 who are still undecided on their college futures.

W Angel Reese
St. Frances Academy, Baltimore, Maryland
espnW HoopGurlz rank: 2
In the mix: USC, Maryland, Syracuse
Prediction: Maryland. It has six players who are currently in the WNBA Finals, and the Terrapins had the fifth-ranked recruiting class in 2019.

PG Caitlin Clark
Dowling Catholic, Des Moines, Iowa
espnW HoopGurlz rank: 4
In the mix: Iowa, Iowa State, Notre Dame
Prediction: Notre Dame. The Irish have had great success in the last few years in landing great guards.

C Kamilla Cardosa
Hamilton Heights, Chattanooga, Tennessee
espnW HoopGurlz rank: 5
In the mix: Mississippi State, Ohio State, South Carolina, Syracuse
Prediction: Mississippi State. The Bulldogs are in the mix each year for an NCAA title and have success recruiting those players from the South.

PG Diamond Johnson
Sts. Neumann & Goretti, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
espnW HoopGurlz rank: 6
In the mix: NC State, Boston College, South Carolina, Rutgers, Virginia
Prediction: South Carolina. She has a Philly connection with coach Dawn Staley, one of the great point guards in women's basketball with a national title under her belt.

PG Sarah Andrews
MacArthur, Irving, Texas
espnW HoopGurlz rank: 7
In the mix: Florida State, Texas, Mississippi State, Louisville, Baylor
Prediction: Baylor. Andrews is Texas born and bred, and her teammate, Hannah Gusters (espnW HoopGurlz No. 9), is already committed to the defending champion Lady Bears.

G Hailey Van Lith
Cashmere, Rock Island, Washington
espnW HoopGurlz rank: 8
In the mix: UCLA, Louisville, Oregon, Baylor
Prediction: Louisville. The Cardinals had some success in the past with a guard from the Northwest named Shoni Schimmel.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 10/07/19 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cutting and pasting the ENTIRE article, so no one clicks on the link -- when it is well-established that clicks are measured?

And that is putting aside the fair use doctrine with respect to intellectual property...

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/07/19 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Cutting and pasting the ENTIRE article, so no one clicks on the link -- when it is well-established that clicks are measured?

And that is putting aside the fair use doctrine with respect to intellectual property...

It’s Shades, what else do you expect?

I agree with you emphatically though.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/07/19 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Well, I WOULD have clicked on the link to see more of the article. Now I don't have to.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
ucbart

PostPosted: 10/07/19 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmmmm...

Two kids have Syracuse in their final list. That's pretty cool. Cori Close made a believer out of me last year. I would love to see HVL go to UCLA.

taropatch

PostPosted: 10/07/19 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Its not the ENTIRE (your capitalization) article, it's the main points of the article.

Van Lith knows Walz's coaching style from this past summer with the USA team so does he have the inside track to this PG? I think Oregon has a good shot at her.

ucbart

PostPosted: 10/08/19 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Its not the ENTIRE (your capitalization) article, it's the main points of the article.

Van Lith knows Walz's coaching style from this past summer with the USA team so does he have the inside track to this PG? I think Oregon has a good shot at her.

I'd say Oregon certainly has three main things going for it for HVL.

1. Proximity to home
2. They are the glamour program of WCBB right now.
3. Nike

Oregon has a ton of recruits, but HVL knows that she is better than every other guard in this class not named Bueckers, so wherever she goes she will be the star.

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/08/19 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've had some discussions about elite players as we get ready for our preseason articles, and there's a sense that Van Lith and Andrews might be slightly overrated at this point. Obviously still very good but maybe not quite at that level.

And I think Cardoza is Brazilian or something, so I don't know if the connection to the South is as important as it might be for someone born and raised there.

Still, though, some serious talent waiting to be signed ...

PostPosted: 10/08/19 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HVL would be a good fit at the Ville because she could play as reckless as she wants without reins. Oregon is the best offer as all the aforementioned reasons (close to home, Oregon will be preseason top ranked team this year, etc.), but that means cleaning up the reckless and dirty play.....

shontay33

PostPosted: 10/08/19 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

I wouldn’t mind seeing Haley go to Oregon. She has that It factor like Ionscseu and is better suited with the ball in her hand. At Louisville she won’t be able to have the ball in her hands as much due to the influx of guards they have every year.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 10/08/19 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Well, I WOULD have clicked on the link to see more of the article. Now I don't have to.

And by not doing so, ESPN does not get another "click" - and "clicks" drive advertising for the site and coverage for the sport.

taropatch wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

It is also the overwhelming majority of salient points of the article and wholly outside and beyond the scope of fair sue.

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/08/19 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Van Lith did not show well with USA Basketball, despite all the minutes Jeff Walz gave her. 2 for 11 from three, 13/23 A/TO, I believe.

She plays in a smaller class in Washington, so it's hard to judge her performance in high school.

Those who saw the summer circuit say she's good, very good, but not quite elite.

PostPosted: 10/08/19 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could be right on Caitlin Clark....or not. Never underestimate the home state pull in Iowa.

PostPosted: 10/09/19 6:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clark has kept her decision making process very quiet leaving fan bases for the final three teams in the air. Irish Hawkeye and clone fans are looking at which other players are visiting the three school in order to Devine Clarks intentions.

WCBBFanz

PostPosted: 10/09/19 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting article and liking that WCBB is reaching out to recruits and printing an article like this.

While I agree on most of them a few I am wondering about.

HVL--Is it Oregon State or Oregon? Oregon has a stacked 5 player 2020 class. Not sure that would be the best fit there although she is a quality player. Louisville could be her destination.

Clark--I am (and have for a while) thought she was going to stay instate. I think Iowa would offer her the most playing time and ability to slide into the starting PG spot when she stepped on campus. Much like Samantha Logic who was also a highly decorated player to play for the Hawkeyes. Iowa State already has 4 guards in the 2020 class. I doubt ND ends up with Clark, Hayes, and Kelly. They already have Hayes--skeptical about where the other 2 go at this point.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/04/19 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So far this guy is 2 for 2 on his predictions.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/04/19 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see Oregon has 5 recruits, the lowest #33 Shocked

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 11/12/19 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Caitlin Clark to Iowa. This guy is on a losing streak with his predictions.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/12/19 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To be fair he did get Angel Reese & Sara Andrews correct . Not sure if there was every any question though . HVL to Louisville ? Hmmm

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: