RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

U.N. Climate Action Summit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 09/23/19 3:48 pm    ::: U.N. Climate Action Summit Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="660" height="371" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hGgzh7cqfaA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGgzh7cqfaA

PostPosted: 09/24/19 2:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the awesomeness of greta thunberg. i thought this segment of her speech was far more powerful and impressive. in any event, thank god for strong new voices like this.

<iframe title="New York Times Video - Embed Player" width="480" height="321" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen="true" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" id="nyt_video_player" src="https://www.nytimes.com/video/players/offsite/index.html?videoId=100000006732168"></iframe>

PostPosted: 09/24/19 7:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The things that people like Dinesh D'souza and his ilk say about her is absolutely disgusting.

PostPosted: 09/24/19 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
The things that people like Dinesh D'souza and his ilk say about her is absolutely disgusting.

we have so lost our way. and i'm afraid we can't be saved. let the mother of all volcanoes erupt, wipe us all out, then leave fertile ground for a new earth. even if we had a second coming - and yeah, i can get religion real fast - of god, jesus, any higher authority to save us, that being would be immediately locked up and medicated. we've got to hit rock bottom now. rebkell nation won't be around when it's over.

hopeless much? yes, i am, sadly. in a bipolar way. one moment, hope (thunberg). the next, dispair (all the other bad news of the day).

in the meantime, while i'm still breathing and reading all this nonsense, and speaking of disorders, this has got to be in the record books of political correctness: neuro-diversity. a term used in reference to, and in defense of, thunberg. idea's in the right place, but let's be a bit more precise, shall we? otherwise, um . . . does that mean that serial killers and others of that worthless ilk get a pass because they're . . . neuro-diverse? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 10/03/19 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10/07/19 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Teacher on leave for 'sniper rifle' comment about Greta Thunberg

Quote:
DES MOINES, Iowa - A Waterloo high school teacher is on administrative leave after he left a threatening Facebook comment on a news story about climate activist Greta Thunberg's Iowa City visit Friday.

Matt Baish, a science teacher at Waterloo West High School, posted "Dont have my sniper rifle" Thursday on an article shared from Little Village Magazine about Greta Thunberg, a 16-year-old Swedish girl who has been a leading voice of youth activism around climate change.

Baish's comment, in addition to his own Facebook page, appears to have been deleted. But screenshots of his comments were posted on the Waterloo Community School District Facebook page.

The teachers and students at West received a message about Baish on Friday, saying that he was put on leave, according to an email statement by Waterloo Schools director of school and community relations Tara Thomas.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/teacher-on-leave-for-sniper-rifle-comment-about-greta-thunberg/ar-AAImzJO?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: