Mystics
74%
 74%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 51

adamj95

PostPosted: 09/29/19 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Since the finals expanded to five games, only one team has lost Game One on the road then come back to win the series.

The Fever in 2012? In other words, Thibault would have to choke to the level of Reeve in that series in order to lose this one. It’s Thibault, so I suppose it could happen. I’d like to see Thibault throw his jacket.

Indiana won game 1 on the road in 2012.

PostPosted: 09/29/19 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Outside of the 1st quarter, this game was very even. Don't think the Sun will allow the Mystics to come out shooting that hot again.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 09/29/19 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Since the finals expanded to five games, only one team has lost Game One on the road then come back to win the series.

The Fever in 2012? In other words, Thibault would have to choke to the level of Reeve in that series in order to lose this one. It’s Thibault, so I suppose it could happen. I’d like to see Thibault throw his jacket.

The 2012 Fever won Game One.

The 2007 Merc lost Game One in Detroit but wound up winning it all.

PostPosted: 09/29/19 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bballgrl wrote:
What other team has prevented the opposite teams fans from buying tickets.

When the finals have been in Atlanta, Dream fans barely outnumbered the visitors

So the Dream did not ban visitors from buying tickets?

Does the WNBA support the Mystics banning visitors from the Sun buying tickets? I have never heard of that, plus one would think that the more tickets sold would give the W more revenue. That move sounds like the Mystics didn't want to play with a lot of Sun fans in the building. That sucks and is a cowardly way to do things.

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 09/29/19 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:

Does the WNBA support the Mystics banning visitors from the Sun buying tickets? I have never heard of that, plus one would think that the more tickets sold would give the W more revenue. That move sounds like the Mystics didn't want to play with a lot of Sun fans in the building. That sucks and is a cowardly way to do things.

Can you please give some facts as to this “banning”? (I don’t believe anyone from any zip code should be prohibited from buying seats to a game; I am just asking for facts.)

The arena, which is quite small (4200), was virtually sold out from Mystics season ticket holders. It’s been very difficult all summer to buy a decent seat.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/29/19 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Don’t know if my eyes are playing me or if I seen Julie Plank..

I’m in the arena. She is here. Great to see her!

If she is there for Game 2 can you ask her to forward her resume and WNBA coaching record (I know it's only two years) to Joe Tsai please?

PostPosted: 09/29/19 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Only got to see the highlights (youtube) but saw some really amazing moments. Go Mystics! Cool

PostPosted: 09/29/19 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
CourtsideTix wrote:
Shades wrote:
CourtsideTix wrote:
Great article in the Washington Post today about all the former Terps playing on the Mystics and Sun:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/09/27/wnba-finals-pits-mystics-vs-sun-bunch-terps-vs-each-other/

I’m surprised they didn’t mention Cloud’s one year at Maryland.

It's quite possible that the writer spoke with Cloud, and that Cloud, a proud graduate of Saint Joseph's, wants to be known for that and not her brief connection to the Terps.

That’s a silly notion since the point of the article is the pride of being from the University of Maryland, a local school. Her year with Maryland undoubtedly caught the eye of Thibault. It’s easy for him to scout Maryland.

Using that line of reasoning also implies that Kiara Leslie wasn’t a “proud graduate” of NCSU, since they revealed that she spent two years at Maryland. It’s usually not a matter of choice in these informative articles whether your or not school history is revealed. I think the author may have just missed it.

CourtsideTix wrote:
There's no question that everyone here in the DC-area who pays attention to the Mystics and to WCBB knows that Cloud started out as a Terp.

So why even bother writing this article if all the people that really matter already knows everything in this article? These people are actually probably wondering the same thing I am: Why was Cloud left out? 🤔

On a different note, Thibault used to scout heavily at UConn when he was with the Sun. Now he scouts heavily at the DC area schools. Either he realizes the value of local ties to sports and player performance OR he’s a lazy scout... or maybe a little bit of both? He just finds what he needs locally.

If the lazy scout drafts Cloud, Atkins and Meesseman outside of the top-5, I'd hate to see what he does while active.

PostPosted: 09/29/19 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
So the Dream did not ban visitors from buying tickets?

Laughing

There were always plenty of good seats available

PostPosted: 09/29/19 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The shots EDD makes requires such skill. Yet, she makes them look so easy. Probably, the smoothest offensive player I've ever seen and I've seen a lot.

PostPosted: 09/30/19 8:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
bballgrl wrote:

Can you please give some facts as to this “banning”? (I don’t believe anyone from any zip code should be prohibited from buying seats to a game; I am just asking for facts.)

The arena, which is quite small (4200), was virtually sold out from Mystics season ticket holders. It’s been very difficult all summer to buy a decent seat.

Hence all the more reason the Finals should have been played at Capital One Arena.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 09/30/19 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
CourtsideTix wrote:
bballgrl wrote:

Hence all the more reason the Finals should have been played at Capital One Arena.

As I said, I don't agree with any team doing this.

I also think it would have been unwise to move the Finals to the Capital One Arena. The Mystics have a new home, and yes, imho it's a few thousand seats too small, but it would have been a disservice to the team to move them into a cavern for the playoffs. They've been playing in one arena their entire season, and that's where they should finish out their home games.

PRballer

PostPosted: 09/30/19 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Don’t know if my eyes are playing me or if I seen Julie Plank..

I’m in the arena. She is here. Great to see her!

Saw that! Does anyone know the two women she was sitting with? Looked familiar but I couldn't place them.

Also spotted local high school star Azzi Fudd close to courtside! That's pretty cool.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/30/19 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:

Also spotted local high school star Azzi Fudd close to courtside! That's pretty cool.

Was Paige Bueckers with her or was she too busy being a supastah?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/30/19 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
PRballer wrote:

Was Paige Bueckers with her or was she too busy being a supastah?

She was with her family courtside lol

PostPosted: 09/30/19 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

from Courtside:

I also think it would have been unwise to move the Finals to the Capital One Arena. The Mystics have a new home, and yes, imho it's a few thousand seats too small, but it would have been a disservice to the team to move them into a cavern for the playoffs. They've been playing in one arena their entire season, and that's where they should finish out their home games.

Say so Courtside! We long suffering Mystics fan love it right where we are. From an original STH to another!

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 09/30/19 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some Mystics fans are worried about a jinx from moving to a different venue. It’s been their “lucky venue”, so they don’t want to risk a change. Never mind that it’s a venue the players are familiar with.

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 09/30/19 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Some Mystics fans are worried about a jinx from moving to a different venue. It’s been their “lucky venue”, so they don’t want to risk a change. Never mind that it’s a venue the players are familiar with.

And you are getting this from where?

This Mystics fan, and everyone with whom I've spoken, is concerned about the players as well as the home court advantage that is lost when you don't play on --- your home court. What a radical notion.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/30/19 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is ESA also the Mystics practice gym? Seems like that would matter too.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/30/19 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
Shades wrote:

This Mystics fan, and everyone with whom I've spoken, is concerned about the players as well as the home court advantage that is lost when you don't play on --- your home court. What a radical notion.

It’s logical deduction. Nothing you said explains why the arena most of them played in last year wouldn’t be considered a home court. Should it be considered a neutral court now?

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 09/30/19 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Is ESA also the Mystics practice gym? Seems like that would matter too.

Yes. Besides the game court, there are two full-sized practice courts. And, of course, their weight room and other training facilities are there as well.

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 09/30/19 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
CourtsideTix wrote:
Shades wrote:

It’s logical deduction. . . .

Rolling Eyes Laughing Rolling Eyes

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/30/19 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A couple notes:

*EDD. Those are big-time, back-breaker, go-away-you-bother-me shots. Wow.

*The Mystics can hide Toliver on Stricklen because she's a one-trick pony.

*The talent difference is Meesseman. Morgan Tuck=Aerial Powers, but there's no one as good as Meesseman on the Sun's bench.

*Yes, EDD gets protected, but she's also smart -- she knows what the refs will call on her. But she's not the reason the Sun committed more fouls. They struggle to stay in front of Toliver, Powers and Meesseman, and EDD knows how to get to the line.

PostPosted: 09/30/19 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Powers is better than Tuck.

PostPosted: 09/30/19 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Powers is better than Tuck.

BUT UCONN!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: