RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Las Vegas Aces 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/25/19 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
I found a stat sheet for the game. McBride shot 20% on both 2 and 3 point shots. Total of 8 points, 3 for 3 on Free Throws. She needs to go.

I don't think the priority for a team that desperately needs to space the floor around their star bigs is going to be getting rid of their one consistently elite outside shooter.

PostPosted: 09/26/19 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Angus24 wrote:
I found a stat sheet for the game. McBride shot 20% on both 2 and 3 point shots. Total of 8 points, 3 for 3 on Free Throws. She needs to go.

I don't think the priority for a team that desperately needs to space the floor around their star bigs is going to be getting rid of their one consistently elite outside shooter.

Oddly, Basketball Reference credits McBride with a huge jump in defensive efficiency this year -- and you don't think of her for defense.

She's a very good shooter, and her PER this past season was 16.7 (15.0 is supposedly average). She had a PER of 18.9 in 2018 in her age 26 season, so there's reason to believe that she's peaked. Still, if the defensive improvement is real, she's a valuable piece for any franchise -- a first-division starter, if you will.

PostPosted: 09/26/19 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
She had a PER of 18.9 in 2018 in her age 26 season, so there's reason to believe that she's peaked.

Or that Liz Cambage joined her team and cut her usage rate by 20%.

Obviously you'd love it if she was slightly more consistent in producing absolutely every night, game in and game out, but the players that do that are on a very very short list. She's basically the kind of player you want surrounding the likes of Wilson and Cambage. She's a constant threat to score if you leave her open, she's effective without needing the ball in her hands, and she'll work hard. If they did want to trade her there'd be a hell of a lot of interest.

You'll note her name never came up in all the hundreds of Cambage trade scenarios - because there was no way that Vegas were going to include her.

PostPosted: 09/26/19 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McBride shot 42.5% on both FG and 3 Pts for the season which is very good but if the other team concentrates on shutting her down then game over for the Aces. I would argue that that is easier to do for her because of her rather unusual shooting stroke. If they leave her open then its bombs away and she will put up a lot of points.

Angus24

PostPosted: 09/28/19 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Aces have a front court as good as any in the league but few games are won on just front point scoring alone. Where are the Aces going to get it if the other team shuts down McBride?

mavcarter
#NAPT

PostPosted: 09/28/19 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
The Aces have a front court as good as any in the league but few games are won on just front point scoring alone. Where are the Aces going to get it if the other team shuts down McBride?

Who can the Aces realistically acquire that’s better than McBride?

PostPosted: 09/28/19 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:

The Aces used McBride at the three almost all of the season. She's part of their front court scoring.

PostPosted: 09/29/19 12:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just ran into VJ in Miami and I must say she was so delightful and pleasant! Vegas you guys have a keeper !! Cool Very Happy Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: