RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Democratic Presidential Primary Candidates 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 09/25/19 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Warren is also ahead in the Economist/YouGov Poll

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/hqfjbs2lws/econTabReport.pdf

PostPosted: 09/26/19 12:41 pm    ::: Wall Street Democrats: We’ll sit out, or back Trump... Reply Reply with quote

Wall Street Democratic donors warn the party: We’ll sit out, or back Trump, if you nominate Elizabeth Warren

Quote:
Democratic donors on Wall Street and in big business are preparing to sit out the presidential campaign fundraising cycle — or even back President Donald Trump — if Sen. Elizabeth Warren wins the party’s nomination.

In recent weeks, CNBC spoke to several high-dollar Democratic donors and fundraisers in the business community and found that this opinion was becoming widely shared as Warren, an outspoken critic of big banks and corporations, gains momentum against Joe Biden in the 2020 race.

“You’re in a box because you’re a Democrat and you’re thinking, ‘I want to help the party, but she’s going to hurt me, so I’m going to help President Trump,’” said a senior private equity executive, who spoke on condition of anonymity in fear of retribution by party leaders. The executive said this Wednesday, a day after Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced that the House would begin a formal impeachment inquiry into Trump.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/26/wall-street-democratic-donors-may-back-trump-if-warren-is-nominated.html

As if she gives a damn. This is actually a good look for her. She doesn't want their money anyway. She currently doesn't accept it.

Nobody is scared of Wall Street. You can donate to a campaign via fb or even Alexa.

PostPosted: 09/26/19 12:56 pm    ::: Re: Wall Street Democrats: We’ll sit out, or back Trump... Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
As if she gives a damn. This is actually a good look for her. She doesn't want their money anyway. She currently doesn't accept it.

Amen! If this plays out over time, it will reveal much about the grip corporatocracy has on our land.

PostPosted: 09/28/19 7:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/27/october-democratic-debate-one-night-1516640

Quote:
The Democratic National Committee intends to hold its fourth presidential primary debate on one night in October, packing the stage with as many as 12 qualified candidates.

That's one way to ensure the lesser known candidates don't get heard

PostPosted: 09/28/19 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/27/october-democratic-debate-one-night-1516640

Quote:
The Democratic National Committee intends to hold its fourth presidential primary debate on one night in October, packing the stage with as many as 12 qualified candidates.

That's one way to ensure the lesser known candidates don't get heard

Damn, was hoping for less this time.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
taropatch

PostPosted: 09/29/19 1:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Gabbard has qualified for the October debate

She has crushed in past elections here with 70% but I believe Hawaiians have had enough of Tulsi. Three ex-governors of the 50th state have endorsed State Rep Kahele in the next race to unseat her though she has not declared her candidacy for her current office as she piddles around in her ill-fated Presidential Campaign. Unofficial polls show that her constituents felt she had no business running for Prez. Her job was to represent us in Washington but her Palin-esque urges to seize the national limelight were too strong. Hopefully, she drops out and when she does it won’t be soon enough.

Genero36

PostPosted: 09/29/19 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Booker announces campaign reaches donor threshold for November debate

Quote:
Washington (CNN)Democratic Sen. Cory Booker on Sunday announced he has reached the required donor threshold to qualify for the fifth Democratic presidential debate despite his campaign running behind on a self-imposed donation fundraising goal of $1.7 million.

The New Jersey senator's announcement comes after the Democratic National Committee announced last week that candidates must meet higher donor thresholds in order to qualify for the November debates. Candidates must raise money from 165,000 separate donors -- including a minimum of 600 donors each in at least 20 states or territories, up from the current minimum of 130,000 donors.

"We have nearly 35,000 donors who have been helping us make this goal.

We've raised $1.5 million plus," Booker told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union" Sunday. "We've actually already crossed the threshold to make the November debates of 165,000 unique donors. The surge and the momentum is great, but yeah, I still need help."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/29/politics/cory-booker-reaches-donor-threshold-november-debate-cnntv/index.html

PostPosted: 10/02/19 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bernie Sanders undergoes procedure for artery blockage, cancels events until further notice

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/02/bernie-sanders-undergoes-surgery-for-artery-blockage-cancels-events-until-further-notice.html

Quote:
The Sanders campaign appears to have started canceling a $1.3 million ad buy slated to start Thursday in the first-in-the-nation nominating state of Iowa, according to NBC News. It only announced the television ad on Tuesday.

PostPosted: 10/02/19 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s just a stent procedure. Bernie should be better than ever in a few days.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
justintyme

PostPosted: 10/02/19 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Yeah, relatively minor procedure. Typically only an overnight stay just for observation and since it doesn't involve actual invasive surgery, has very little time required for convalescence.

The biggest problem for Bernie is that this procedure is associated with coronary heart disease, and adds fuel to the fire over concerns about his age. This comes at a bad time with Warren surging, as progressive voters might start to solidify behind her as "their candidate" and the race could become a two person Biden/Warren affair.

PostPosted: 10/02/19 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Shades wrote:

Yeah, relatively minor procedure. Typically only an overnight stay just for observation and since it doesn't involve actual invasive surgery, has very little time required for convalescence.

The biggest problem for Bernie is that this procedure is associated with coronary heart disease, and adds fuel to the fire over concerns about his age. This comes at a bad time with Warren surging, as progressive voters might start to solidify behind her as "their candidate" and the race could become a two person Biden/Warren affair.

Sanders' poll numbers haven't moved in months. He has his bloc and that's all he can get.

PostPosted: 10/05/19 2:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bernie may be in deep doo now. apparently, he had a heart attack and was not forthcoming. not that i'd expect him to personally make an announcement that quickly, but his campaign could've tried to get ahead of it. to say nothing about it for three days is not good and goes against the straightforward nature he has projected.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/04/politics/bernie-sanders-leaves-hospital/index.html

PostPosted: 10/05/19 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
bernie may be in deep doo now. apparently, he had a heart attack and was not forthcoming. not that i'd expect him to personally make an announcement that quickly, but his campaign could've tried to get ahead of it. to say nothing about it for three days is not good and goes against the straightforward nature he has projected.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/04/politics/bernie-sanders-leaves-hospital/index.html

I don’t know why you think it was hidden. We were talking about it three days ago.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/05/19 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, the stent placement was announced quickly, and almost always, stent placement indicates a heart attack. Even without that, though, it just seems counter-productive to consider electing a man who will be 79 in a few days, and in his 80s for his presidency.

*I* don't have a problem with that....he is the intellectual peer/superior of any rival, but....we can be a very age-ist culture.

PostPosted: 10/05/19 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
sambista wrote:

I don’t know why you think it was hidden. We were talking about it three days ago.

if they were saying "heart attack" three days ago, then i missed it. all i read was about a stent.

i should add that someone in my family had a stent procedure as a preventative measure. there was no heart attack. word game.

PostPosted: 10/06/19 9:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
Shades wrote:
sambista wrote:

if they were saying "heart attack" three days ago, then i missed it. all i read was about a stent.

i should add that someone in my family had a stent procedure as a preventative measure. there was no heart attack. word game.

Yup.

Him and Biden are too old. They need to figure it out and exit already. It’s selfish.

PostPosted: 10/06/19 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure why people are treating heart attack as some sort of scarlet letter. David Letterman had quintuple heart bypass surgery 19 years ago and he’s still going strong. Sanders only required two stents to fix the problem, and he’s been thoroughly checked out. They have equipment that can look at the condition of the arteries.

Pretty predictable that people that never wanted him to be a candidate are being opportunistic in saying that he “must drop out” because of this.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/06/19 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Not sure why people are treating heart attack as some sort of scarlet letter. David Letterman had quintuple heart bypass surgery 19 years ago and he’s still going strong. Sanders only required two stents to fix the problem, and he’s been thoroughly checked out. They have equipment that can look at the condition of the arteries.

Pretty predictable that people that never wanted him to be a candidate are being opportunistic in saying that he “must drop out” because of this.

Letterman wasn't in his upper 70's 19 years ago. I bet $1 Sanders won't live another 19 years.

PostPosted: 10/06/19 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

Letterman wasn't in his upper 70's 19 years ago. I bet $1 Sanders won't live another 19 years.

yuh, i don't think anyone's doing a scarlet letter that way. it's just the odds, and we want a president whose odds are really good that s/he'll survive the term. and electing someone young or younger, or deemed healthy or healthier, is no guarantee either, but the odds are better, y'know? i'll bet even the most diehard sanders supporters are secretly wishing he were younger.

under the right circumstances, i could go for either bernie or biden. but in this case, given all the elements at play and the real risk of a second term for tripe, both are being a bit selfish. bowing out would be the ultimate, honorable thing to do.

PostPosted: 10/06/19 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still believe that if Biden gets the nomination that he selects either Buttigieg, Harris or Yang as his VP. Then Biden only does one term and passes the torch to his VP.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/06/19 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I still believe that if Biden gets the nomination that he selects either Buttigieg, Harris or Yang as his VP. Then Biden only does one term and passes the torch to his VP.

Not Buttigieg. I can't imagine an all-white Democratic ticket this time. Definitely not an all-white, all-male ticket.

VP choices usually don't come from the ranks to presidential candidates. Think Pence, Caine, Ryan, Lieberman, Palin, Cheney, Gore, Quayle, Edwards, etc., etc., We think of Obama choosing Biden, but that was an outlier choice.

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/06/19 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I mean, come on, the dude would turn 80 years old during his first year as president and he just had a freaking heart attack.

Even a "minor" heart attack involves some amount of irreversible damage to the heart muscle and is considered a "major" health episode. The long-term consequences of this can range from minimal to serious and there is really no way to know without talking to his doctors.

So does "heart attack" mean we should immediately disqualify Sanders? No. I would say that if he releases his medical records and assurances from doctors that this is minor and his health prognosis is solid moving forward that should be taken into consideration. But, at the same time, suggesting that this shouldn't be considered at all, or that only "haters" would be concerned about this or would think it was a big deal is Trump-level hand-waving.

PostPosted: 10/06/19 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I personally think Biden's popularity is primarily from his association with Obama, less than his ideas/platform. The Trump/Shell-shocked constituency is reaching backward for their last memories of 'sensibility' in government. Drop that rope, baby.

Bernie's ideas are awesome, and his mind is still good, imo. The cardio concern IS real AT HIS AGE.

The Best is yet to come.

PostPosted: 10/06/19 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Bernie's ideas are awesome, and his mind is still good, imo

His mind may be good now, but that can also go quickly when you're closing in on 80.

PostPosted: 10/06/19 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:
Bernie's ideas are awesome, and his mind is still good, imo

His mind may be good now, but that can also go quickly when you're closing in on 80.

right now, bernie's mind is running circles around biden's.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 22 of 43

Jump to: