RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Trump seeks election help from foreign power...again
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/25/19 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Apparently prior to the announcement, Donald called Pelosi and asked if “they could work something out.”

She told him his people can obey the law, then announced the official impeachment inquiry. Laughing

where'd you hear/read that, merc?

about the presser:

jeffrey toobin: "a torrent of lies.”

john king: "that was a somber, sulking president."

no, that was a whiny, punk-ass bitch.

A bunch of articles were reporting it, but here is a link to one.
https://theweek.com/speedreads/867482/trump-reportedly-asked-pelosi-deal-before-impeachment-launch-said-could-obey-law

Pretty sure he tried to fire her today. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/25/19 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"This is a reasonable request that the Committee strongly supports and expects your office to fulfill immediately," Schiff wrote.
Schiff's letter comes after the whistleblower's legal counsel wrote to the committee Wednesday reiterating the conditions of a possible meeting between lawmakers and their client.

"We have reaffirmed our client's request for direction by correspondence to Acting Director Maguire, a copy of which is included as an enclosure.

Furthermore, we have requested for the Acting Director to process and grant myself, I. Charles McCullough, III, and Mark S. Zaid the appropriate security clearances so that legal counsel may be in attendance at any meetings with our client. I am sure you can understand that it is imperative that a whistleblower, especially one caught up in such a high profile matter involving the President, have experienced legal counsel by their side. Your cooperation in ensuring this occurs would help facilitate a future meeting or testimony," the letter said.

The whistleblower will not appear before lawmakers on Thursday, nor are they currently scheduled to appear before Congress, a source familiar with the situation told CNN.

The source said that the process is underway to ensure the lawyers have access, if needed, to the relevant classified information. Lawmakers have not been told the identity of the whistleblower or where the complainant works in the government.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/25/politics/whistleblower-agrees-to-testify/index.html

PostPosted: 09/25/19 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ahhh, the marvelous mental imagery of imagining his orange face on black T-shirts, with day-glo lettering: "Lock Him Up!" Very Happy

I know, I know....I'm getting ahead of things, thinking of when NY gets a hold of his sorry wrinkled azz AFTER he's impeached.

Good-ol'fashioned southern belle, Lindsey Graham, continued to make himself look more ignorant tonight on PBS: (I paraphrase) "This is not anything serious enough for impeachment."

Of course, we all know a lie about a stained blue dress was quite enough.

PostPosted: 09/26/19 2:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
sambista wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Apparently prior to the announcement, Donald called Pelosi and asked if “they could work something out.”

She told him his people can obey the law, then announced the official impeachment inquiry. Laughing

where'd you hear/read that, merc?

about the presser:

jeffrey toobin: "a torrent of lies.”

john king: "that was a somber, sulking president."

no, that was a whiny, punk-ass bitch.

A bunch of articles were reporting it, but here is a link to one.
https://theweek.com/speedreads/867482/trump-reportedly-asked-pelosi-deal-before-impeachment-launch-said-could-obey-law

Pretty sure he tried to fire her today. Laughing

thanks. yesterday was one of those days when i was glued all day and still missed that little gem. didn't read as sexy as it sounded.

PostPosted: 09/26/19 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 09/26/19 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/ukraine-whistleblowers-lawyers-work-for-group-that-offers-to-pay-officials-who-leak-against-trump

Pay attention to what Ukraine whistleblower reported, not motivations for speaking out

Quote:
Whistleblowers are often viewed or portrayed as troublemakers or sticklers about minor rules. They often do not report fraud until after they are terminated, raising accusations of revenge. Many of the whistleblower laws we utilize provide substantial awards to a whistleblower. These rewards can run into hundreds of millions of dollars. Defendants invariably claim that a whistleblower's allegations are motivated by greed.

Quote:
Defendants invariably want to put the whistleblower on trial. But the law, as regularly applied in federal court, is that the whistleblower and his or her motives are irrelevant.

Quote:
The law attempts to avoid these dangers by removing focus from the whistleblower altogether. The allegations are either true or not. Ultimately, if funds were withheld for corrupt purposes or the president asked a foreign power to fabricate dirt on a political opponent, then who cares why the whistleblower came forward? This is not a she said, he said matter and cannot be permitted to become one. The president either violated his oath of office or he didn’t, and no amount of whistleblower “baggage” exonerates impeachable conduct.

PostPosted: 09/26/19 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What exactly did the whistleblower hear? A secondhand account of a conversation? Who hired said whistleblower? John Brennan? Why does this person choose to remain anonymous? Why did Adam Schiff withhold this information since August? What law(s) did President Trump break? What happens when the evidence/credibility breaks down? Does anyone even bother asking these questions anymore? It's no wonder the moderate Democrats are angry with the establishment. This WILL end with little to no fanfare (or evidence).

justintyme

PostPosted: 09/26/19 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
What exactly did the whistleblower hear? A secondhand account of a conversation? Who hired said whistleblower? John Brennan? Why does this person choose to remain anonymous? Why did Adam Schiff withhold this information since August? What law(s) did President Trump break? What happens when the evidence/credibility breaks down? Does anyone even bother asking these questions anymore? It's no wonder the moderate Democrats are angry with the establishment. This WILL end with little to no fanfare (or evidence).

Read the complaint. Most of these questions make absolutely no sense.

Who cares who the whistleblower is? Who cares why he wishes to remain anonymous? Who cares who hired him? What does the whistleblower's personal credibility matter for anything? The whole point of the whistleblower law is that who they are and what their motivations are do not matter.

What matters in a whistleblower case is the facts and only the facts. The whistleblower doesn't matter because their personal credibility is utterly irrelevant. Their motivations are irrelevant. They could be the biggest Trump hating liar in the world, and it would have zero bearing on the facts of the case. Why? Because it's not a he said/she said case. They are there simply to provide facts for the case. Facts that are verifiable through other means and through investigation. Either the facts will say that this happened or they will say it didn't.

Here, the whistleblower reported, through the proper channels, accounts of wrongdoing that he had become familiar with because other sources had come to him. What those sources told him specifically, he detailed out in the complaint, and he detailed out to the Inspector General exactly who who those sources were. Those sources are the actual witnesses then that were interviewed by the IG which led him to determine that the complaint was "credible". It will be those people, people who were actually present, people with first hand knowledge, that will be called to testify about what they saw and heard and what else they know. That along with any other evidence that is uncovered is what will be used here, not the whistleblower's account. That account is meant to just get the ball rolling and point investigators to the right places.

So why does no one ask these questions? Because people who know better know they are irrelevant questions to ask and are nothing more than distractions.

PostPosted: 09/26/19 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The NY Times used to be respectable and ethical. Something's gone dreadfully wrong up there.

PostPosted: 09/26/19 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The NY Times used to be respectable and ethical. Something's gone dreadfully wrong up there.

Agree.

Everything I just posted is the exact reason why who this whistleblower is, is not newsworthy.

It's been pointed out that had this fellow gone through illegal channels and leaked to the NYT, they would fall over backwards to protect their source. But since he went through legitimate legal sources they feel he is fair game. The ethics of that calculation should make people angry.

Why not extend all whistleblowers the same protections you would to your own sources?

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/26/19 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why do some of you respond to the troll?

PostPosted: 09/27/19 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:

Because in this case, this was not trolling; or at least it's not any more trollish than what typically is thrown into comments around here.

PostPosted: 09/27/19 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Poor benighted Kellyanne.... she seems so righteously indignant at the thought of Rep. Schiff LYING! Laughing Laughing

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/27/19 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Because in this case, this was not trolling; or at least it's not any more trollish than what typically is thrown into comments around here.

I guess we have different definitions. Very Happy

PostPosted: 09/29/19 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am not given to watching Fox News, but I caught this delightful interchange between Chris Wallace and Bot Mon Miller from this morning. I'm beginning to think there is some validity to pundits saying this boy has no soul. I'm thinking Trumpeez are desperate for defenders of the realm, if they're giving HIM 'Talk Up The Defense' airtime. Shocked Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 09/30/19 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I am not given to watching Fox News, but I caught this delightful interchange between Chris Wallace and Bot Mon Miller from this morning. I'm beginning to think there is some validity to pundits saying this boy has no soul. I'm thinking Trumpeez are desperate for defenders of the realm, if they're giving HIM 'Talk Up The Defense' airtime. Shocked Rolling Eyes

i tried to watch. i didn't get very far.

PostPosted: 09/30/19 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:
Howee wrote:

i tried to watch. i didn't get very far.

Oh, you really oughtta watch it all. Chris Wallace holds his trollish little feet to the fire beautifully. Razz

PostPosted: 09/30/19 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="660" height="371" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F9wn-_RqgjM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9wn-_RqgjM

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: