RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mystics fans being priced out of finals tickets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 09/24/19 10:43 pm    ::: Mystics fans being priced out of finals tickets Reply Reply with quote

The Mystics making the finals is a bit bittersweet for some people, since resellers have already swooped up tickets and are selling them for close to 200 dollars! A few of my friends are longtime fans but won’t be able to go as they just... can’t afford it. This could be solved if they played it at Capital One, which is available for at least games 1 and 2. if anyone would like to try and help out (or just shame MSE) http://chng.it/kNhLYMcdtw[/url]

PostPosted: 09/24/19 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

looks like the link didn’t work the first time: http://chng.it/pVHgfGjC

PostPosted: 09/24/19 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn't lose hope - the resellers may have blundered by pricing so high. If people don't buy the tickets the prices will come down. But they may be higher than the usual ones.

Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 09/24/19 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I wouldn't lose hope - the resellers may have blundered by pricing so high. If people don't buy the tickets the prices will come down. But they may be higher than the usual ones.

You’re right, I’m really hoping because otherwise this would really bum out some long suffering fans... thank u for those words tho that does give me some hope

PostPosted: 09/25/19 5:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:

All the more reason they should play at Capital One Arena for the Finals.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
ripleydc

PostPosted: 09/25/19 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:

And give up their amazing home court advantage? They won’t move the game and they shouldn’t.

Mystics are the hottest ticket in town right now. I bet the resellers get their asking prices.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/25/19 7:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess one way to look at it - when was the last time a Mystics game (or even a WNBA game for that matter) was a hot ticket? Could be the price of success.

Sad

ripleydc

PostPosted: 09/25/19 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I guess one way to look at it - when was the last time a Mystics game (or even a WNBA game for that matter) was a hot ticket? Could be the price of success.

Price of success + Arena built a couple of thousand seats too small = HOT ticket 🎫

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/25/19 8:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What they need is a system that's more careful about who and how you're selling the initial run of tickets. Obviously it rarely matters for WNBA games so maybe they're not prepared for it, but the first availability should be for season ticket holders, and then to people with a track record of having at least bought some Mystics tickets before. Don't just sell as many as you like to the first people on the phone when they're available.

It's a shame there isn't a facility to expand the arena. Sellouts are great, but sellouts where you could've sold thousands more are a little bit of a shame.

PostPosted: 09/25/19 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:

And give up their amazing home court advantage? They won’t move the game and they shouldn’t.

Mystics are the hottest ticket in town right now. I bet the resellers get their asking prices.

They're a hot ticket because they only hold 4,200. This is why I wish the arena held more. Mystics could likely draw 7-8,000 for the Finals, if not more.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/25/19 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
What they need is a system that's more careful about who and how you're selling the initial run of tickets. Obviously it rarely matters for WNBA games so maybe they're not prepared for it, but the first availability should be for season ticket holders, and then to people with a track record of having at least bought some Mystics tickets before. Don't just sell as many as you like to the first people on the phone when they're available.

It's a shame there isn't a facility to expand the arena. Sellouts are great, but sellouts where you could've sold thousands more are a little bit of a shame.

The Dream used to ask for a deposit and card number and you would be guaranteed tickets for the entire playoffs. I was a STH at the time but I think that was the deal for everyone.* I was looking at the Mystics tickets a few weeks ago and looked its like they used the same system. They wanted a $100 deposit, so I think it was possible to get yours before the vultures got theirs.

* In later years STH got them for free by showing up.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 09/25/19 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Official Mystics Tickets for all 3 (if necessary) Finals games in DC go on sale tomorrow, Thursday at 2 PM.

Resale tix are available from Ticketmaster now, but any seats not yet sold to STHs or reserved for team and VIPs, will be released Thursday afternoon.

I don’t think there will be many tickets available, but a few fans just might get lucky if they are ready jump on this tomorrow at 2 PM!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/25/19 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
ripleydc wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Mysticsfan12 wrote:

They're a hot ticket because they only hold 4,200. This is why I wish the arena held more. Mystics could likely draw 7-8,000 for the Finals, if not more.

They had that shot last season toad and you saw how that went.

PostPosted: 09/25/19 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix always has the playoff option for the current season included in the renewal for the next year for STH. You can choose to get playoff tickets in your same seats when you renew. If you pay for the renewal before the playoffs, they will send a separate bill for the playoff games.

But playoff tickets are always priced higher per game than the regular season tickets.

I choose to get playoff tickets when I renewed for next season and since we didn't have any home playoff games this season, I won't have a separate bill.

You can also choose to get playoff tickets added to your account without the renewal and pay for them in a separate billing. Nice thing is that you have the same seat unless the game is played at a different venue.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/25/19 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystics now have an offer - buy season tickets for next year and get finals tickets for this year.

I can't think of better advertising for the Mystics than hearing that finals tickets are going for $200.

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/26/19 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the franchise and the league, having tickets in demand and selling over face value on the secondary market is great. It's a tremendous step forward, and a product of shifting to the smaller arena (which despite the naysayers has seemed to work out just fine).

It looks like it would have been better with a capacity of 6,000 or so, but still, the buzz created by ticket demand is definitely worth something.

As for fans who've been buying single-game tickets during the season, the bump in prices and demand is a negative -- but that's the price of success. If the Mystics were terrible, playoff prices wouldn't even come into play.

It's like upgrading a city center -- at first, the existing businesses are all for it because the streets are cleaner, and crime is down. But then, inevitably, rents go up and those same existing businesses now complain they are getting priced out of the area. Well, they are, certainly, but that comes with the upgrade of the area. You can't have it both ways ...

PostPosted: 09/26/19 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Again, though, as someone posted, tickets for the finals are actually not on sale yet to the public. That happens at 2 pm today on the Ticketmaster site. They will not be $200 there and there will be some available.

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 09/26/19 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There were plenty of tickets for less than $50 when tickets went on sale, and still a whole bunch at $45 a half hour later. That's for Sunday's game. Even more available for Tuesday's game and for the third (if necessary) game.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/26/19 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sun's game 3 on October 6 is close to a sellout. Very limited seats in the lower bowl.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 09/27/19 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The Sun's game 3 on October 6 is close to a sellout. Very limited seats in the lower bowl.

Yep had to needle plan holders to renew or forget it and pushed up a deadline due to the high demand great to see thats gonna be LIT MAN

PostPosted: 09/27/19 12:43 pm    ::: Re: Mystics fans being priced out of finals tickets Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:
The Mystics making the finals is a bit bittersweet for some people, since resellers have already swooped up tickets and are selling them for close to 200 dollars! A few of my friends are longtime fans but won’t be able to go as they just... can’t afford it. This could be solved if they played it at Capital One, which is available for at least games 1 and 2. if anyone would like to try and help out (or just shame MSE) http://chng.it/kNhLYMcdtw[/url]

Capital One sounds like a pretty good idea... What's in Your Wallet? Idea Arrow
    Shocked

<iframe width="320" height="240" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0DRbemGosZM?start=25" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Oh come on! Exclamation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: