42%
 42%  [ 14 ]
Aces
57%
 57%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 33

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 09/25/19 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to the Mystics for winning a hard-fought series. They have an incredibly talented team, and I'd love to see EDD recognized with a championship. However, looking at the combined scores for all 4 games, the Styx beat the Aces by a total of one point, and Wilson barely showed up in two of the Aces losses. I have to believe she's got some nagging injury or illness because just mailing it in has never been her style. I sincerely hope Liz returns next year so we can see what this team can truly accomplish, and that Bill finds a way to lengthen the bench a bit, because this seven player rotation can't maintain the requisite intensity for a full game.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/25/19 12:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As well as Plum played in these playoffs (15.2 PPG, 7.8 APG, 49% FG, 52% 3PT to be specific Very Happy ), neither Chicago nor Washington have good backcourts defensively (Plum generally had Sloot and Toliver guarding her). It would've really tested her had Vegas gotten matched up with teams like Connecticut or Seattle that have defensive-oriented PGs. Vegas' opponents too chose not to have their SFs guard Plum; seeing how she'd play against those types would've been interesting as well.

She played all 40 minutes in this last game, which might be a good sign for her future in Vegas... especially if it's really true that her best is yet to come.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 09/25/19 5:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
FG% and 3PT% are not very good indicators when comparing these 2 teams

Do you happen to have an indicator that you consider "good," besides "scoreboard"?

I'm just saying that the Mystics shot twice as many threes per game as the Aces, which will obviously skew the numbers. Aces are a bad 3pt shooting team despite having the best percentage in the league.

eFG% for both teams was identical in the series

That would still seem to support my statement that the real decider in this series was turnovers, even if I was wrong about Vegas "outplaying" them, in terms of shooting.

I don't disagree with that

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/25/19 5:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
I think A’ja May have realized this is Queen Cabbages team. Egos could be shot ijs tho. As bad as the Styx played that half they go into half up 2.Vegas won’t win if A’ja goes o’fer again this next half. #MVProven

Bingo.....

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 09/25/19 5:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So sad to see Liz crying after the game. That's never happened before has it? Wonder who she will demand to be traded to next year. (Hint: LA) Or if she will even show up? Razz Or whether she will write another tell all about herself in the Whiner's Tribune. Razz Razz

I wasn't able to watch the game, however, your comments have made me so happy, there is nothing that can happen the rest of the day that will ruin it for me😁😁😁

Genero36

PostPosted: 09/25/19 7:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to the Mystics (no longer the Mistakes). It's been a long time coming for this franchise.

Come on Thibault! Get that ring!

PostPosted: 09/25/19 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The perfect response to the Bossy Aussie! After flashing her abs...

https://twitter.com/Bischoff_Tyler/status/1176694786540982272?s=20

Randy

PostPosted: 09/25/19 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:

Tolliver's look is kind of interesting. Like maybe she'e a bit embarrassed? Smile

Shades

PostPosted: 09/25/19 10:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Carol Anne wrote:

Tolliver's look is kind of interesting. Like maybe she'e a bit embarrassed? Smile

It may be hard to believe, but Toliver is 32 yrs old. She has a NBA job. She’s a lot more mature than she used to be. Remember when she used to curse, pout, and spit on the floor, not unlike Taurasi? Nobody’s calling her Lil’ Mopey anymore.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 09/25/19 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 09/25/19 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Carol Anne wrote:

Maybe she didn't hit the gym

PostPosted: 09/25/19 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

perfect response

PostPosted: 09/25/19 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's funny to your boy how y'all are here for the petty, when it's from someone on your approved list.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Shades

PostPosted: 09/25/19 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aO-05vztio0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3gJItzXFsb0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/25/19 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:

Might have been lost on Liz. Or does she know what those are now.

PostPosted: 09/25/19 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just watched the end of the game on the DVR ...

*Plum set Bill off when she didn't jump out on Meesemann's late basket that really decided the game. Toliver set a nice screen, but Plum didn't switch. Killer mistake ...

*Liz missed a lot of close-in shots. Obviously she's getting bumped but in most games she makes two or three more of those, and two or three would have been enough.

*EDD did a nice defensive job on Wilson, which is one reason she only had four shots.

*Toliver now has three more days to recover/get ready, which should help. She wasn't great but she helped them win.

*WNBA haters will point to EDD's missed layup and Hamby's missed layup late as reasons to diss the league. But that was a high-level game between two excellent basketball teams.

PostPosted: 09/25/19 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Carol Anne wrote:

Laughing That's like an eight-year-old reference.

PostPosted: 09/25/19 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Carol Anne wrote:

Laughing That's like an eight-year-old reference.

Fitting, since at times I am like an eight year old

PostPosted: 09/25/19 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hit the gym Liz. You fell down all by yourself but guess what you got a foul called on a Mystic player. You elbowed Kristi in the head but ahh the foul was on Kristi. You reach around Emma in game 3 and knocked her in the head and down goes Emma and you guessed it foul on Emma. Now go home and HIT THE GYM!!

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 09/25/19 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

greg5222 wrote:
Hit the gym Liz. You fell down all by yourself but guess what you got a foul called on a Mystic player. You elbowed Kristi in the head but ahh the foul was on Kristi. You reach around Emma in game 3 and knocked her in the head and down goes Emma and you guessed it foul on Emma. Now go home and HIT THE GYM!!

You know she is going hit someone, whenever she plays. She did it in China. The only word I recognize in this is cabbage. BTW - on Mo Currie's channel.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Lq9KqG5WK3U" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

greg5222

PostPosted: 09/25/19 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
greg5222 wrote:

You know she is going hit someone, whenever she plays. She did it in China. The only word I recognize in this is cabbage. BTW - on Mo Currie's channel.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Lq9KqG5WK3U" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh, I forgot she shoved Emma to the floor. Lo and behold Shocked a foul was called. Try MMA Liz. That stuff is legal there.

PostPosted: 09/26/19 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Aces got 8 points each from McBride and Plum. Not enough to win a game like this. Big scoring from just the front court for any team is not going to win a lot of games.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/26/19 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
The Aces got 8 points each from McBride and Plum. Not enough to win a game like this. Big scoring from just the front court for any team is not going to win a lot of games.

Plum had 17 pts.

A frontcourt and backcourt starter each had off games. It happens. Others usually step up when it happens. Don’t want to judge too much on one game. McBride may have come across a high energy defender. With Wilson, maybe she had a poorly timed bout of vertigo that she’s had from time to time. Laimbeer thinks she hit a wall. I don’t doubt the commitment to either of them to this team.

Angus24

PostPosted: 09/26/19 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the correction on Plum Randy. I must need new glasses. Feel much better about Plum. I think she has done an excellent job running the offense and am glad Bill has finally decided to use her as the starting pg.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/26/19 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What if Laimbeer screwing around with Plum's minutes and role at the end of the season wasn't a loss of confidence in her or an attempt to keep the team from being complacent? Maybe he was deliberately trying to screw up the scouting reports of whoever they were going to face.

Put another way, that few people reading this will understand without googling, what if Kelsey Plum was Howard Ehmke?

PostPosted: 09/27/19 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So sad to see Liz crying after the game. That's never happened before has it? Wonder who she will demand to be traded to next year. (Hint: LA) Or if she will even show up? Razz Or whether she will write another tell all about herself in the Whiner's Tribune. Razz Razz

any bets on whether she trashes Las Vegas, like the poor saps in Dallas?
LV is a smaller version of the "hollywood- lifestyle", perhaps she'll want to stay there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: