Las Vegas Aces 2020
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 09/24/19 9:56 pm    ::: Las Vegas Aces 2020 Reply Reply with quote

What is there to say? Run it back Aces! Mr. Green Exclamation

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/24/19 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hamby needs to start so does plum no question after these playoffs. Aja with a less than stellar performance the entire playoffs. Looked very sad .

PostPosted: 09/24/19 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just don't think Cambage and A'ja can work together. It's almost always one at the expense of the other, they both want to be fed the ball in the post but Cambage at this point is just better at putting the ball in the hoop from there. Hamby should be starting but can she shoot the 3 well enough to compensate for the Cambage/Wilson frontcourt?

From strictly on-court perspective a Wilson trade makes sense but imo that would prove to be a massive mistake down the road...

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/24/19 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plum
McBride
Hamby
A'ja
Liz

nothing wrong with that lineup. They just need some kind of help off the bench. T. Young was great today, but isn't always. JiSu and Swords as backup posts just don't cut it. And you have to wonder if Liz will or won't come back. I'm not sure what J.Young can do but she did ok in the last game when she was off the ball. Sugar hasn't been worth her money this year so look for another off-the-bench shooter. Colson is ok for a backup backup. Prince is gone.

- Amanda Gorman
zune69

PostPosted: 09/24/19 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why are people trying to force Hamby into the starting lineup?.... The Aces need shooters, not another big in the starting lineup...Jackie Young needs to work on her offensive game this offseason. And if the Aces are stupid enough to trade Wilson I'm sure 8 or 9 teams would be willing to make a trade.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/24/19 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
I just don't think Cambage and A'ja can work together.

People said the same about EDD & Meesseman a few years ago.
In theory I don't see why A'ja & Liz shouldn't be able to not only coexist but be a force in the paint. It doesn't surprise me that it hasn't happened in a single season which was interrupted for both players.

PostPosted: 09/24/19 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

In theory I don't see why A'ja & Liz shouldn't be able to not only coexist but be a force in the paint. It doesn't surprise me that it hasn't happened in a single season which was interrupted for both players.

Difference being that EDD and Emma are probably the 2 most versatile offensive players in the league.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/24/19 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The usual overreaction that occurs after every team doesn’t win the championship. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/24/19 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

And one now comes off the bench... so are we benching Wilson or Cambage? Razz

Cooper2009

PostPosted: 09/24/19 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just come back healthy and a year wiser. They’re close to being what they will be.

PostPosted: 09/24/19 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aja was sooo good so soon we forget this was only her 2nd year having higher expectations and a smaller room for error. She will figure it out in year 3 like most players in this league. Watch out for Vegas next season if the vegetable shows up of course.

PostPosted: 09/24/19 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
I just don't think Cambage and A'ja can work together. It's almost always one at the expense of the other, they both want to be fed the ball in the post but Cambage at this point is just better at putting the ball in the hoop from there. Hamby should be starting but can she shoot the 3 well enough to compensate for the Cambage/Wilson frontcourt?

From strictly on-court perspective a Wilson trade makes sense but imo that would prove to be a massive mistake down the road...

they are perfect for each other. they just need to be coached and structured of them playing together. there's a lot growing pain mistakes made by the aces.

i will pick them over sparks anytime next year.

PostPosted: 09/24/19 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Aja was sooo good so soon we forget this was only her 2nd year having higher expectations and a smaller room for error. She will figure it out in year 3 like most players in this league. Watch out for Vegas next season if the vegetable shows up of course.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/24/19 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

#HateHard Approved!

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
zune69

PostPosted: 09/24/19 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder how much interest around the league there is for J.Young. I'm sure Bill would listen to all offers.

Young for Vivians?
......Young played at ND. Indy is loaded with SF's and K.Mitchell would be better suited coming off the bench.

Young for Hayes?....ATL gets to start over with a Young SG.

Young for Minnesota's #6 pk?.....Minny could use a young sg with some size. Augustus is getting up there in age.

3-way trade: Young to LA, Brown to NY, Durr to LV?...Ny needs a good young center.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/24/19 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I wonder how much interest around the league there is for J.Young. I'm sure Bill would listen to all offers.

Young for Vivians?
......Young played at ND. Indy is loaded with SF's and K.Mitchell would be better suited coming off the bench.

Young for Minnesota's #6 pk?.....Minny could use a young sg with some size. Augustus is getting up there in age.

3-way trade: Young to LA, Brown to NY, Durr to LV?...Ny needs a good young center.

My question is, what would interested teams consider to be Jackie Young's best position? PG? SG? SF? To me, she's sort of a position-less (but not necessarily in a good way) perimeter player whose worst position out of the three would be SG. She did make 4 threes out of 5 attempts in these playoffs, so maybe teams will look at that and think otherwise.

I'd get Chicago on the phone, myself. If Laimbeer likes Hamby starting at the 3, maybe Jackie Young for Cheyenne Parker, though that would leave Chicago a bit unbalanced. More likely, if Laimbeer still likes Hamby off the bench and realizes Plum's better at PG than J. Young (at least when it counts, it seems), then trade J. Young for one of Chicago's many SF-types. Katie Lou Samuelson if he wants more shooting (which may be a weird trade straight-up seeing as they were part of the same draft class, but Laimbeer of all people wouldn't care about those optics). Nevada's own Gabby Williams if he wants more defense. Kahleah Copper if he just wants an "energy" player there. Jackie Young meanwhile could learn from Sloot how to really be a PG, backing her up until Sloot retires.

Last edited by Stormeo on 09/24/19 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/24/19 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hayes and Liz on the same team would ruin my secret fandom for the aces. Enough whining for the entire league right there. No mam!

PostPosted: 09/24/19 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ironically, I think Young could be an excellent 2 in the league and Plum should take the reigns at point. Kelsey is a more effective playmaker and does better as a ball dominant guard than Young. Young is a great utility player and can be a strong backup for McBride and Plum. Active player who makes plays off the ball and probably shoots better without having to handle PG duties.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/24/19 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

My question is, what would interested teams consider to be Jackie Young's best position? PG? SG? SF? To me, she's sort of a position-less (but not necessarily in a good way) perimeter player whose worst position out of the three would be SG. Though she did make 4 of her 5 threes in these playoffs, so maybe teams will look at that and think otherwise.

Young is a versatile SG IMO (Score, pass,rebound,defend). I think Bill screwed up by trying to turn her into a pure pg. Plum was also negatively impacted by the move. If Young can regain her confidence on offense and Bill is smart enough to move her back to a mostly sg role, JY will have a good productive career with the Aces.

bballnut901 wrote:
Ironically, I think Young could be an excellent 2 in the league and Plum should take the reigns at the point. Kelsey is a more effective playmaker and does better as a ball dominant guard than Young. Young is a great utility player and can be a strong backup for McBride and Plum..

Young off the bench could also work. But Bill needs to abandon the big pg nonsense.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/25/19 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

My question is, what would interested teams consider to be Jackie Young's best position? PG? SG? SF? To me, she's sort of a position-less (but not necessarily in a good way) perimeter player whose worst position out of the three would be SG. Though she did make 4 of her 5 threes in these playoffs, so maybe teams will look at that and think otherwise.

Young is a versatile SG IMO (Score, pass,rebound,defend). I think Bill screwed up by trying to turn her into a pure pg. Plum was also negatively impacted by the move. If Young can regain her confidence on offense and Bill is smart enough to move her back to a mostly sg role, JY will have a good productive career with the Aces.

I guess I just assumed she ran point at Notre Dame since she had the most assists at least the past college season, but admittedly I didn't notice that it was really Mabrey who had the main PG duties (I found video of their past two championship games). Out of her, Ogunbowale, and Young, Young probably ran point the least Embarassed

Maybe this Vegas team is more or less fine as-is and really just needs more time together as a unit. They would do well for themselves signing a free agent post with a face-up game and choosing between Rodgers or Prince (or choose neither and find some other free agent guard with more to offer than just shooting).

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/25/19 12:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LV is close

JY is a rookie and works fine at SF with light PG duties with Plum running the offense and McBride at the 2, it is probably a good thing to have a JY type on the court with the other 4 starters all taking a lot of shots.

Priority one in LV get Cambage to return!

Priority two add a shooter in free agency.

Priority 3 stay the course, last year lottery, this year putting up a good fight in the semis, plenty of room for internal growth from the 3 consecutive #1 picks, continuation of the emergence of Hamby, LV is in good shape

Plum/Colson or L. Allen (maybe even both)
McBride/Rodgers or Prince (maybe neither)
J. Young/T. Young/FA shooter
Wilson/Hamby
Cambage/Swords/Park

not sure if Park shows before the Olympics, this seems like a good team to try and poach Copper with a max contract, if that works you probably don't need either Prince or Rodgers, also seem like a place where IMS could play ten minutes a night and have an impact especially if Park isn't available. I don't know if she is a free agent but Talbot seems like she could add something to this mix, also don't know if she is a free agent but Shekinna Stricklen feels like someone who could come off the bench for this team and help them out.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/25/19 5:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Again, similar to last season, I'll believe Cambage is returning when she's dressed for the first game of the season.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/25/19 5:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ditto, but I like her chances a little more today than I did at the start of this season.
Tokyo was always going to be a major hurdle for 2020 though. How major remains to be seen (and probably partly depends on how the tournament goes for her)

PostPosted: 09/25/19 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Young for Vivians?

I don't see Indy giving up Vivians for Young, and probably LV wouldn't want to take a chance on Vivians after her injury.

Young for Hayes - IDK. I think ATL should get more and I'm not sure it works for LV.

Young for #6 - Seems like a weak draft so no. Young for #4 maybe.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/25/19 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plum/LAllen (Laimbeer is already talking about her coming back)
McBride/JYoung/Rodgers
Hamby/TYoung
Wilson/(Langhorne or similar UFA)
Cambage/Park

Cambage is eager to come back.

Swords heads to a staff job.

Look to upgrade Park (should have drafted McCowan. Would have been sitting pretty)

Prince gone. Look to upgrade Sugar.

Laimbeer probably likes Hamby coming off the bench, so maybe look to add another SF. How about Laney?

I’m not really in the trade JYoung camp, but a JYoung for KBrown trade might give a little more balance to both teams.

The Aces are almost there. Nothing drastic needs to happen.

How about instead of a fast-paced gameplan, they slow it down so as to not wear Cambage down. Give her high percentage looks. Less likely to turn the ball over. Giving teams less looks at the three.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: