52%  [ 13 ]
Sparks
48%
 48%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 25

Randy

PostPosted: 09/22/19 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Parker wasn't at the post-game press conference. Twitter is swirling with various reasons why, so search away.

Watching the Emmy's. Razz

flojojr2007

PostPosted: 09/22/19 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was so disrespectful by Fisher and his postgame presser made it even worse. He should've never been hired.

I feel for Candace.
toad455

PostPosted: 09/22/19 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Fischer returns, I wonder if Parker sits out or demands a trade somewhere?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
flojojr2007

PostPosted: 09/22/19 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If it comes down to Candace or Fisher, I doubt Derek wins.

I'm not saying their relationship is toast, but reporters are using in the retirement word in large part due to the past two games.

Plus, it's hard for me to imagine the defense and offense are going to miraculously improve with Fisher as the coach next year.
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 09/22/19 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
If Fischer returns, I wonder if Parker sits out or demands a trade somewhere?

Hey, why not? Everyone else seems to be demanding trades... Confused

vossy

PostPosted: 09/22/19 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
Sad crowd, might as well be empty. Compared to the Aces crowd they sound pathetic.

On TV you mean? In person crowd very engaged.

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 09/22/19 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Parker wasn't happy about being benched.

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1175937081673166850

"Why do this? Why do this now?"

PostPosted: 09/22/19 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some of you are using Fisher as a scapegoat....It was Toler who whiffed on the Cambage trade...Toler who made the trade for Chiney...Toler who let Sims walk...and Toler who sign Williams out of desperation because she didn't have any depth at sg/sf.

What did LA do last season without fisher?.... I was against the Fisher signing when it happened but he won me over. Fisher showed more fire during the playoffs than the Sparks players. He verbally went at A.Thomas while his players were too scared to get physical with her....Parker wasn't getting the job done. Candace did not rebound or defend in games 2 and 3, so fisher benched her. I have no problem with that.

I'd seriously consider trading Chiney and Candace....Firing Toler would also be an option.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 09/22/19 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Some of you are using Fisher as a scapegoat....It was Toler who whiffed on the Cambage trade...Toler who made the trade for Chiney...Toler who let Sims walk...and Toler who sign Williams out of desperation because she didn't have any depth at sg/sf.

What did LA do last season without fisher?.... I was against the Fisher signing when it happened but he won me over. Fisher showed more fire during the playoffs than the Sparks players. He verbally went at A.Thomas while his players were too scared to get physical with her....Parker wasn't getting the job done. Candace did not rebound or defend in games 2 and 3, so fisher benched her. I have no problem with that.

I'd seriously consider trading Chiney and Candace....Firing Toler would also be an option.

She literally has no value. No team is trading anything for her since she demanded to go to LA.

flojojr2007

PostPosted: 09/22/19 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whew... Candace postgame interview in the locker room

https://twitter.com/johnwdavis/status/1175968593906765824?s=20
LynxFan32

PostPosted: 09/22/19 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I'd love it if the Liberty grabbed Hiedeman in the offseason.

I am outraged knowing that the Sun may make the WNBA Finals due to Reeve gifting them Natisha Hiedeman!

Just stop for everyone's sake

PostPosted: 09/23/19 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

did parker sucked? i only watched the beginning a little bit. i saw her dribbled the ball coast to coast and then threw up a wild hook shot/pass that hit the glass. i went oh no, there she goes again.

PostPosted: 09/23/19 1:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I'm expecting a great game from Candace.

mavcarter wrote:

She’s off to a great start.

Yeah, Candace had 7 good minutes in the first quarter and just disappeared for the rest of the game Crying or Very sad

Or you could say she was almost entirely on the bench the rest of the game. Play-by-play shows 7:18 playing time in the first quarter. 4:06 for the 3rd quarter, and 0 minutes for the 2nd and 4th quarters. Assuming she wasn’t hurt, I think Magic Johnson is gonna be asking Fisher why she only played 11:24 for the whole game.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/23/19 1:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

Or you could say she was almost entirely on the bench the rest of the game. Play-by-play shows 7:18 playing time in the first quarter. 4:06 for the 3rd quarter, and 0 minutes for the 2nd and 4th quarters. Assuming she wasn’t hurt, I think Magic Johnson is gonna be asking Fisher why she only played 11:24 for the whole game.

Other than the first couple of minutes, she looked pretty awful. I wouldn't have played her much more either.

- Amanda Gorman
zune69

PostPosted: 09/23/19 4:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

After Parker's game 2 performance It's hard to blame Fisher for giving CP the quick hook. Parker played 26 minutes in gm 2, was 1 for 3 from the field, had 1 rebound, and played no defense..... After playing only 7 minutes in the first half of game 3. Candace showed no urgency in the 3rd quarter. Her defense was bad and she played with no forcefulness on offense. Some people thought Candace might be injured but after the game CP said she was physically and mentally fine. So there's no excuse for the lack of effort.

I give Fisher credit for holding his players accountable. People always talk about Coaches not caring and letting their star players walk all over them. Fisher held his star player accountable for not giving full effort in a elimination game now people want to complain about it. And don't get me wrong. I'm not pinning this loss all on Candace. This is a poorly constructed roster. P.Toler has a history of building unbalanced rosters. Toler's acquired a lot of talent during Parker's career, but most of the time the talent is a poor fit.

My two biggest problems with Fisher in this series is ....1. He abandoned Vadeeva before the series even started......and 2. He did not exhaust all of his options....I'm not a fan of the big lineup, but this would've been the perfect opportunity to use it. Go big and force Stricklen/Holmes to guard one of the bigs. I'm not saying this would've turned the series around, but at least give it a try.

dreamfan11

PostPosted: 09/23/19 6:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/25479007/why-la-sparks-put-derek-fisher-coaching-list-one

The coaching list of one.

willtalk

PostPosted: 09/23/19 6:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

flojojr2007 wrote:
That was so disrespectful by Fisher and his postgame presser made it even worse. He should've never been hired.

I feel for Candace.

The real problem has been Parker. I suspect she was the reason that Agler quit. Parker is a self entirled Prima Donna who because of her rep thinks she owns the team. I was not a fan of Fisher this season, but I suspect much of his rotation errors were because he was catering to Parker and the other vets. Parker was instrumental in Fishers hiring. If the team is ever to win again Parker has to go.

If anyone is disrespectful it is Parker. She disrespects the game. She is a very talented player who only gives sporadically effort. Most of the time she just coast up and down the court with that stupid grin on her face. They should trade her for what they can get. This talk of retirement is a joke. She has retired many times this and last season during individual games. Except for her fans who only see her potential, she has just too many critics for their reasons to be unfounded.

I do agree that Fisher should never have been hired, but he was more than likely Parkeers chocice. She has to much power and influence on the Sparks. And her lack of effort and attitude bleeds down to the rest of the team. I also agree about Tolar and her decisions this season. Bringing Cheney in was really stupid. It was another example of the team catering to a vet. They should have used the resource to bring a backup for Gray. She played entirely too many minutes this season. And when she had an off game ( which happens to everyone ) they had no one to replace her with.

PostPosted: 09/23/19 6:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

flojojr2007 wrote:
If it comes down to Candace or Fisher, I doubt Derek wins.

I'm not saying their relationship is toast, but reporters are using in the retirement word in large part due to the past two games.

Plus, it's hard for me to imagine the defense and offense are going to miraculously improve with Fisher as the coach next year.

It certainly didn't improve between last season and this season either did it. And Fisher was not here last year, but Parker was. I was a vocal critic of Fisher all season, but no coach would be able to coach with Parker on the team. She thinks she is Lebron James. She acts like him in respect to throwing around her influence, but does not have the talent to match. At least Lebron usually gives his all on the court.

As I stated before, I believe she was at least one of the reasons Agner quit. I don't say she is a bad person, but in respect to her attitude on the court she is poison.

It's all about tradeoffs. If a player is really productive then allowances can be made for their other shortcomings. With Parker it was always sporatic play. The lack of effort in respect to consistant defense, blocking out and hustile. A player's shots do not drop every game. That is the nature of the basketball. But you can alwas give effort and contribute in other aspect of the game. Aspects that Parkee seems to have forgotten about long ago.

PostPosted: 09/23/19 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watching yesterday's pair of game threes leaves you with the impression that we would watch Sun will defeat the Aces in the finals in five games. Never understood why people thought that lack of experience will be the end of Connecticut in the play-offs when they have been balling since the pre-season. Announcers kept saying that the top-2 standing was a must because they couldn't win a single elimination game, yet they swept the Sparks in three, and are a very serious contender for the title.

And in the other match-up, Aces have been playing more consistently good than Washington, if they keep this up they can win, even when they're playing against mathematical odds of winning three in a row (well, two, since they've got the first one). Still, outside of the tiny sample of two games, I suppose Washington will go to the finals and beat the Sun, but the Sun can make that a five-game series.

Also, Lobo and Ruocco still stuck on pronouncing Plasaince's name from the last year? Might be time to start with Vadeeva.

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/23/19 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For me, job one of any coach is to get your players to play hard. The Xs and Os, substitution patterns, etc., all are pretty meaningless if the players don't play hard.

On that score, Derek Fisher failed miserably in this series.

It could be, of course, that no one can get this group to play hard, but that seems unlikely -- and if that's the case, the problem shifts one level up to Penny Toler. And Toler hired Fisher, so in some ways it comes back to her either way.

One other comment: This is professional basketball, and players can score. A 20-point deficit with 10 minutes left is pretty much insurmountable in high school and fairly safe in college, but a couple threes, a few stops and things can change very quickly in the WNBA.

Fisher knows this, clearly, as NBA players can turn things around even more quickly, but he still threw in the towel awfully early. Sure, CP was playing terrible, but it's not like the subs were dominating. Roll her back out there and see if she's got anything left, because really, the only chance to win was to have her go off.

So color me confused. Either Fisher gave up, or something else is going on ...

PostPosted: 09/23/19 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sparks are like the Lakers (well the NBA is like that to a certain extent) in the sense that the team's best players is influencing in the personnel decisions. Candace will be get the blame for it but trading for Chiney was catering to Nneka. Toler has had an history of unbalanced rosters and this team should've had a true SF Fisher's rotations didn't make any sense (having Beard and TRP on the court at the same time, giving the vets full minutes and not easing their way back into the rotation after coming back from injuries). He started Williams but he didn't realize that there's a reason why she's a 6th man type of the player.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/23/19 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sparks are overstocked on quality posts. They were fortunate to trade Lavender. Vadeeva should ask to go to Dallas to play with the coach that drafted her. Fisher clearly doesn't know how to use her.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 09/23/19 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
It could be, of course, that no one can get this group to play hard, but that seems unlikely -- and if that's the case, the problem shifts one level up to Penny Toler. And Toler hired Fisher, so in some ways it comes back to her either way.

Four of the five starters played hard in the finals two years ago.

Toler may have technically done the hiring, but it was most likely Magic Johnson's decision. Remember...

https://twitter.com/magicjohnson/status/476415097049714691

Quote:
Derek Fisher is one of the greatest leaders, competitors & winners I have ever met and I am sure he will do well as the Knicks coach.

PostPosted: 09/23/19 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gr0eKHTtSmo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iE_KBY1JNMY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/19sjCyTHchQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I liked all of TRP’s answers. She seems pretty level-headed. The Sparks had a new system, bunch of new players. They just need another year of melding. I doubt drastic moves are on the horizon.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AYflqZihoso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/85ourLdLoMA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I’ve found at least one player that isn’t offended by being called by her number. Shout out to 5, baby!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
flojojr2007

PostPosted: 09/23/19 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
flojojr2007 wrote:

I feel for Candace.

The real problem has been Parker. I suspect she was the reason that Agler quit. Parker is a self entirled Prima Donna who because of her rep thinks she owns the team. I was not a fan of Fisher this season, but I suspect much of his rotation errors were because he was catering to Parker and the other vets. Parker was instrumental in Fishers hiring. If the team is ever to win again Parker has to go.

If anyone is disrespectful it is Parker. She disrespects the game. She is a very talented player who only gives sporadically effort. Most of the time she just coast up and down the court with that stupid grin on her face. They should trade her for what they can get. This talk of retirement is a joke. She has retired many times this and last season during individual games. Except for her fans who only see her potential, she has just too many critics for their reasons to be unfounded.

I do agree that Fisher should never have been hired, but he was more than likely Parkeers chocice. She has to much power and influence on the Sparks. And her lack of effort and attitude bleeds down to the rest of the team. I also agree about Tolar and her decisions this season. Bringing Cheney in was really stupid. It was another example of the team catering to a vet. They should have used the resource to bring a backup for Gray. She played entirely too many minutes this season. And when she had an off game ( which happens to everyone ) they had no one to replace her with.

LOLOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: