52%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 25

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/20/19 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
ucbart wrote:
pilight wrote:
Plum is still better than Jefferson, even assuming Jefferson ever gets healthy

But Plum isn't a PG, she's a scorer. She's not a floor general, which is what they need. If she was, Jackie Young wouldn't have started at PG all season. And I know I'm a UCONN homer, but a healthy Moriah Jefferson is better than a healthy Plum....at the position that is a glaring problem for LV.

Plum is absolutely a proper PG

Pam said that when they asked Plum why she was doing so well, Plum said it was because she was back at the point with the ball in her hands. And if you watched the flow of the game, she was pushing the tempo much more (which is what Bill said he wanted) than you saw all year with Young. Young was very careful so good turnovers, but the offense didn't move and flow.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 09/20/19 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:

I don't hate this. LV has two elite centers and no PG.

Wilson has been playing at PF ever since she joined the league. As far as PG, they currently have 4 players who can play the position, plus they have the rights Lindsay Allen. I’m not seeing Laimbeer pursuing any PG this offseason, unless there’s someone really good available.

It’s not often a rookie PG tears up the league. I think Laimbeer might be on the right track with JYoung as PG. Just need a little patience. That’s a load of pressure on a rookie PG for team with championship expectations.

ucbart wrote:
Wilson, for all of her greatness, needs the lane open to operate.

You’re saying Wilson has never had a good game playing with Cambage? Pretty sure she has. Wilson doesn’t have to do as much as she did last year, but isn’t that a good thing? I’m sure Wilson prefers being in the semifinals with less of a spotlight than having a full spotlight on a lottery team.

ucbart wrote:
She can't play outside of 15 feet, on offense or defense.

Cambage can hit threes and draw a big defender away from the basket, but Laimbeer doesn’t seem to utilize that aspect of her game. He likes his horses in the trench, grabbing rebounds and drawing fouls and getting to the line.

ucbart wrote:
IMO, no Cambage, Collier as the #1 pick playing the 3, Hamby starting at the 4, and Wilson at the 5....with a healthy Moriah Jefferson, is probably a better team.

Jefferson didn’t play this year. Dallas kinda got screwed over in that respect.

I don’t think Collier was ever seriously on his radar for #1. He had her rated right about where she went in the draft (middle of the pack). She’s a short skinny player without a strong outside shot. Turns out she’s this durable player who never gets tired and is better than expected on defense.

ucbart wrote:
Can you imagine what a healthy Seattle front court of Stewie/Howard would do Cambage/Wilson?

Hopefully we’ll see what happens.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: