RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Standings Predictions (Rebkell Survey)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randy

PostPosted: 09/13/19 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's a shame I didn't post anything in this thread. Then I could go back and edit it.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/13/19 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
It's a shame I didn't post anything in this thread. Then I could go back and edit it.

But posts show they were edited. Smile I am outraged I didn't make any predictions either, but besides the Storm likely making the Finals and the Lynx should be able to go 20-14, I couldn't come up with any predictions for any other teams. Embarassed

Randy

PostPosted: 09/13/19 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Like when you edited your double post which was later deleted by Luuc? I'm outraged we can't edit things w/o everybody knowing about it.

Last edited by Randy on 09/13/19 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/13/19 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oops, I saw the double post and deleted it, inadvertently ruining Randy's post in the process Sad

PostPosted: 09/13/19 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Like when you edited your double post? I'm outraged we can't edit things w/o everybody knowing about it.

Full disclosure: I edit my posts A LOT, like, right after I post them (usually just to clean up phrasing and/or any typos Wink ); and if I do it soon enough, I don't think they show up as having been edited? At least not on my end. I even edited my earlier post on this thread (and I literally just edited this one too lmao) to add more oops faces but I don't think it says it's been edited Question

Last edited by Stormeo on 09/13/19 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 09/13/19 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I do the same thing a lot. It only shows up if someone posted after you posted but before you edited.

Don't worry Luuc - I fixed mine.... Razz

Last edited by Randy on 09/13/19 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/13/19 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I do the same thing a lot. It only shows up if someone posted after you posted but before you edited.

Got it, thanks for the info Cool

Randy

PostPosted: 09/13/19 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Randy wrote:

For some reason I don't understand, errors are only apparent after I post something. No matter how many times I proof read it.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/13/19 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Randy wrote:

For some reason I don't understand, errors are only apparent after I post something. No matter how many times I proof read it.

Same here. I'm usually overcautious when it comes to sentence structure and the organizing of my ideas (since I tend to ramble and make unnecessarily long posts - trying to work on that Embarassed ) but as soooooon as I re-read my post, at least 50% of the time I feel the need to edit it. I gotta utilize that Preview function more Razz

EDIT (cuz I'm dumb) : I think I know what you're saying. Sometimes if I use the buttons to bolden/italicize/etc. something, even if done correctly, a [/x] thing appears at the end of the post anyways.

Last edited by Stormeo on 09/13/19 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/13/19 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ditto. I'm a serial editor. Somehow my proof-reading ability triples during the 3 seconds after clicking submit.
Note that a post only gets the "Last edited by..." note if it the edit occurs after the post has a reply. As long as it is the most recent post in a thread it can be freely edited without getting that note.

So, tip for next year's predictions thread: try to be the last person in the thread who posts predictions, then hope the thread becomes inactive for a few months, keep tweaking your post each week so you look like a Nostradamus, and only stop once someone else bumps it Razz

PostPosted: 09/13/19 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Ditto. I'm a serial editor. Somehow my proof-reading ability triples during the 3 seconds after clicking submit.
Note that a post only gets the "Last edited by..." note if it the edit occurs after the post has a reply. As long as it is the most recent post in a thread it can be freely edited without getting that note.

So, tip for next year's predictions thread: try to be the last person in the thread who posts predictions, then hope the thread becomes inactive for a few months, keep tweaking your post each week so you look like a Nostradamus, and only stop once someone else bumps it Razz

We will be on the outlook for you next year. Razz

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/13/19 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

Luuuc that's too brilliant of an idea for me - it's all yours! I feel like I've had enough moments of clownery in my short time posting here anyway thus far that I've just embraced how I operate here at this point Mr. Green

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/13/19 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

We will be on the outlook for you next year. Razz

When season tip-off morning suddenly sees 2 or 3 people all trying to get the last word in on the predictions thread you will know exactly what's going on

PostPosted: 10/11/19 12:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"1. WAS: Big gap after Mystics already." Very Happy Congrats Mystics.

uconNection wrote:

1. WAS: Big gap after Mystics already.
2. CON: Jonquel gets to play, maybe they can avoid Mercury in playoffs.
3. LAS: No bench, but still lot of high-end talent.
4. ATL: Need to find more scoring but like Collen in Yr 2.
5. PHO: Griner is very good, rest of Mercury is not (w/DT starting out).
6. LVA: Not my Title Favorites. Aja/Liz will try not to step on each other.
7. SEA: Still a lot good young pieces, but Stewart/Hughes are irreplaceable.
8. MIN: Sims should work out well. After Fowles, no clue here.
9. CHI: They should score, and benefit from improved coaching? Big upside?
10. DAL: They could be ok by year's end? Big struggle to start. Who is scoring?
11. IND: Shenise nice return. Got to play less Dupree/Kelsey. Laney nice grab.
12. NYL: Ugly after Tina. Need a jump from Nurse, for Durr to be good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: