RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Phoenix Mercury 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/13/19 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oof, Idk if the idea of Plum to Chicago came as a misunderstanding of my post, as I suggested Plum to Phoenix, #5 to Chicago, & KLS to Vegas. If it did, that's what I was really suggesting. Phoenix was the only other west coast team (Plum's a SoCal gal) that I thought realistically could use her; she wouldn't be needed in LA or Seattle as they stand now. Although, Plum to Chicago would be sort of interesting if Vandersloot retires sooner rather than later, but I doubt she'd willingly go there or any non-west coast team anyway unless she needed to really resurrect her career (that point hasn't come... yet). And Plum would be a RFA not a UFA after 2020 if she doesn't sign any extension, so Vegas would likely just match whatever contract she'd sign, especially if Cambage comes off the payroll after 2020.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/13/19 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Oof, Idk if the idea of Plum to Chicago came as a misunderstanding of my post, as I suggested Plum to Phoenix, #5 to Chicago, & KLS to Vegas. If it did, that's what I was really suggesting. Phoenix was the only other west coast team (Plum's a SoCal gal) that I thought realistically could use her; she wouldn't be needed in LA or Seattle as they stand now. Although, Plum to Chicago would be sort of interesting if Vandersloot retires sooner rather than later, but I doubt she'd willingly go there or any non-west coast team anyway unless she needed to really resurrect her career (that point hasn't come... yet). And Plum would be a RFA not a UFA after 2020 if she doesn't sign any extension, so Vegas would likely just match whatever contract she'd sign, especially if Cambage comes off the payroll after 2020.

There goes my Plum to Atlanta for No. 4 idea.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/13/19 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

There goes my Plum to Atlanta for No. 4 idea.

Hey, it doesn't mean Laimbeer can't say tough sh!t & trade her while he still has her Exclamation Razz

Randy

PostPosted: 09/13/19 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But then we'd have just a player that doesn't want to be where she is. We all know how that ends up.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/13/19 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
But then we'd have just a player that doesn't want to be where she is. We all know how that ends up.

Speculation. She went to school more than 1200 miles from home.

PostPosted: 09/13/19 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:

Speculation. She went to school more than 1200 miles from home.

Very true. And really, she could end up enjoying any team she gets traded to (if she does of course). Looking at Atlanta's roster as-is, they could be a good fit for her - so long as she can actually bring the shooting they need Confused God forbid she turns into Bentley 2.0 no matter what team she's on

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/13/19 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GRINER PLANS '20 RETURN (from ESPN)

Merc Coring Bonner confirmed Arrow

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/13/19 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercury forward Sancho Lyttle retiring after 15 WNBA seasons

Adios to the last playing connection to the Houston Comets

PostPosted: 09/14/19 1:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wouldn't be a bad idea to sign Raisa Musina and develop her as the future backup PF. Musina would more than likely sit out the first half of the 2020 season.

Signing a young backup pg like Colson or L.Allen to takeover for January after she retires would also be a good move.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/14/19 6:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Wouldn't be a bad idea to sign Raisa Musina and develop her as the future backup PF. Musina would more than likely sit out the first half of the 2020 season.

Russia has been eliminated from Olympic contention.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69

PostPosted: 09/14/19 7:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Russia has been eliminated from Olympic contention.

Thanks...

Phoenix should make Musina an offer before another team beats them to the punch. I don't know her overseas contract situation. But if she's open to playing in the WNBA, I think Musina is worth the risk.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/14/19 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix could also use a playmaking SG and PF....Atlanta need to rebuild.

Y. Turner & the 5# pk and for Hayes

G- Mitchell
G- Hayes
F- Taurasi
F- Bonner
C- Griner

Maybe Phoenix sweetens the deal

Y. Turner, B.Turner the 5# pk and 2020 2nd rd pk for Hayes & Breland

G- Mitchell
G- Taurasi
F- Bonner
F- Breland
C- Griner
6- Hayes

OR

G- Mitchell
G- Hayes
F- Taurasi
F- Bonner
C- Griner
6- Breland

After Taurasi retires:

G- Mitchell
G- Hayes
F- Bonner
F- Breland
C- Griner

Randy

PostPosted: 09/14/19 8:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Mercury forward Sancho Lyttle retiring after 15 WNBA seasons

Adios to the last playing connection to the Houston Comets

First player in WNBA history to retire without ever having committed a foul.

BTW - Little known fact. Her family name is actually Little. Mistake on her birth certificate changed it to Lyttle.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/14/19 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Zune - Breland for Cunningham and No. 5 seems more fair to me. Dream would be overpaying to give up Hayes for 5. This is a lousy draft. I could see some deal involving Williams or Montgomery though, but Merc. don't have many assets. to trade. Also - Don't want Y. Turner.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/14/19 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Zune - Breland for Cunningham and No. 5 seems more fair to me. Dream would be overpaying to give up Hayes for 5. This is a lousy draft. I could see some deal involving Williams or Montgomery though, but Merc. don't have many assets. to trade. Also - Don't want Y. Turner.

Hmm....That's depends...If Carter and Sabally declares, that would deepen the draft. I'm also not sure if Phoenix would give up the #5 pk for a PF who only shot 38% from the field.

Last edited by zune69 on 09/14/19 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 09/14/19 8:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Hmm....That's depends...If Carter and Sabally declared, that would deepen the draft. I'm also not sure if Phoenix would give up the #5 pk for a PF who only shot 38% from the field.

I agree - depends on who comes out for the draft. Breland would probably do better on a team that has shooters and good passers. Phoenix does like experienced players, so it might take some adjustments to make a deal work.

BTW - B. Turner actually seems to fit pretty well on Phoenix next to Griner so they may just want a backup for her. Maybe just Cunningham for Breland if some good players come out for the draft.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/15/19 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has anything come out about Griner's injury?

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 09/15/19 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Hmm....That's depends...If Carter and Sabally declared, that would deepen the draft. I'm also not sure if Phoenix would give up the #5 pk for a PF who only shot 38% from the field.

I agree - depends on who comes out for the draft. Breland would probably do better on a team that has shooters and good passers. Phoenix does like experienced players, so it might take some adjustments to make a deal work.

BTW - B. Turner actually seems to fit pretty well on Phoenix next to Griner so they may just want a backup for her. Maybe just Cunningham for Breland if some good players come out for the draft.

With the injuries to Lyttle & Smith, Brondello was forced to use B. Turner and play her at 4 instead of the 5 like she originally was planning. Mercury need a legit back-up center for Griner next season. Don't think Hebert is worth the #5 and they should go with a guard there(Charles? Copper? Pivec?)

PG: Mitchell/January
SG: YTurner/#5 pick/Cunningham
SF: Taurasi/Carson
PF: Bonner/BTurner/Smith
C: Griner/???

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/17/19 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At some point, Phoenix will have to replace January (33 in January) and Mitchell (35 next June).

Maybe this is the time to explore a trade for Moriah Jefferson.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/17/19 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Maybe this is the time to explore a trade for Moriah Jefferson.

#5 pk for Jefferson & Harrison.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/17/19 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here’s your dream team.

Mitchell/January
Taurasi/YTurner/Cunningham
Bonner/Carson
Petrovic/BTurner/Elena Bella Alarie
Griner/Smith

There’s no more Littles making relatively big salaries.
They probably should pay Mitchell after cutting her salary this year.
YTurner should be due for a raise.

Can they afford this roster? Probably not.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/19/19 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about making a bid for Hawkins? It appears she's totally out of the rotation in Washington, so might be interested in playing somewhere where she would get more minutes.

- Amanda Gorman
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/19/19 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
How about making a bid for Hawkins? It appears she's totally out of the rotation in Washington, so might be interested in playing somewhere where she would get more minutes.

Signed a below-market-value extension in Washington before the end of the season. So probably not going anywhere.

PostPosted: 09/20/19 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
GRINER PLANS '20 RETURN (from ESPN)

Merc Coring Bonner confirmed Arrow

Only problem with this "confirmation" is that Bonner has been cored the max allowed under the current CBA. Unless that limit is changed. While I could see Bonner looking at offers, I don't think she would leave Phoenix without allowing the Mercury to get something in return. So, if she goes it could be in a sign and trade type deal. Phoenix has been good to her and her family and I don't see her turning her back on that.

sportsfan48

PostPosted: 09/20/19 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to an article in azcentral by Jeff Metcalfe (I would link but don't know how) the Mercury only have 5 players signed for next season, DT, January, and the 3 rookies, Cunningham, Turner, and Smith.

Griner has said she will return. The article states that she had no "structural knee damage" in Chicago.

Bonner is free to sign with anyone and Phoenix can not stop it. Same with FLB. Both seem to like Phoenix and hopefully can be re-signed. Bonner owns a home here. Vonnie and Essence are free agents as well.

Will have to wait to see what happens.

As for the trade ideas. Re-signing our free agents has to be our top priority but after than we need a big before we need a guard.

You can find the article on azcentral.com under sports and Jeff Metcalfe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: