Moore/Christmas(possibly shop her)/Talbot
Dantas/Shepard
Fowles/Fagbenle(?)

Variables
Lucky #6 pick
#14 pick
Zandalisini
Griffin

People will protest the concept of Collier as sort of a Bonner-like SG, but it would be sweet if it would work. I don’t think Maya can play at SG unless she comes back in pristine shape. Collier’s a bit more nimble with a decent enough handle.

Otherwise trade Maya for package that includes preferably the #1 pick and a very good SG? You listening, Collen?

Not sure what’s going on with Talbot. Her minutes dropped off a cliff after doing so well in the first half of the season. The Augustus Effect?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
adamj95

PostPosted: 09/11/19 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would have been nice to see what could have been with Shepard not being inured. She and Collier had a great connection.

PostPosted: 09/11/19 11:03 pm    ::: Re: Minnesota Lynx 2020 Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Otherwise trade Maya for package that includes preferably the #1 pick and a very good SG? You listening, Collen?

What if they don't get the #1 pick (which they probably won't)? What would Atlanta have to sweeten the deal with?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Shades

PostPosted: 09/11/19 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Would have been nice to see what could have been with Shepard not being inured. She and Collier had a great connection.

Shepard, Collier, and Dantas with Fowles on the bench was a very nice combination. I think they might have beat up Seattle with that combo early in the season.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/11/19 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Minnesota can get a lottery pick for Fowles. they should make the trade.

adamj95

PostPosted: 09/11/19 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

I highly doubt that would happen. Fowles likely won’t play for any other team. I believe she stated that she wants to retire in Minny after signing a contract extension.

PostPosted: 09/11/19 11:30 pm    ::: Re: Minnesota Lynx 2020 Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Shades wrote:

What if they don't get the #1 pick (which they probably won't)? What would Atlanta have to sweeten the deal with?

I’m thinking Reeve wants Ionescu because she’s got kind of a Whalen thing going on except she’s better than Whalen. So it’s #1 or no trade in my mind.

I could see Reeve liking Carter if she enters. ATL can only get #1, #2, or #4. So if ATL gets #2 and Carter enters, who knows? Maybe Carter can work her way up to #1 and Ionescu slips to #2. That would be even sweeter.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 09/11/19 11:33 pm    ::: Re: Minnesota Lynx 2020 Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Sims/Robinson(reduced salary)
Collier/Augustus(reduced salary or retire)/Brown
Moore/Christmas(possibly shop her)/Talbot
Dantas/Shepard
Fowles/Fagbenle(?)

Variables
Lucky #6 pick
#14 pick
Zandalisini
Griffin

People will protest the concept of Collier as sort of a Bonner-like SG, but it would be sweet if it would work. I don’t think Maya can play at SG unless she comes back in pristine shape. Collier’s a bit more nimble with a decent enough handle.

Not sure what’s going on with Talbot. Her minutes dropped off a cliff after doing so well in the first half of the season. The Augustus Effect?

My general attitude is that Napheesa can do anything, so I wouldn't be shocked if she worked out as a 2. But I don't think she is enough of an outside shooter yet to truly be effective there. I think that she should be used as the starting 4, and Dantas should come off the bench and be a 6th Player of the Year candidate.

Very sad that this thread has started already. Napheesa Collier's magical rookie season has come to an end. Sad

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/11/19 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

The Lynx don't have a good history with trades though, so I'm not sure. Just this year:
The Sun are the #2 team in the WNBA after the Lynx traded Natisha Hiedeman for Lexie Brown
The Sky became a top WNBA team after the Lynx traded them a 3rd round pick for Alaian Coates.
The Sparks became a Finals Contender once again after the Lynx traded them Alexis Jones for Odyessey Sims.
Basically every team that makes a trade with the Lynx becomes an instant Finals contender, except for the Mercury.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/12/19 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I highly doubt that would happen. Fowles likely won’t play for any other team. I believe she stated that she wants to retire in Minny after signing a contract extension.

She's 34 years old and not getting younger. I'm not sure why another team would want to do that anyway.

- Amanda Gorman
Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/12/19 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

She's 34 years old and not getting younger. I'm not sure why another team would want to do that anyway.

A team that does need help at C is Dallas. Maybe Dallas thinks next year's roster is a good center away from contention once the pieces all get healthy? Fowles ain't worth a lottery pick straight-up imo. Maybe Dallas tries to send over the #9 Pick + two of IMS, Gustafson, the #15 Pick, or the #21 Pick; or even just the #9 Pick + Anigwe if Agler didn't jibe with her. Minny would probably understandably demand #9, Anigwe, and another add-on. (This all assumes Reeve doesn't think Anigwe's a bonehead)
That kind of outline of a trade seems even-sided and realistic to me, especially if Reeve too thinks Fowles' time in Minny has run its course, and if Fowles can commit at least 3 years to Dallas. Dallas just has so many pieces to it that would be valuable elsewhere, and not many other teams have still-good starting centers that they'd consider trading...

And honestly, it doesn't matter if a player wants to retire on a specific team if the decision-makers of that team don't want her there anymore. Fowles will likely stay on the roster through next year, but I'm sure Reeve will be listening to offers until then.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/12/19 1:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Maya plays next season then i dont see any reason why you would trade Fowles. Maya is your 1st option, Collier your 2nd and then Sims. Fowles can focus on defending and rebounding and take a back seat with the scoring role. Fowles does better when there is less focus on her. With the return of Maya that certainly will be the case.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/12/19 1:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So lets say the International Olympian don't show up (except the Aussies) until after the Olympics

I think you could start Moore and Collier at the 3 and 4 they can switch up the roles on both ends as the teams seems fit. It might make it a little hard when they are going up against teams with large pfs but you still have Fowles one of the best rim protectors playing behind them and Moore/Collier with their shooting and ability to put the ball on the floor would be a match up problem on the offense end.

I like Hebard at 6

Sims/Robinson
Augustus/Brown
Moore/Christmas/Talbot
Collier/Shepard
Fowles/Hebard #6

You may or may not have Dantas (you add Dantas to that post rotation that is a deep a flexible rotation) and Fagbenle for the end of the season that is 12
you can have the second round pick audition or get a spot if one of at #15 you could have guard options like Cooper, Martin, Laska, Harris, Dean, Higgs or others still on the board or take best available post at 15 (I don't know who that would be).
If Dantas/Fagbenle don't show You could bring in a free agent
or even have a 5th post spot for Brunson if she feels better and wants to close out her career in Minny

I understand the idea of trading Moore (I wonder if there is more than meets the eye with this year off?) I don't know Minny fans opinion on Cox but if Atl got #2 Cox and Collier seems like an interesting front court of the future maybe you could get Atl to throw in Hayes or Breland?

But if Moore wants to come back adding Moore and the #6 pick to the current team should be enough of an upgrade to be in the contender column next season.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 09/12/19 5:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i certainly hope moore is at least keeping reeve in the know.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 09/12/19 5:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

collier is obviously who the team should be centered around at this point (regardless of moore's decision).
dantas, sims, brown and shepard would be the (younger-ish) others i assume are key pieces going forward.

i think if fowles can become/accept a role like taj mcwilliams-franklin, she'd be much better off. to center the offense around her at this point in her career is just not working/going to work.

i don't think any of sims/brown/robinson are good full-time SGs, so i would look to fill this role for next year... i just don't know how/who.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/12/19 6:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm yet to be convinced that Maya has any interest in coming back, which makes things difficult. Fowles is only getting older and more beaten up by the year, and while Collier is a great do-some-of-everything piece, I don't think she's going to be the kind of superstar who can be your #1 star on a title team any time soon. They probably need a genuine home-run somewhere to add in to get back amongst the top group of teams - whether that's Maya showing up ready to play, a free agent/trade, or something unexpected happening in the draft. Otherwise I'd expect another year of rebuilding and inconsistency - too good under Reeve to plummet, but not enough talent to truly contend.

PostPosted: 09/12/19 7:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't Fowles have an elbow injury last year? As I recall it required Tommy John surgery which is a very long recovery. Did it ever get fixed?

toad455

PostPosted: 09/12/19 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder what Moore's plan is in terms of employment if she's done with basketball?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
adamj95

PostPosted: 09/12/19 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Robinson a FA? I would actually like to get a PG who can shoot 3’s.

PostPosted: 09/12/19 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I wonder what Moore's plan is in terms of employment if she's done with basketball?

She seems focused on Criminal Justice Reform.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/12/19 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:

If you believe Megdal's sheet, yes, she's out of contract. Depending on what's available, they might go after more of a 2 considering Sims and Brown can pretty much cover the PG duties if necessary. Opens up the options a bit.

PostPosted: 09/12/19 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

If you believe Megdal's sheet, yes, she's out of contract. Depending on what's available, they might go after more of a 2 considering Sims and Brown can pretty much cover the PG duties if necessary. Opens up the options a bit.

Would be nice to get some 3 point shooters on this team besides Brown, Dantas, and occasionally Sims.

PostPosted: 09/12/19 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Didn't Fowles have an elbow injury last year? As I recall it required Tommy John surgery which is a very long recovery. Did it ever get fixed?

She got a treatment that didn’t require surgery. Her elbow is fine and not an excuse for anything this year.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/12/19 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:

Ever heard of Lexie Brown?

LynxFan32

PostPosted: 09/12/19 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
zune69 wrote:

The Lynx don't have a good history with trades though, so I'm not sure. Just this year:
The Sun are the #2 team in the WNBA after the Lynx traded Natisha Hiedeman for Lexie Brown
The Sky became a top WNBA team after the Lynx traded them a 3rd round pick for Alaian Coates.
The Sparks became a Finals Contender once again after the Lynx traded them Alexis Jones for Odyessey Sims.
Basically every team that makes a trade with the Lynx becomes an instant Finals contender, except for the Mercury.

Does not make any sense.....the sparks are not a finals contender...I don't think they even make it there

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 1 of 29

Jump to: