50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Storm
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 16

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/11/19 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Except for 1 or 2 games the only thing Talbot has done all season for the Lynx is kill any momentum they have. 😐

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/11/19 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
And be precise with your shade. I’m not a critic of Collier I simply just believe Arike is better period.

Nah, that wasn't for you or anyone here. I'm all for people pointing out how good Arike became.
Elsewhere on the social medias, some of the tone was less positive.

PostPosted: 09/11/19 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The whole theory of ALWAYS trying to feed Fowles when she's in the game is the same theory that killed the team when she was in Chicago...and then she was a lot younger, more mobile, and had fewer players to face who were close to her size. She looks pretty dis-interested. Maybe just ready for a vacation. And it's so obvious what they're doing that Seattle just does the swarming defense which has been effective.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

Luuuc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
And be precise with your shade. I’m not a critic of Collier I simply just believe Arike is better period.

Nah, that wasn't for you or anyone here. I'm all for people pointing out how good Arike became.
Elsewhere on the social medias the tone was less positive.

I do apologize Luuc!

Looks like Minnesota finally figured out how to get the ball into Gojira, without turning it over.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/11/19 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Except for 1 or 2 games the only thing Talbot has done all season for the Lynx is kill any momentum they have. 😐

She's a taller Laurie Koehn.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/11/19 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Sami:

Catch and shoot: yes.
Drive the lane: no.

Yeah it has not ended well for her!

PostPosted: 09/11/19 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

Her last stop on the way out of the WNBA: Atlanta

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/11/19 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crap. Tablot is back in the game. The Lynx have officially given up. 😭

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/11/19 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:

Her last stop on the way out of the WNBA: Atlanta

Actually, I take that back: if Koehn were six inches taller, she'd still be in the league.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/11/19 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This has been a weird game for Sims. Only 2 shot attempts. Reeve must have told Sims to tone down her aggressiveness on offense. She's not even looking to score.

Last edited by zune69 on 09/11/19 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
adamj95

PostPosted: 09/11/19 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well that was a disappointing end to the season. Need more 3 point shooting on the gram and take better care of the ball.

PostPosted: 09/11/19 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lynx officially finish 2019 being one of the worst teams in the WNBA 2 years in a row.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/11/19 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We'll almost certainly get beat at LA, but having one playoff game is more than I thought we'd get after the Stewart & Bird injuries, let alone one win. Smile

Stormeo wrote:
If they can limit Howard even just to her normal numbers, I too don't see the Storm winning Neutral

Howard had TWO (!!) points. And yet we won. Boo Boo The Fool's Comedy of Errors continues, but I don't mind!

scrappy

PostPosted: 09/11/19 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
This has been a weird game for Sims. Only 2 shot attempts. Reeve must have told Sims to tone down her aggressiveness on offense. She's not even looking to score.

reeve cannot coach/win without superstar talents.

as ya'al saw it tonight. there is still good talents on the lynx, just not superstar talents.

fowles and reeve have to go.

if i were a lynx fan,

PostPosted: 09/11/19 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
We'll almost certainly get beat at LA, but having one playoff game is more than I thought we'd get after the Stewart & Bird injuries, let alone one win. Smile

Stormeo wrote:
If they can limit Howard even just to her normal numbers, I too don't see the Storm winning Neutral

Howard had TWO (!!) points. And yet we won. Boo Boo The Fool's Comedy of Errors continues, but I don't mind!

I was another one who said that if Howard could be contained, the Lynx would win. Howard was more than contained. I never would have believed that Seattle could dominate with Howard only having two points. But I also never would have believed that the Seattle starting backcourt would outscore Minnesota's 48-1.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/11/19 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
zune69 wrote:

reeve cannot coach/win without superstar talents.

as ya'al saw it tonight. there is still good talents on the lynx, just not superstar talents.

fowles and reeve have to go.

if i were a lynx fan,

If the Lynx had a great head coach instead of Reeve they would've won at least 6 titles by now and be better than a bottom 6 team this year, but Minnesota doesn't have that high of standards (e.g. nobody in Minnesota complained or wanted to get rid of Reeve for gifting the Sparks 2 extra points at the end of the game so the Lynx could lose by 1), and when they fire somebody they almost always manage to hire someone worse.

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 09/11/19 11:53 pm; edited 6 times in total
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/11/19 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Stormeo wrote:

Howard is the G.O.A.T. in that she doesn't need to score more than 2 points to lead her team to the Finals every year. What a legend!

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 09/12/19 5:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i still cant get over the end of the 3rd and beginning of 4th quarter... collier was on a roll and they stopped going to her... she was at the 3 for a few minutes with KML on her!!!
but nope, unsuccessfully forcing it into fowles was the decision.

i hope collier works on 2 things over the 'off-season'
first, slashing/attacking off the dribble (like cash and catchings and swoopes were able to do)... i feel like last night if she had that capability, they could have cleared it out and gave her the ball. too big for KML/clark, too fast for langhorne.

second, keep improving outside shot.

justintyme

PostPosted: 09/12/19 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Lynx fired Reeve, 3/4 of the league's owners would be calling their GMs into their offices and asking them...what do you think, could we possibly get her? And a bunch of coaches that have no business being on a hot seat would suddenly have their jobs in peril.

Because she is that good.

But luckily, the Lynx aren't that stupid.

PostPosted: 09/12/19 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
i still cant get over the end of the 3rd and beginning of 4th quarter... collier was on a roll and they stopped going to her... she was at the 3 for a few minutes with KML on her!!!

When things get stalled it's almost reflexive for your team to try and go to your most traditionally dominant player. The Lynx miss a true floor general like Whalen to move the ball and find the smart play.

Some of this is also on Collier. She needs to learn to be more vocal and demand the ball. Actually take over the game in these situations and don't allow them to go away from her. It's hard to do as a rookie, especially when you haven't been the focal point of the offense for most of the year, but without it the offense is going to go back to their natural inclinations (forcing it to Fowles).

PostPosted: 09/12/19 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not a single post in this thread mentions Jordan Canada. Unreal.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/12/19 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
snlMINAJ wrote:

When things get stalled it's almost reflexive for your team to try and go to your most traditionally dominant player. The Lynx miss a true floor general like Whalen to move the ball and find the smart play.

Some of this is also on Collier. She needs to learn to be more vocal and demand the ball. Actually take over the game in these situations and don't allow them to go away from her. It's hard to do as a rookie, especially when you haven't been the focal point of the offense for most of the year, but without it the offense is going to go back to their natural inclinations (forcing it to Fowles).

I felt like Reeve got a little trapped last night, and it's somewhat a reflection of where they've been as a franchise for a while. Fowles is still an effective scorer who shoots nearly 60% from the field and puts up double-doubles on a lot of nights. She's also still a significant defensive presence. And yet, the numbers say she's rarely part of their best lineups, and you can see with a basic eye-test how trying to feed her can sometimes stall the offense and lead to turnovers. She's also just not what she was in terms of establishing position inside, and these days sometimes seems to float through games rather than trying to actively dominate them.

On top of that in this game, Dantas was producing offensively, and Collier was much more effective when they moved her to the 4 to get her away from Alysha Clark's defense. So you feel like you should put your star center back in the game, but that took them out of what was working elsewhere. That confusion and imbalance ended up derailing the comeback effort (although the complete lack of production from the guards all night long obviously hurt throughout). They rarely seem to find a genuine balance between the interior production and keeping the offense flowing. It's too much one or the other.

Despite the still-solid numbers, Fowles just isn't Fowles any more, and they probably need to transition to a more perimeter-oriented offense. But they don't quite have the horses for that yet on a nightly basis. At least not unless Maya comes back.

PostPosted: 09/12/19 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fowles is the same Fowles that clogged up Chicago for years. Without good perimeter shooting to loosen things up you get the offense that made Steven Key famous.

PostPosted: 09/12/19 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who ever would have thought that Mercedes Russell would outplay Teflon Syl in playoff game? The player almost nobody wanted in the draft and got cut by the hapless Liberty?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: